“True Mexican Experience”
Review of Lalo's Restaurant

Lalo's Restaurant
Ranked #338 of 2,070 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hole in the wall is a cornucopia of dishes and favors. Their signature dish is the Molcajete, which is a grinding stone with three kinds of meat , cheeses and prickly pear cactus leaves. They don't take debit o credit cards so take cash. The hoe hats and Jamaica water are excellent. Get there early because space is limited. Great food!

1  Thank Pichungo

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Lalos has alot of great normal Mexican food. Their tacos and burritos are excellent as well as their sopas and huaraches.

But what distinguishes Lalos are their unusual dishes. Do you know what a Molcajeta is?
Its my son's favorite dish. What about barbacoa? They only have that on the weekend.

The location is safe and parking is easy. The interior is basic.

Its really good!

1  Thank davis-family
Reviewed December 12, 2010

And I've eaten at a gazillion Mexican restaurants. Lalo's is the real deal. Friendly, efficient service and delicious food. No chips. The salsa is on the table in big bowls...four different kinds, some quite picante. The menu is extensive. We had chicken tamales, cheese and chile tamales, stuffed poblano pepper, carnitas tacos. The masa (the cornmeal mixture that makes up the body of the tamale) is the most savory masa I've ever tasted. The flavors are fresh and more satisfying than anything I've ever had in an American Mexican restaurant.

I'm grateful that our GPS could help us find Lalo's as we were passing through town at lunchtime. I can't wait for the next opportunity to be in Sacramento.

2  Thank AboveEarth