WINNER WONDERLAND

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way
Ranked #61 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
“Almost Perfect....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My family ended up here when the accommodations at the families house didn't quite cut the mustard. We were given a large room with two queen size bed for my son, husband, and myself. The kitchenette had anything necessary for a small meal. The dish towels even appeared brand new as did all the furnishings in the room. The bathroom was the
best! It was a mudroom set up that would easily accommodate a person who uses a wheel chair. I think it was the only downstairs left with the two beds:). The laundry room was reasonably priced all the machines worked well. Breakfast was typical pastry and coffee that you would expect. The service was wonderful. Wi-fi was a bit tech and go. Now the down side....This place is an extended stay and as such has a certain amount of weekly undesirables. All were fairly quiet but I was asked for change and cigarettes multiple times. The management is aware of the issue and is attempting to rid themselves of this element. Still they have to follow certain guidelines and not be prejudicial in renting rooms after all it is an extended stay. Other than that element and the fact that it boarders between an OK part of town and a not so great one I would have given it 5 stars. As long as I have my husband with me I would stay here again and likely will.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank hollister74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

On the road and picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor ratings. I would agree with some of the latest reviews that the rating is not accurate. The room is large enough and as it's an extended stay it has a mini kitchen with full size fridge, coffee maker sink etc. There is a small desk to work and a good size bathroom that has a sink and counter in it. The room condition was worn and there was hair in the bathtub. The linens also did not look clean. The manager has responded to other reviews that he has talked with his team but that does not appear to have helped. Spot checks or reviews of the cleaning staffs work is needed. The bright spot is the desk clerk was very friendly.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pdxballard
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Your comments in regards to the front desk staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read for the level of cleanliness in your room. To uphold our company's high standards, I will personally be inspecting each room prior to guests arrival to ensure that this issue is resolved once and for all.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at saw2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Sacramento hotels

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family booked this Extended Stay based on the positive Tripadvisor rooms, we normally stay in the La Quinta in the area. We found the negative reviews to be more accurate. This hotel has serious management problems and can't deliver on the basics of security and basic room cleaning. The first room we were assigned was already occupied, which we discovered when we put the keys in and opened the door. That they could make and give keys out to a room with someone in it is a big security issue. The second room we got had been smoked in and the trash had not been taken out from the previous guest. Third room was adequate but also had personal items left behind by the previous occupant(s) that the cleaners had not picked up. This is basic stuff...I'm not even getting into the poor linens, stains, etc. The only reason I give it two stars is the front desk staff service was good, they were nice and apologetic and tried to 'make it right'.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Your comments in regards to the front desk staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you didn’t find your room(s) to be clean when you checked in. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with my team and reviewed with them the cleaning procedures and standards. Safety of our guests is our highest priority and I can assure you that this was an isolated incident has been addressed with our front desk staff accordingly.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at saw2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for several months (5) on business, and the hotel staff (especially the Manager), maids, and maintenance saw to our every need and want, practically on demand! They were all warm, cheerful, and interested in our feedback. We stayed on the third floor, and cooked all of our gluten-free meals in our room. It was elevator-served, had plenty of parking, and a great laundry room.

Would recommend this to anyone traveling in an extended-stay situation. It is ideal!

Room Tip: Second floor has best access to wi-fi
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shemara N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Shemara - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and your room. It is great to know that the fully equipped kitchen came in handy for cooking your gluten free meals!

La Puente, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Pros: large rooms, when only one bed; larger refrigerator; location.
Cons: Dirty, disrepair, noisy. Grab & Go breakfast all sugar/fat laden unless you want an apple or orange.
Great access to freeway and major roads, which also means more noise, especially on the NW side from the train ALL NIGHT.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kathrynlapuente
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Kathryn - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am glad to read your remarks about our larger rooms and refrigerator. However, I am very sorry that the noise from the train and freeway kept you up, and that the grab and go breakfast wasn't something you could enjoy. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working on having all our rooms up to par and to ask guest if there is any preference of a room when staying with us.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at saw2@extendedstay.com.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Enjoyed the stay in the hotel and would highly recommend it if you need to visit this area for work or school, or just need somewhere to sleep for the night. The thing that I found most disappointing was the neighbourhood. We could have been anywhere in the US. The place is dominated by freeways and large carparks for even larger generic department stores and chain restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Your comments in regarding our hotel are very much appreciated; yet, I was disappointed to read that you were not happy with our location.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at saw2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Vienna, Austria

Laundry Facilities
Right by the highway
Very clean!
Super friendly receptionists

Cons:
The grab and go breakfast is only junk food (not everyone considers the Quaker stuff junk food though- I do). It is nice they offer anything though!
SO many chemicals! Warning signs everywhere and it's clear why! There are so many great green cleaning products, why does every hotel have to use a laboratory?! The room smelled awful of chemicals and not even bleach. Worse stuff. We had to keep the door open to air it out.

Really the two points are mainly taken off because of the excessive chemicals. It smelled awful and was obviously not safe (hence the warning signs everywhere!). I recommend that pregnant women and small children do not stay here. Older healthy people will find this a comfortable good value stay for a night or two.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mgsquared
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our guest rooms, fully-equipped kitchen and laundry facility; however, we apologize that the cleaning chemicals were to strong when you enter your room. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to spray less of the chemicals and air out room before check-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Please feel free to contact me directly, at saw2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions.