“Stayed there again...”

Ranked #71 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Sandy, Utah, USA
“Stayed there again...”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The rooms have been remodelded and are very clean and nice. Well worth the money! They are just now painting the exterior. But that should be completed in the next week or so. The grab and go "breakfast" wasn't much. But I-Hop is right next door.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been remodeled and are very nice so all are the same.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you love our newly remodeled rooms! We hope you will come again when our exterior is completed too. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed more than a year on and off in this hotel. The hotel accomedation is really good in respect to the price charged. Best location, right off highway 80. Nice open land next to it for workout (running).
The customer service at the front desk and by the management staff is astonishing. Whenever I had issues they were there ontime to resolve those to thier best. Especially Andolini and Michelle are best receptionist.

Alula Gebremedhin

Room Tip: I highly recommend this hotel to stay especially if you are thinking stayed a long time, a month or...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that we could be your “home away from home”, on and off, for the last year! It’s great to hear that Andolini, Michele, and the management always took care of you while you were there!

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My stay at northgate was awesome. The staff knew me by name and were very helpful. The room was clean and it was nice to be able to cook real food. The hotel I left before coming to northgate was like "roughing it", I couldn't even access their wifi, so my stay was awesome. The bed was very comfortable and I had plenty of storage space from my things and was able to set myself up comfortably to get ready from my travel work I was there for. They even had a laundry mat in house. Only thing that was missing was a swimming pool, but I quess you can't have everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for writing such a wonderful review! Our goal is to create a “home away from home” for each of our guests and I am so glad we were able to do that for you!

It’s great to hear that the staff knew you by name and that you found the kitchen so useful. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Carlsbad, CA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an inexpensive place to stay that has what you need. A clean room, clean sheet, a place to cook something small and a fridge to keep whatever you need cold. The staff are courteous, and helpful.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is quieter than the front and I felt safer staying on the second or third...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and it had everything you needed!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Hayward, California
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Hotel looked clean when I arrived.

After coming back at night I took a shower and passed out. The next day I was bitten by bed bugs!

I told the person in the reception, but she just said she was going to go and check the room.

I think this is such a horrible experience and I won't stay at this hotel anymore… Bad choice of hotel and a nasty experience!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel unless you want to spend the night with bed bugs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ivan T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests to enjoy. Please accept my most sincere apologies that we were unable to do this for you.

In response to your comments, I have met with each member of my staff and reviewed our cleanliness procedures and company standards. As well, we have inspected the room in question to ensure that a situation like this does not happen again.

Please know that we take your review very seriously and know how sorry we are that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Should you choose to visit again, I promise you will see redoubled efforts. For reservations, please contact the hotel directly and we will be happy to assist.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a clean and friendly hotel with a full fridge, cook top, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker...makes eating healthier easy while on the road. Also has nose flat screen tv for easy hdmi hook up.

• Stayed October 2012
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean and friendly hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I recently stayed at this location on 0608/2012. I have stayed a many Hotels and this was the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at.The advertisement states that the rooms have been newly remodeled,this must have taken place years ago.The only item new in this room was the flat screen T.V..The chair was torn on the corners,the decor (what there was) was from the 90's,the room smell so bad I took the air freshener from my car and stuck it in the ac / heating unit just so it would smell better.The location of the property was right off the freeway and that was great,although the area around it was terrible.I went to less than a mile up the road and it was the most dangerous neighborhood I have ever been in,looked like gang territory and just ghetto.This is not a safe place to stay........

Room Tip: Don't stay here this the worst place and location I have ever stayed
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rmiller0000
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Sacramento - Northgate. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacramento
EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ramada Sacramento
Ramada Sacramento
#59 of 81 in Sacramento
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - West Sacramento
Extended Stay America - Sacramen...
#3 of 15 in West Sacramento
Staybridge Suites Sacramento Natomas

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate? Share your experiences!