“Best Black Forrest in town!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 43 Bakeries in Sacramento
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Sacramento, California
“Best Black Forrest in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is my go to bakery for specialty cakes. The Black Forrest with it's dark chocolate and cherries is to die for! It is a nice smallish neighborhood bakery in the Land Park area. Easy to find and for me a good thing - open early.

Visited December 2012

Roseville, California, United States
“There is a good reason they have been voted the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Everything looks wonderful. We had a variety of their cookies and all of them were fantastic. I will be trying other things next time.

Visited December 2012
Sacramento
“Best chocolate chip cookies ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was traveling in Wisconsin and stopped off at a bakery that ruined chocolate chip cookies for me, because they were so good, even day old. Every cc cookie I had afterward paled in comparison. Three years later, someone recommended Freeport Bakery as a must for bakery and pastries. I stopped there while in the area and bought some cake pops for the kids, and on a whim, a couple chocolate chip cookies. I was blown away. How was it that I never knew about this place when I actually worked in Sacramento for eight years? (Actually, it's probably a good thing I didn't. Now, it's an hour's drive to get there, which makes the anticipation that much sweeter, and resisting temptation that much easier!)

• Visited October 2012
Sacramento, California
“Best place for anyones sweet tooth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Freeport bakery is one of the cutest bakerys i have ever been to! For my fathers 66th birthday i went there to get him a pie due to the fact that if my father could have his way he would of gotten the chocolate cake but since he is a diabetic we settled for pie. Ill have you know that there berry pie is one of the greatest pies my father has ever had! I myself i am not a pie person but Freeport bakery now has me hooked! I really recommend this place to anyone with a sweet tooth.

• Visited September 2012
“Oh, the scones!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I usually try to stay away from bakeries, but can't resist this place for special treats. My favorite breakfast treat is a scone with coffee so take home enough to have for a couple of days. My husband is the one with the sweet tooth so he likes everything that Freeport makes.

Visited September 2012