“Came for the pastry, but was blown away by the espresso.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 43 Bakeries in Sacramento
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Came for the pastry, but was blown away by the espresso.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I have lived in sac for 22 years and just now have discovered this little hide away. I am a pastry loving person and Freeport does not disappoint. They may not be "known" for there esspreso or coffee, but it was one of the best cappuccino. With the amount of people they have on staff the line moves along so fast it's almost a shock when you realize after a few seconds that you are already being helped. I love this place. Sad I'm moving away.

Sacramento, California
“Best Black Forrest in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is my go to bakery for specialty cakes. The Black Forrest with it's dark chocolate and cherries is to die for! It is a nice smallish neighborhood bakery in the Land Park area. Easy to find and for me a good thing - open early.

Visited December 2012
Roseville, California, United States
“There is a good reason they have been voted the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Everything looks wonderful. We had a variety of their cookies and all of them were fantastic. I will be trying other things next time.

Visited December 2012
Sacramento
“Best chocolate chip cookies ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was traveling in Wisconsin and stopped off at a bakery that ruined chocolate chip cookies for me, because they were so good, even day old. Every cc cookie I had afterward paled in comparison. Three years later, someone recommended Freeport Bakery as a must for bakery and pastries. I stopped there while in the area and bought some cake pops for the kids, and on a whim, a couple chocolate chip cookies. I was blown away. How was it that I never knew about this place when I actually worked in Sacramento for eight years? (Actually, it's probably a good thing I didn't. Now, it's an hour's drive to get there, which makes the anticipation that much sweeter, and resisting temptation that much easier!)

• Visited October 2012
Sacramento, California
“Best place for anyones sweet tooth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Freeport bakery is one of the cutest bakerys i have ever been to! For my fathers 66th birthday i went there to get him a pie due to the fact that if my father could have his way he would of gotten the chocolate cake but since he is a diabetic we settled for pie. Ill have you know that there berry pie is one of the greatest pies my father has ever had! I myself i am not a pie person but Freeport bakery now has me hooked! I really recommend this place to anyone with a sweet tooth.

• Visited September 2012