“Nice , clean , pretty old place”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed one night there, I had a great time. hotel is located in a good place.Their room was spacious and clean I had a great and comfortable bed.Also, tube was acceptable.
There is no microwave in rooms.
the worst thing is their internet.
Break fast is Ok.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Babak S

Reviewed November 3, 2013

As a stopover on my trip further south, the Governor's Inn was excellent with pleasant staff, nice decor, and exercise room with quality TRUE equipment. The room rate was very reasonable for this hotel which I will definitely remember if my travel plans take me near Sacramento again.

Room Tip: Room on the east side, away from the I-5 side of the hotel would be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda B
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Linda B,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing a 5 star rating. Our staff is a hard working team who strive to exceed expectations of our guests. I am glad we did so with you. We really hope your travels bring you back to Sacramento.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel isn't much to look at from the outside, but is quite nice inside. The rooms are large, tastefully decorated, and very clean. The staff are friendly. The location is great for jumping in the car and getting onto the highway, but not good if you want to walk around (McDonalds and Dennys are the only things nearby).

A few complaints (and why they didn't get another star) - the continental breakfast was pretty lame, was served with cutlery and tableware straight from a prison ward, and was served in a room with Headline News on so loudly that conversation was impossible. The cage of parakeets in the front lobby was filthy (they should either keep it clean or not bother to have it). And my shower was either hot or cold but not in-between no matter how carefully I adjusted the control.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hilary S
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it is close to the Sacramento airport and I was flying out the next day. My car window was broken, my laptop and other items stolen. When I told the night clerk, his lack of concern was upsetting. I was told someone would call me to let me know if they found these items - I had to call them. I will never stay at this hotel again - not only due to lack of security, but the uncaring attitude towards their customer.

Room Tip: Pick an upstairs interior room if you are a woman traveling alone.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Janice W
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel was very easy to find about 200 yards from the freeway. The welcome was good and the room better ( we had been en route for 20 hours). My only criticism would be that it was difficult to balance the shower temperature. The breakfast was particularly good. So often the breakfast room has only disposable plates and cutlery. Here there were real plates and cutlery. The coffee was good and 4 different types of Danish pastry showed some thought and care had gone into the service. The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from Old Sacramento along a pleasant riverside walkway/cycle path. I would have no reservation in staying here again

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BVMAN

Dear BVMAN,

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us a 5 star rating! Our staff team does their very best to exceed expectations of our guests and we are glad that we were able to deliver on that to you. I have passed along your feedback on the shower to our maintenance manager. Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The staff were very friendly and prompt. The room was very large and nicely decorated . The only thing is that this hotel is a little far from shopping and restaurants. There is a McDonalds and a Dennys right infront of the hotel. They offer free WIFI which was fast and free breakfast which included make yourself waffles, bagels, cereal,yogurt, juice and coffee. I would definately stay here again !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were in Sacramento for both business and family. This was a great hotel and price couldn't be beat for the location. 1/2 mile from Old Sac, right off I-5, close to the airpot. We will definitely be back, thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family