“Super loud, very good”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The waitress let us know there were just 10 minutes left of happy hour and that we could still get our order in, which was nice. Good sized, solid rolls and pleasant service. Very good veggie roll (PETA roll). It's a bit dark for my taste, but it is always pretty full there. If I'm in the area, near Sacramento State, it's a good choice but it's a maze to find it. You have to park and walk through the courtyard that adjoins several businesses to get to the door.

There are newer reviews for Tokyo Fro's Rockin' Sushi Bar

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went on a Friday night with some girlfriends and it was pretty good. I am not thrilled with the beer selection but I never am at a sushi place so no biggie. The food was good and the service was very good. I understand that they have happy hour everyday so I look forward to checking that out. Nothing mind blowing but overall an enjoyable place to go.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was browsing through the restaurants in my area and I completely forgot about how much I loved going to Tokyo Fro's! Not only is the sushi excellent, but the atmosphere is great too! I've been there for many great lunch meetings as well as been there for many evenings in the bar area. I'm getting hungry thinking about it and I'll have to go back very soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was visiting a buddy of mine in Sacramento and he said we had to go to this sushi place since their food is awesome. Boy, was he right. Tokyo Fro's is basically a bar and a restaurant. On the left side is a dimly lit bar, and on the right side is the restaurant. On the restaurant side you can either sit at tables or sit at the sushi bar. There are a couple of TVs behind the sushi bar so you can watch sports. My friend and I had 5 hand rolls between the two of us. We had the Godzilla roll (tempura prawn), the Badazz [those Zs are really supposed to be Ss but TripAdvisor won't let me put Ss!], the Geek Girls Gone Wild (spicy tuna), the Tarantula Roll (soft shell crab), and another I can't remember. The rolls are pretty big. They are all topped with various sauces and/or fish depending on what you order. All were very good.

The bill can add up quickly if you're hungry. Rolls average about $13 each with some as much as $16. My friend and I ended up eating about 5 rolls between the two of us (we were pretty hungry), and that was just the rolls. Once you throw in drinks, you could easily be looking at a dinner of about $30 to $40 per person. If you don't want to spend as much, then I guess you don't have to eat as much but then you'd be missing out on this great food!

Since my first visit, I've been back a second time, and I have to say that it was just as good the second time as the first. The service is solid and as an added bonus, the waitresses and bartenders are pretty good looking -- and that was before the beer goggles set in. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband and I heard about this place from a friend. Once we tasted their delightful sushi, we always go back. It seems that this place likes to serve the college crowd so we try to go when it's not busy, usually at lunch hour or Sunday evening. We tried almost all their rolls and we were never disappointed. The staff were always friendly and the service is pretty quick. They have traditional nigiri and sashimi but I think their expertise lies on the various fun and whimsical rolls that they make. It's a good place to hang out with friends but we have brought our kids here as well. Just make sure that if you bring your kids, go during a time when it's not busy. This place is highly recommended!