Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way
Ranked #63 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel was great for the price.The staff were prompt and very helpful.The only thing i kinda didnt like was the fact that it didnt have any access to a pool or hot tub at all.Otherwise awesome stay.My daughter also liked the rooms.She stayed a couple days prior to me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Arden Way. It's always refreshing to see quality feedback from our valued guests like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Overall, this is a nice and well-priced place to stay for either a few nights or several weeks (as I am doing). The property is also fenced all the way around except for the parking lot entrance (which is on a side street), so security shouldn't be a big concern and I haven't heard or seen any problems... nice if you are traveling with your stuff in a car/trailer (but still use common sense).

Two things to be aware of, though. First, the free wifi is terribly slow... around 200kb/s at all times, day or middle of the night. Do not expect to be able to watch videos or use data-intensive web services, like cloud-based documents, with ease. When you log in to the network, it tells you that you can upgrade the wifi speed for a fee, but when it asks you if you'd like to do this, the options are "No" and "No". I kid you not.

Second thing: The dryers in the laundry are on their last limbs. Even using one of the dryers that are not out of service, the heat they put out is very tepid. No amount of fabric softener will yield wrinkle-free (or even wrinkle-free-ish) results. There are six dryers, and I've been here for several weeks and have watched as they've played "musical chairs" with the dryers -- one week these two or three dryers will be out of service, the next week a different set. All of them are out of service at some point or another, and there's never an instant where more than three or four are working. This is my #1 aggravation with the hotel... I find it disingenuous to keep juggling broken dryers around when common sense would dictate purchasing new ones. For this unscrupulousness I am deducting a star from the four I feel are otherwise warranted.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KitsuneSacto
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Our goal is to provide a consistent, dependable Internet experience which is crucial for our guests who are often staying with us for long periods of time while on business. That's why we have invested so much in a technology infrastructure that supports our guests' internet needs. I assure you that I take your comments very seriously, and that we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests. In additon I will further investigate and address any issues that may pertain to the dryers not working properly.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed for 1 night while we visited the state fair. It was close by(1.5 mi.) from the fair. Check in was pleasant and easy. We got a AAA rate. The room was clean. I could hear the freeway, but the air conditioner hum gave me a great night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Sacramento - Arden Way. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Excellent room, very clean! We needed a lot of help getting our way around the area and they were able to provide us with very great service, so it made our stay a lot more comfortable! We stayed there for 3 days and since day one they were willing to help us with everything! We need to print some paper work and they were more than happy to do that for us.

• Stayed: July 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Arden Way. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was a pleasant surprise...just off Business Rt 80 through Sacramento. The property has been newly remodeled. My room had a comfortable bed, regular size refrigerator, 2-burner stove, microwave and sink in the kitchen. New flat panel TVs are in each room. Clean and spacious bathroom area. Although the rooms are clearly for extended stays (no daily maid service unless there's a problem), the staff is helpful for whatever you need.

At less than $60 a night---this is a true bargain, and I will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim J
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at Extended Stay America Sacramento - Arden Way. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Santreese, Donte, and Liz were all very welcoming. Made my stay enjoyable. Will stay again when I return in 2 months

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Gldnboy510
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

"Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Sacramento - Arden Way. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area and we look forward to hosting you during your next trip.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I was told the monthly rate is $826 when I checked-in during my trial one week stay. I decided to sign a contract for a two month stay and was I informed the rate was really $125 more per month than I was originally quoted.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank bwitry
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Arden Way. I am eager to respond to your issue specifically, but our privacy policy prohibits me from discussing particulars regarding your credit card. Our company does reserve the right to change pricing, but we do guarantee your rate at the time your reservation is booked. Prices quoted are not guaranteed unless a reservation is made. Please rest assured that I would be glad to discuss any erroneous billing with you in person if you wish so your concerns can be resolved. Please do not hesitat to reach out to the property directly.