“Perfect birthday dinner”

Ella Dining Room & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ella Dining Room & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,014 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th Street
Transit: Cathedral Square Lite Rail stop 100 yards. Bus stops one block in either direction from K Street.
Description: In the heart of Downtown, the family behind The Kitchen and Selland's Market Café brings you the region’s most relaxed and elegant destination, Ella Dining Room and Bar. Ella offers warm, welcoming ambiance in an inspiring space that evokes effortless European rustic luxury. Our design team from Amsterdam has created an environment that is modern yet timeless, dramatic yet comforting. Ella brings together the finest quality local farm to fork ingredients from this bountiful region to create authentic and honest fine food that nourishes body and soul. Chef and Owner Randall Selland and family invite you to savor the joys of friends, family, and great food and wine. Service is gracious and refined. Ella has signature handcrafted cocktails, an eclectic and impressive wine list, and a fresh seafood bar. We specialize in Private Parties. Perfect for business lunches, celebration dinners, and everyday enjoyment. Walking distance from Convention Center, Capitol, theaters, and hotels. Located in America''s Farm to Fork Capital, Sacramento, in the city's "The Kay" District.
Sacramento, California
“Perfect birthday dinner”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

It begins with excellent staff. the atmosphere is lovely and matches the food presentation. That would be enough but the food is even better.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank 52inches

San Francisco, California
“disappointed”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

First the positives. Wait staff was wonderful, attentive and informative. They did give us a quiet table for a special evening. Now for the rest of the evening. Food was okay, nothing special. Would not do bone marrow again. Fig and burrata salad and cold salmon good but nothing special. Paella and beef checks okay. Pavlova and deconstructed bread pudding for dessert nothing special. Not the place I would go back to for a special evening.

• Visited September 2012
NY
“Splendid Feast”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went with partners to interview a prospective candidate.

We were immediately welcomed and directed to the lounge for cocktails. Wine selection is excellent, and they make great martinis.

Once we were ready to eat, we were quickly seated.

Appetizers and entrees were great.

I'll go back

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Emdoctor
Ontario, California
“Trendy”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great restaurant, but a little too trendy for me. I hosted a large group there using their two chef's tables, and they did a great job with the group. Food quality and service were good, however their servers did not communicate that I only wanted to host wine - so the bill got a little higher than I wanted.. This restaurant is a little too trendy for me, I think next time I will go back to some other restaurants in the area.

Visited May 2012
Truckee, California
“Unique and flavorful dishes.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed a great appetizer - bone marrow. Yes, if you grew up eating this dish, this is the place to have it again. I reccomend you share this with 4 people. I ate it by myself and it should have been my meal. It in a big Fred Flinstone bone with rock salt and bread. It was awesome. I enjoyed the rest of the dinner as did everyone else. The service was very good. We had a large party that needed special attention with corkage fees, vegetarian requests, sauce on the side types, and a generally thirsty bunch. We were well attended to. They are only open for dinner and do a Mother's day dinner I am hoping to attend soon.

1 Thank sejw