“An oasis of Indo” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #124 of 1,981 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Indonesian, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: It's all about the Spice! We use spices you've never heard of, for flavor you'll never forget!! Indo Cafe is a family owned, friendly cafe in Old Town Sacramento that serves authentic Indonesian cuisine and other tasty, healthy Asian dishes.
Panama City, Panama
“An oasis of Indo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

While on a 9 hour layover on Amtrak, I stumbled on this quaint little place. I am mixed with Indonesian and it was a great place to hang out and get to know the new owners who took over a few months ago. I had the nasi goreng and enjoyed being taken back to familiar flavors. Might not be like oma made it, but definitely worth the visit!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Sacramento, California
“Indonesian food done right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

The owners cook up authentic Indonesian comfort food. Its not fancy, but it is tasty and inexpensive. Add to that the restaurant's easy, friendly atmosphere and for me, the experience is excellent.

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We found this place, hole in the wall, but the food was just awesome. It was tasty, fresh, simple, but good flavor. I got their noodles, which was similar to our Philippine pancit my mom really enjoyed the chicken satay, she wanted to ask for the recipe. Just satisfied. I wanted to try more stuff, but I was full. The owner was very friendly. I wish I could go back to this place, and try the other dishes, unfortunately, quite iossible at this time

• Visited June 2013
Martinez, California
“Judege the book, not the cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had read good reviews, and not a single bad review, so we tried the Indo Cafe and concur, it ihas very good food. Located in Old Town Sacramento, there is limited on street parking (which we managed to get) but there is plenty of parking in a nearby structure. Located On Front Street in old town with a wooden sidewalk, Indo Cafe is not much to look at. It has 4 tables inside and a fair amount of outside seating. We ordred 3 appetizers: Chicken Satay, Lumpia and Corn Fritters ( the corn fritters are made to order and so it took a few more minutes, but they were worth it)
Each came with its own sauce and each sauce tasted fresh and distinct. The Satay was well cooked and tender, the Lumpia was crisp on the outside and not greasy while the filling was fresh and tasty. The corn fritters had a nice blance of "fritter" to corn with the corn having a nice bite to the individual kernals. The portions were generous without being overwhelming. Total meal, with out a beverage and with a generous tip came out to $24 for the two of us

This is Indonesian Food, sort of a cross between Thai and Indian - perhaps "liter" than Indian and a little less "floral" than Thai. The staff was friendly and chatty. Perhaps because we were early, around 3:30 in the afternoon, there were only a few customers that came through, purchased and left during our visit. I hope the crowds pick up - and if there is a crowd, the food is work the wait. We will definitely return next time we are in the area (Seventy miles from home).

• Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What Happened to the Flavor?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've been here several times when I visited Sacramento and the food was always delicious. But this visit, it seemed it was run by other people, a rude chinese guy and an older guy were taking the orders, I ordered the Chicken Bami noodle dish which tasted very bland and only a few pieces seemed like old Chicken but overall, the food was very blah. Let's say, I had more flavor in Cup of noodles. I sure hope this was just an off day or hopefully the original staff or owners were either on break or vacation.

• Visited May 2013