“Comfortable and Quiet”

Ranked #67 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Carlsbad, CA
“Comfortable and Quiet”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an inexpensive place to stay that has what you need. A clean room, clean sheet, a place to cook something small and a fridge to keep whatever you need cold. The staff are courteous, and helpful.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is quieter than the front and I felt safer staying on the second or third...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and it had everything you needed!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hayward, California
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Hotel looked clean when I arrived.

After coming back at night I took a shower and passed out. The next day I was bitten by bed bugs!

I told the person in the reception, but she just said she was going to go and check the room.

I think this is such a horrible experience and I won't stay at this hotel anymore… Bad choice of hotel and a nasty experience!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel unless you want to spend the night with bed bugs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ivan T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests to enjoy. Please accept my most sincere apologies that we were unable to do this for you.

In response to your comments, I have met with each member of my staff and reviewed our cleanliness procedures and company standards. As well, we have inspected the room in question to ensure that a situation like this does not happen again.

Please know that we take your review very seriously and know how sorry we are that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Should you choose to visit again, I promise you will see redoubled efforts. For reservations, please contact the hotel directly and we will be happy to assist.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a clean and friendly hotel with a full fridge, cook top, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker...makes eating healthier easy while on the road. Also has nose flat screen tv for easy hdmi hook up.

• Stayed October 2012
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean and friendly hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I recently stayed at this location on 0608/2012. I have stayed a many Hotels and this was the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at.The advertisement states that the rooms have been newly remodeled,this must have taken place years ago.The only item new in this room was the flat screen T.V..The chair was torn on the corners,the decor (what there was) was from the 90's,the room smell so bad I took the air freshener from my car and stuck it in the ac / heating unit just so it would smell better.The location of the property was right off the freeway and that was great,although the area around it was terrible.I went to less than a mile up the road and it was the most dangerous neighborhood I have ever been in,looked like gang territory and just ghetto.This is not a safe place to stay........

Room Tip: Don't stay here this the worst place and location I have ever stayed
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rmiller0000
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Sacramento - Northgate. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Crescent City, California
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The original choice for the hotel was based on proximity to the Sacramento International Airport and the availability of allowing for pets. The facility more than met the need. Although near the I-80 freeway, the noise was not an issue given the rooms were facing that direction. My only annoyance was people slamming their door shut. Because we had to go to bed early to catch an early departure, there was just something about the way the doors shut that made it sound like cannon fire..........if closed gently, not an issue. The other minor hiccup was having to ask for soap and shampoo. It was provided readily, but if you don't read the contract, you wouldn't know and the rooms don't have hair dryers, something else you have to ask for. For an "extended" stay, the rooms would be great given they have a kitchenette complete with utensils. On this stay, we didn't have need for any of that. The price was more than reasonable for the accomdations and would not hesitate to stay here again. The staff bent over backwards to answer any questions or provide any needs we had and we couldn't have asked for more helpful staff. There were several restaurants within walking distance also.

Room Tip: Depending on how light a sleeper you are, one entire side of the facility faces the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Javastreet
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a helpful review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Northgate. It's always great to hear feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This hotel is awful. Not only did they not have the king size bed available that I had reserved over a week earlier but the management wasn't even in the office for 20 minutes while we waited. Once they did show up, they gave us a Queen room. Once I realized that I went back and asked for the King and was told it was being made up. It would be ready in 20 minutes and then we could change rooms. They then called and I was told that the people that had the King room decided to stay an extra night. What, there's only 1 Kng room in the entire complex???? Then 3 hours later, they did the same thing to my sister, leaving her out in the cold and dark with a phone that didn't connect to anyone! And the same story about the people decided to stay an extra night... I found the honesty in their story very suspicious and the way it was handled in poor form. I will never stay there again and neither should you! Take your $ to someone who has your best interest in mind :-)

Room Tip: As far as I'm concerned, there are no good rooms at this establishment
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank agreatdesigner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacramento
EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ramada Sacramento
Ramada Sacramento
#59 of 81 in Sacramento
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - West Sacramento
Extended Stay America - Sacramen...
#4 of 15 in West Sacramento
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate? Share your experiences!