“Would Stay Again”

Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reno, Nevada
“Would Stay Again”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked this hotel based on previous reviews. We basically needed a place to sleep that was close to the Capitol Building as we were to catch a bus there to bring us to the BottleRock Music festival in Napa. I knew we arrived way too early to check in, but I wanted to know if we could at least park there all day, which we were allowed to do. From the moment I walked into the lobby I felt very welcome. Heiner, at the front desk was very friendly and very helpful. I thought we would be able to walk to the bus stop, but it was too far, so he arranged for the hotel shuttle to drop us off and gave us the card to call when we returned to town. At the last minute I needed to change from one bed to two beds, with a couple of key strokes to the computer, I was set.
When we returned later that night, check in was quick and efficient. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. The location is centralized, easy to get on the freeway and in to Old Town. I am very happy I chose this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Michele89519,

We are always so happy when we exceed our guests expectations. Our staff, as you noted, really care about each interaction with our guests and always try to accommodate needs when we can. We are so glad that we were able to provide you with an excellent stay and hope you enjoyed the Bottlerock Music festival too! We hear it was an awesome event. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed May 10, 2013

In this price range (medium) and location, this works best for me. After staying here over a dozen times in 3 years (at least 40 nights) it is clear that any and all issues brought to the attention of the front desk is ignored. Example: Gym (4 pieces of cardio/2broken), wi-fi is fine as long as you're not on Facebook, you'll get kicked off, hot and cold in shower varies so pay attention to not get burned, ice machine broken 50% of time (asked twice this time to put a sign on machine, you get one guess if it was done), iron broken, keys did not work after unloading and hauling all items to 3rd floor (they never have more then one person at desk so guess who has to get new keys and trust that no one will steal any items while I rush downstairs or haul everything back to car). Front desk person recognizes me as a regular, no 'welcome back' and could care less about any issues. On second thought, a wall might give me more feedback.

7 Thank notintohype
Red Bluff, CA, USA
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We didn't have time for breakfast, however I will say this is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in in a long time. Beautifully appointed rooms, comfy bed and quiet. Loved the decor. A bit out of the way but well worth it for a very fairly priced hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the thrid floor, this could help to account for our room being very quiet.
Dear L G,
Thank you so much for your outstanding review. We try extra hard to provide our guests with the very best stay and value. We are glad you enjoyed your quiet stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I can't understand why the Governors Inn has not upgrade it's toilets. The new toilets are higher - to accommodate older guests - and flush with only 1.5 gallons or less - and they flush more efficiently! Your toilets are water hogs and are too antiquated (low) for older guests. I thought California was so water-conscience!!!! Otherwise, the bed was comfy, the continental breakfast refreshing; the staff superior! It's a great place to stay - convenient to the freeway, and close to downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Manfred L,

Thank you very much for staying with us again. We so much appreciate and value our repeat guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We have recently undergone a major renovation and made many upgrades including the beads and TVs. Although we have yet to address the toilets, that is something that will be talking about and appreciate you mentioning it to us. We look forward to your return visits.
Olympia, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked my stay on Hotwire just looking for a cheap, but clean place to stay in and out of town. It was much better than I expected. I got a good deal on Hotwire and only paid about $65/night. The place was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Not a romantic getaway location, but if you're travelling alone or for business it's just fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Marie O,
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Governors Inn Hotel. We work really hard to keep our hotel in great condition and deliver great value to our guests. Thank you for staying with us.
Aloha, Oregon
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I always stay at the Governor's Inn in Sacramento when traveling to California from my home in Oregon. I stay there at least 4 times a year and am always drawn back. The quality is great, the accomodations are comfortable, atmosphere is wonderful. I stayed there 2 times this past week (going and returning from Portland to LA). I like that you can always count on the accomodations being comfortable, clean and quiet. The rates are good and restaurants are close by. I will stay at no other place in Sacramento.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Barbara B B,
Thank you so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor! We absolutely loved what you had to say and very much value you as a guest of our hotel. You are a wonderful testimony to how hard our staff works to meet and exceed guest expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Sacramento! :)
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We only were spending a night and wanted a suite. I thought their price was a little high given the quality of the room. Upon entering our room the smell was musty and hot and the once we turned on the air we did see a little improvement. This is handy to the freeway and the airport which was helpful. The exterior noise was a small issue. The bedding was very good and was appreciated. The bathroom was clean but very, very small. Overall, OK but not great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear jblck, Thank you staying with us. We always appreciate the feedback because we truly want to provide a wonderful experience for all of our guests. I am especially pleased that you found our location central for your needs and that our beds were well suited for you and your family. As you point out, our staff does work very hard to keep our rooms very clean. Thank you for taking the time to share with your experience.