“Spot on service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland
“Spot on service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed last month and am just getting around to writing this review. First let me say I am in the hotel business as a GM of Food and Beverage. I know what to expect and what can go wrong for the operator. The team there exceeded our service expectations in every area; valet, front desk, housekeeping, managers, and restaurant. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Troy C
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay and experience with us! i delighted that you had a wonderful stay. We strive to ensure our guest(s) experience the best visit possible and enjoyable stay, feedback like this is something we strive to accomplish with every guest we interact with. Your comments have been shared with the team personally. we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We don't usually write reviews of places we stay, but we are frequent business and personal travelers. We have stayed at several Westins and have had no prior complaints. This was far and away the worst Westin we have stayed at.
1. Waited 45 minutes upon arrival due to miscommunication between the hotel and Priceline
2. Room we were assigned did not have a bathtub. Asked to pay for upgrade, were told they were full, yet next guest had pick of rooms.
3. After nice dinner at Scott's, TV didn't work, had to have maintenance come in at 11pm to fix it
4. Curtains wouldn't close and let in light
5. Poor service and misinformation by staff

We booked the Westin Sacramento through Priceline using their Express Deals for a same night stay. We drove in around 8:30 pm and were told that there was an issue with getting the reservation from Priceline. Another man was having the same issue and was being lectured by the check in attendant for using Priceline instead of going through Westin directly. After 45 minutes, we were given the keys to a room, but were given was must have been the worst room at the Westin. It only had a shower and no bathtub. When we offered to pay for an upgrade, we were told that there were absolutely no more rooms available due to Priceline over promising available rooms. Yet we overheard another guest being offered the choice between several rooms.
We ate dinner at Scott's. The food was decent and it had a nice ambiance. We returned to the hotel around 11pm and the TV would not turn on. We got dressed again and the maintenance man came in shortly. He jiggled some wires and flipped a switch. Apparently, this is an issue he handles often.
In the morning, I approached the check in attendant to ask about Wifi and was told it is complementary and to follow the log in information. Back at the room, as soon as we logged in to the Wifi it notified us that a $10 charge was added to our bill. I called the front desk to confirm, was told I would be called back. After 20 minutes, I walked out of the room to the front desk and asked the same girl I had spoken with earlier. I confirmed Wifi was complementary and asked why we were billed. Her response was that Wifi was only complimentary in the lobby. She then realized her miscommunication and said she would remove the room Wifi charge.
As frequent guests of Westin hotels in several major cities, we were highly disappointed by the service we received at this establishment, as well as by our experience in using Priceline Express Deals.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Mike W
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay, on behalf of the entire front office team please accept my sincere apology that you had unsatisfactory stay with us! Your comments have been shared with the team personally.if time permit with your schedule please reach out and speak to the front office manager to discuss further. or when your travels bring you back to the Sacramento area let me us know and hope to give us another chance to make it right for you
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed in this hotel last weekend. I don't think they have the best staff on payroll. First we checked into the hotel and a few hours later, we got a call to our room asking if we were already checked in....hello? yes!

Tried to use the pool, but no one could answer on the phone if there were towels provided or not or how to get them. The carpets in the halls needed to be stretched, for I tripped a few times on the bubbling.

Secondly, we could never find a concierge at the concierge desk. There was never anyone around that knew the area to recommend places to eat or see.

Third, someone set of the fire alarm Saturday night at 3am and we all went outside and waiting in the cold for 45 minutes with no one ever directing us what to do, where to go, what was happening, nothing! When I checked out Sunday morning, no one could give an good reason why we exited the building or what happened. I asked if we will be compensated and they said a manager would have to call me.

Did I mention how bad parking is? There is none some times at night because the place gets so full. They aught to save some parking for hotel guests and then parking for visitors of Scotts seafood and other onside venues. Can you imagine paying for a room you can't get to??? We can.

Housecleaning didn't come clean our room until after 4:00pm the next day. We were waiting all day for them to come change our sheets, but I don't know what took them so long. Well, lastly, I just got my bill via email. They added $250 housecleaning to my bill to clean some female stains from the sheets!

