“Worth a repeat visit the next evening!”

Frasinetti Winery and Restaurant
Ranked #231 of 2,013 Restaurants in Sacramento
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Willits, CA
“Worth a repeat visit the next evening!”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Sacramento is a city with many great restaurants, so a visit usually involves a range of choices whittled to a precious few by shrewd local friends eager to show their city at its best. Frasinetti Winery and Restaurant was so appealing in every possible measurement, I insisted we go back the next evening to see if it was possible to duplicate the blissful experience of the first visit.

The bar maid was still adorable and helpful in making selections. The wait staff, including our bus boy, were prompt, efficient, and cheerful. The Merlot and Zinfandel were exemplary. The pot roast special was as memorable as grandma's, and steak the next evening was delivered precisely the way it was ordered ... throughout! The garlic potatoes and pasta were done to perfection. Appetizers and desserts were a delight!

The room in which we dined featured vintage wood high-back booths. The tasting room host was charming and helpful. The owner stopped by both evenings to inquire about our satisfaction. The ambiance throughout, including the dance room and bar, was lively yet cozy and encouraged camaraderie with other customers. The nicest surprise was the final tab, significantly less than in other metropolitan cities.

First stop on the next visit? Definitely Frasinetti's!

1 Thank jaygordon

Sacramento, California
“We really enjoyed the food and the wine...”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We really enjoyed the food and the wine tasting. Great place.

Sacramento, California
“Sacramento History found here!”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I love coming here because I feel like I'm on the inside of a great secret. This place is hard to find and in a lousy location...warehouses and railroad tracks...whoo hoo! But it's great...really! Fairly typical Italian food served by a pleasant staff and a nifty little wine tasting room across the lot. Go be in the Know!
They have private rooms available, so it is a good place for private parties.

johnnys13
“Wonderful Restaurant!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2008

We were new to town and a little wary when we saw the neighborhood, but when we arrived at the small restaurant we were very pleasantly surprised! Very old, interesting building, nice grounds. The service was a breath of fresh air, everyone was accommodating, quick, and willing to help. The food came VERY fast, I had the spaghetti and ravioli, which is a pretty standard dish, but was a very good portion and very tasty! She had the Pasta primavera which I tasted as well and was very good! We also enjoyed a bottle of their own sparkling white. With both our meals, and the bottle of wine, the bill came to 51.00 with a handsome tip for our great waiter! I am very particular when it comes to restaurants, almost to the point that my g/f becomes annoyed, and I have to say I was very pleased with this place! They weren't that busy, I'd love to see them stay in business, go there!