“I always stay here when in Sacramento” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Governors Inn Hotel

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Chico, California
“I always stay here when in Sacramento”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Like my title says, I always choose here when in town. The evening front desk man (Heinrich sorry for bad spelling) is absolutely wonderful! friendly face and always remembers my name. The rooms are nice and usually very clean. although my last stay my room was not up to par.I would and have suggested this hotel to my friends and family. I will be staying here again in the near future. F.Y.I the area is not the best, you have a few wondering people thru out the night, but I have not seen or been bothered by them while staying here. .

Room Tip: I have only stayed on the 3rd floor.. and have not had any issues with noise but the view of the ove...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dalania A - Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when staying in Sacramento. We are humbled and honored to have earned your business. Our staff, as you mentioned, work very hard to take care of our guests and so glad that we have exceeded your expectations. I will share your review with our housekeeping department as we have very high standards. Thank you again for taking the time to sharing on Tripadvisor!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed one night in Sacramento, the front staff was very nice and recommended some eateries to us that evening. We went to the workout room the next room, and the facilities was what was expected in terms of equipment for this hotel. But no towels, no water in the room! There was a sink with tap water, which would have been ok, but it tasted like chlorine. I like to be fully hydrated while exercising, they need to put in a water dispenser. Pool was decent, but not heated so very cold at this time of year. Breakfast was good with waffles. The breakfast room was a decent size with lots of tables.

Room Tip: For a one night stay, I would say any room is fine. The place is fairly big with lots of rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Karen L - Thank you so much for staying with us. Appreciate your comments about providing towels in the workout room. Glad you liked the waffles -- that was a suggestion from one of our guests and the waffles have been very well-received.
South Lake Tahoe, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Recently stayed for a three night training session; used my boss’s credit card to book the room. The front desk person would not charge the room to the credit card it was book with and I had to put it on my personal card. They have an approval form that needs to be filled out by the card holder with a copy of the persons' driver license. It would have been nice to know before I arrived.
The stay was average, the room/sheets/ towels were clean. The shower was dated and needed grout. I could hear the people above me stomping around. The pool/spa was clean and isolated from the public view. The free breakfast was simple: waffles/oatmeal/cereal/bagels/fruits
Location is great. Walking distance to large riverside park; it’s a couple miles along river to “Old Town” Sacramento area lots of shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Try for the top floor so you don't have people stomping above you
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Matthew M - Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We do value and appreciate the feedback. As the front desk clerk explained, it is our policy, along with many other hotels, that we have a signed authorization form from the holder of the credit card authorizing the use of their card. I am sorry that this was not explained when you made the reservation. We do our very best to get the information out about our policies, I am sorry that we fell short in this instant.
San Clemente
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at the Governors Inn for a conference down town. Great value with good basic breakfast, clean newly redecorated rooms and best of all - free shuttle to and from the airport and downtown. Saved a bundle and the service was great.

• 5 of 5 stars
SanClementeMichael - Awesome review -- Thank you so much. Our business is all about taking care of our guests -- I am very glad we exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for staying with us!
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here while working short term in downtown Sacramento. The place is decent, with a free breakfast that includes make-your-own waffles. It is a quick drive down 7th from the downtown area. Parking is free. The rooms have been updated in past few years. The hotel is pretty clean, however it is on the outskirts of downtown so the immediate area doesnt really have much going on. You need to drive or cab into downtown for restaurants. Right next to a McDonalds and across the street from a gas station and Dennys.

Room Tip: Some rooms are right next to the McDonalds drive thru. I dont recommend those rooms.
    • 3 of 5 stars
jbrew3066 - Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to review us at trip advisor. We get a lot of good comments about our free parking and the make-your-own waffles in our continental breakfast buffet along with our other amenities. Thank you for sharing!
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

After my prepaid hotel downtown telling me that I did not have a room, Governor's Inn was there for me. The room was larger than I expected. Simply decorated. Quiet--which was necessary because I was there for the bar exam. The front desk was very professional and courteous. The only negative really--as I was grateful to just get a room at the last minute--was the frig. The mini frig was more of a swamp cooler. I had planned with my downtown hotel to have a complete kitchen so I had brought some food that needed refrigerated during my stay--but it was a small inconvenience--Dennys was located across the street and McDonalds directly next door so the problem resolved itself. Great stay for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
CaliforniaVisitor - Very glad to read that you had an excellent stay with us and we were able to meet your need at the last minute. look forward to having you stay with us again.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The hotel is quite nice and very clean. The staff is absolutely exceptional. Also, the park and river are in short walking distance and downtown within a 5 minute courtesy shuttle ride. Excellent. There is excellent dinign nearby as well.

Room Tip: The back side is qiueter whereas there is a 24 hour McDoinald's near the front.
    • 5 of 5 stars
John E. - Thank you for the EXCEPTIONAL compliments of our staff! They do a fabulous job. Great to read that you had such a wonderful stay and we hope to see you back soon.