I have left 3 messages for a manager to call me since I didn't get a call back, I called again at 6pm and I was told the manager had left for the day.

Personally, I think they could do a lot better with their customer service which quite frankly stinks!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank outlook13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We love our Starwood properties and this one is no exception! Great room, friendly and helpful staff, clean property, great restaurant! Delightful surprise just passing through to catch our flight the next morning. Will make sure and visit again.

Stayed July 2014
Napa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

A clean, comfortable room, excellent service, close to the zoo and Fairytale Town, great amenities (nice pool, bocce, fire pits with adirondecks) and delicious room service!! We came with two families…the kids had a great time with plenty to do and the parents felt a bit pampered with the comfort and beauty of the hotel (there is also a nice spa, but din;t have the opportunity to indulge!). Being right on the river gave us a beautiful view and away from the downtown area gave us peice and quiet. It was an excellent experience and would highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room overlooking the river and if you can on the 3rd floor…the rooms on the oppo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank NapaMommy
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Sacramento. Although we are not located in the downtown area we are a short drive to The City. Also Being the only hotel that is located along the river sure is a huge perk as well, not to mention also having Scotts Seafood attached to the hotel, they are known as the best seafood in Sacramento. Personalization is all our hotel is about and making our guests feel welcomed and want to come back and I am so pleased to know we were able to make you feel that way. As you did state we are also a short drive to the Sacramento Zoo and also Fairytale town two some of the greatest places you could bring your children to in Sacramento. I am very happy to hear how your stay went and I hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Sacramento.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

What a lovely place, amazing location along the river. It felt like I was driving up to some resort in the Napa Valley. The bad was that when I opened my room there was 3 employees in the room having a meeting! They looked at me like I made a mistake and was in the wrong room, made me feel terrible. One of them was even sitting on the bed. They quickly left the room after a couple of quick apologies and all was well. Later the manager asked if everything was ok and I shared that experience with him and again he said "Are you sure? Oh wait you must have gone in the wrong room, our business office is right next door". The service really is first class but I guess those things happen. I tried to get a massage in the health club to rub away the stress of the day but they were all booked. I did try to sign up loyalty plan but still have never received an email or anything in the mail. Would I stay there again, absolutely! The beds in the Westin Hotels are the best I have ever slept in at a hotel! Despite those rare issues it is a lovely "resort like hotel". Unfortunately I used all my companies budget and I have to stay at a Motel 6 next time.

Captaindan

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
First I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write this response about our hotel. We love getting our guest' feedback as it helps us succeed in our future return guest's and new guest's that just so happen to stay with us. Im delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Sacramento, your "boutique resort" so to speak . I am very sorry about the issue you had during your arrival to the hotel, our staff I am hopeful didn't scare you but I’m sure am glad to hear the recovery didn't affect your stay. Our Spa at the property, Spa Lale, is a great place to unwind during those long and busy work weeks, from their amazing deep tension massage to their relaxing facials are exactly what you need to help when you really need to feel those moments of pure bliss. Our hotel is one of the only ones located directly on the river with a very modern and European feel, I can see why you picture yourself in Napa California. Our hotel is a "home away from home" in some cases and I am very pleased to know that during your stay that was the case. I am so glad you were able to experience what it is like to be a guest of The Westin, it sure is a feeling of pure happiness. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Sacramento.
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The Westin was originally built as La Rivage and catered to visiting NBA teams with rooms and beds that are spacious (think basketball player tall.) The unique location where an old marina used to be makes a perfect urban getaway and wedding location too.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank pnpontheroad
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
The Westin Sacramento sure does cater to some amazing wedding's with the help from Scott’s Seafood. Being the only hotel in Sacramento located on the water it is a prime location for a romantic stay, family getaway, or destination wedding! Our Staff from the moment you step into our doors quickly make you feel as if we are the host and you our valuable guests. Our every effort when we come into work is to make your stay truly memorable. Thank you so much for the feedback and we look forward to having you visit again!