“Best ever beef tacos”

Swabbies
Ranked #255 of 1,994 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Temecula, CA
“Best ever beef tacos”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

OMG!!! These are without a doubt the BEST beef tacos EVER!!!!! Wish we had a Swabbies in Southern California.
The restaurant is on the river, it's a fun place.

Visited August 2011

“Very decent”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Cool staff, decent food and beers. right near the river. Very chill and relaxing.

Sacramento, California
“A fun river atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

A recent trip to Swabbies Restaurant was great fun. This place is super casual, with a dive like atmosphere, and who doesn't love a great dive? It is right on the river and complete with its own pirate, this is a great place to kick back, have some tacos and beer and relax. The tacos and philly cheese steak were great, and the beer was cold. There is live music on the weekends, and we'll be back for that. Highly recommended as a place to feel like you are getting out of town, without ever really leaving town!

• Visited August 2011
Sacramento, California
“Disgusting food...nice people”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

How terrible! I had the shrimp tacos, and the taco shell wad good, but the food itself was bland with no seasoning on the shrimp whatsoever! I went the on a date, and too bad my date didn't know it was NOT A PLACE FOR A DATE! My date had the fish taco and he said they were terrible too. The place is a bar, and very....honky-tonk. I wasn't sure if we would be lynched or not at first, but the people were actually nice. The guy at the door was drunk but nice. One of the guy bartenders was very friendly. It's a hole in the wall along the river, and it's right near a freeway overpass with no view of the river. My other gripe is they had the nerve to charge a cover. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? This was a place was a dump and they had a cover. OUTRAGEOUS! A couple decided to have their wedding reception there and the backyard is nice, but if it was catered by Swabbies (couldnt' tell if it was or not) I feel bad for their guests! The bathroom is outside along the deck and not very clean. It's not worth the drive. If you want to go to a dive, find one in downtown/midtown because the location's pretty central and I'm sure the drinks would be the same there if not better. Don't bother waisting your time driving all the way out to Swabbies (it's kinda in the boondocks). And whatever you do....DON'T GO THERE FOR THE FOOD! GROSS!!!!.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank FoodieCutiePatootie
Sacramento, CA
“Great way to celebrate any occasion”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Three months ago, I started a new job. My co-workers were nice enough to treat me out for my birthday. We decided to have Lunch at Swabbies. I haven’t been there, until two days before my birthday. Since it was St. Patrick Day, Swabbies were serving corned beef and cabbage. It was so good. The corned beef and cabbage was light and refreshing. Two of my co-workers ordered Swabbies famous tacos. They thought the famous tacos were delicious. I will definitely order them next time. Since the sun was peeking through the clouds, we enjoyed our lunch outside near the River. They have plenty of picnic table and regular tables set out along the Sacramento River. Definitely the spot to entertain small or big groups. It can be the perfect spot to hang out and enjoy great food and the sun; especially during the summer.