“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Portland, Oregon
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My family recently stayed 1 night at this hotel on a road trip to southern California. It was easy to find; clean; and the staff were very friendly. Pretty standard hotel room - but organized and clean. The free breakfast was great. The price was definitely right. We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank rkede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed here based on the Tripadvisor reviews. It was a nice place, but I was a bit disappointed based on the previous reviews. I got a good price through the hotel website. When I arrived, they allowed me to check in early. The room was a nice size and the beds were comfy. They do offer a free shuttle downtown, but if you just miss a shuttle, be prepared to wait. When we went to get the shuttle it had just left. The front desk clerk said it would be back in 20 minutes, but did not show up until 50 minutes later. They drop you off at the convention center, and then you can call them when you are ready to be picked up. We went the next day on a tour of UC Davis. When we got back around 2 p.m., our room had not been made up. I went down the hall to see when housekeeping would have a chance to make up our room, and I was told we were not on the list and we must have called the desk and asked that housekeeping not stop by. Hello!! Would I be asking when you would make up the room if I had asked you not to? The woman seemed very irritated that I wanted my room done. We had to go wait in the lobby until they finished with the room. The continental breakfast in the morning is very sparse, with lots of carbs and no protein. I would have rated this hotel a 4, if not for the negative experience with housekeeping. Still, overall, a good deal.

• 2 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We usually stay at the Governors Inn when we come to Sacramento. Have done so for a number of years. Service outstanding, rooms excellent. This time, however, we found the shower head absolutely abominable. Left a note to management to have it replaced along with the shower controls.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Salvador R
Bakersfield, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We recently stayed at Governors Inn with two of our grand daughters. We needed two connecting rooms and they were able to provide us with exactly what we needed and more. The surprise was that the price was so reasonable. We were nervous about the neighborhood, but it did not intrude on our experience and the hotel is lovely. We were close to everything we went to see (the captiol, Sutter's Fort, Old Sacramento, the Train Museum and the Crocker Art Museum). My favorite part of the experience was how clean our rooms were. Clean is important to me and this place was clean. We will return.

Downey, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Not a 5-star hotel, but for business in & out travel it was a pleasant experience. Hotel & Room was clean and neat, easily accessible. The front desk people didn't jump out and hug me when I arrived but they were courteous enough for my needs. Neighborhood not the best but then I wasn't there for evening walks anyway. Price was right and I will stay there again on my next business trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank pllago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were planning a vacation with our teenage daughters and spending a couple of nights in Sacramento. The price seemed to good to be true for just over $85 a night including taxes. Our room was large, clean and very nice. Breakfast was good and open later than most. Staff was friendly and helpful. It is close to downtown and parking was plentiful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank JEG253
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was looking for a room close to Sacramento to site see but did not want to spend $150 for a night.
I found this hotel online and I was so pleasantly surprised. It doesn't look like much from the outside but inside the room was LARGE, very clean and the $85 a night even included breakfast.
What a find! Check in was quick and easy and this hotel was a mile from delightful Old town Sac.
This was a great decision. If I am ever in Sacramento again I would absolutely return and would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends