Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate
Ranked #71 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Genuinely friendly employees. Loved the full kitchenette, two burners, microwave, sink, pots and pans, ect. My bed was comfortable. Only issue was my heater. I didn't notify front desk, didn't want to change room. Room stayed warm enough. Stay if you want a small home from home.

• Stayed: November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and comfortable bed. As well, I am happy that you found our staff to be friendly during your stay with us. Still, I apologize for the issues you encountered with your heater. I will be sure to speak with our maintenance staff to ensure that this problem is not repeated. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am on day four of living in a construction zone. With no warning and absolutely no attempt at making this palatable for guests, the hotel decided to repave the entire parking lot area. This involved moving my car in the middle of the night every night for a week, which is an inconvenience but not a deal-breaker. The deal-breaker is every morning at a quarter to 8am I awake to a cloud of rancid smoke that permeates the room and gives me a migraine, and enough racket to wake the dead. When I asked for a room that might be a little farther away I was treated as if this was an insane request. As an extended stay corporate guest I have two needs of this room: space to sleep and work. Under these conditions I cannot do either and management is oddly impervious as to how this might be an opportunity for them to actually resolve a hospitality issue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our renovations and the repaving of our parking lot disrupted your stay. As well, I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. I thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I will definitely stay here again. Motel 6 prices but clean comfortable nice rooms equivalent to most 3 star hotels. Very convenient right off hiway 80 close to many eateries and shopping. Very friendly staff. For what you save on the room you can afford to eat out at one of the better restaurants on Truxel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your stay was clean & comfortable and that all your needs were met during your stay here; whether it was shopping or dining.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Gr8 place with excellent service and monthly rate. Also provided is a free fruit and breakfast bar area that helps start the day out right. You also receive weekly maid service. the location is right off I-80 and helps to navigate a crowded freeway system. Parking is plentiful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our new grab-and-go breakfast. Also, I am happy to hear that the rate you received was affordable and that our staff provided you with courteous and accommodating service.

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I purchased two rooms through the extended stay website and it is misleading. They say "total price" when you make the reservation but when you go to the hotel it is at least 20% more. There is fine print to read. Also, if you write anything in the preference it is ignored - they do not get the information at the location. It took 30 minutes to check in. I thought that was absolutely unnecessary. The manager, Michelle, seems so dedicated and overworked in an ineffective company.

Room Tip: Read the fine print.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LaLunaStella

Cynthia - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies regarding the confusion with your reservation and the time it took for check-in. Still, we are happy to know that you received courteous and friendly customer service from Michelle.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room was great, in a good location, it is close to the airport and the rooms were very clean. I would stay their again. If I had friends going that way I would suggest they stay their. The only problem I had was taken care of very quickly. The room were you I did my laundry was also very clean and I felt safe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dorothy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved our location and our clean rooms. It's also great to know that you felt safe and would recommend us to your friends or family coming to the area!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

-The outside looked nice. Well lit.
-The room would have been nice if it had been CLEAN
-Great t.v.
-Saw many people with pets -so if you have a pet I would recommend this place
-quiet
-convenient location
-Toilet clogged repeatedly -NO plunger in the bathroom -could hear the people on the other side trying to plunge their toilet
-No shampoo, conditioner, extra soap, toilette paper rolls
-crumbs and disgusting yellow stains on the blanket underneath the bedspread!!!
-obviously the blanket had NOT been washed!!!
-a big oil stain on one of the pillow cases
-lipstick lip prints on the coffee mug
-dirty bathtub
The air freshener/room deodorizer was SO overpowering it made my stomach sick and gave me a massive headache. I had to turn the fan on to air-out the room so there was a draft all night and my room was freezing cold, but because the blanket was soiled, I slept with just a sheet and was shivering all night long. Finally, at around 4 AM I couldn't take it any longer so I got a couple of towels and put them on my feet and around my head to keep my ears warm. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep that night and consequently could barely stay awake while driving home that day. I would have been better off sleeping in my car because at least I would have saved $80!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo