“Two stars”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Decent but no gem. Seemed more like a two star hotel than a three. Got a good rate on priceline. It was fine for an overnight stop but we will choose a location closer to downtown next time.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank seattlemomof2boys

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I were able to get a great price for this hotel off priceline ($47), so we were already really content with that. I personally wanted it more toward downtown, but for the price and downtown being 1.5 miles away, I wasn't too disappointed. Rooms were clean, bed super comfy, 7 pillows were also a plus, and breakfast was satisfying. I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We booked this hotel to stay at while we visited the state fair and friends who had moved to Sacramento recently. I choose it from a combination of price and Internet reviews. I have to say that I was a little concerned because while the reviews were very positive (I am always aware that they could be made by hotel employees, etc) the low price made me wonder exactly what kind of hotel it was. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! The hotel was extremely attractive inside and out, and as beautifully decorated as it was designed.
Our room was spacious and had a coffee-maker, blow dryer and mini fridge (you can heat leftovers in the breakfast room's microwave). It was absolutely immaculate and the bed was Very comfortable (not like some overused mattresses that we had to use in hotels - you know, the kind I call "hammocks".) The only negative that I can say about it is that having just installed new shower doors in our home we thought that the opening for the bypass style shower doors looked narrow, so we measured it. The opening was a mere 17-1/2" (I was told by my installer that "code" is 22" - which only came up because ours is 21"). I think some people might not even be able to use a shower due with that narrow of an opening.
Other than that we were delighted with the hotel. The huge lobby is both lovely and comfortable. If you forgot to bring your own computer you can surf the Internet off in a corner of the huge lobby. The breakfast room was super clean and had plenty of seating. We saw a nice shaded pool area off the lobby. We never used it but the pool did appear to be a bit on the smaller side.
All things considered I thought this was probably the best value we've ever gotten for such an upscale hotel. If we ever have to go back to Sacramento for any reason, we're definitely staying here!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just off freeway in sketchy neighborhood. Lobby fairly nice, large 80's hotel renovated to what could be called 90's decor. Walls in room are scarred with numerous sheetrock cracks and holes that have been covered with layers uponlayers of paint and texture, typical wham bam renovation. Staff at counter not friendly (think alternative school kids on customer service workshop program). Room smells of something I cant quite put my finger on....it's not fresh paint either. Workstation in room is very small. If your a traveler looking for newer appointments such as flat screen tv, updated decor, professional staff don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jpwhit1
Governors, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Our staff team works very hard to ensure a pleasant stay for each and everyone of our guests. Our recent renovations included a complete makeover of all our guest rooms and lobby area. We also expanded our breakfast room that includes a flat screen TV. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Room was spacious, clean and had a refridgerator, a nice touch. Staff were courteous and friendly. Location was good,close to highway and airport. All that for a very reasonable cost per night. I will recommend it to anyone who appreciates good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review of the Governors Inn Hotel and your kind comments about our courteous and friendly staff. Our staff is trained to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. I am glad you found our hotel to be a good value and our hotel staff helpful. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I were impressed from the beginning when we're checking-in at the front desk. Front desk attendant is professional and courteous. The hotel looks nice and clean. The amenities are great! Gym, complimentary breakfast with a good size breakfast area (both gym and breakfast room have flat screen TV), pool with jacuzzi, free parking and free internet. We couldn't get all that had we stayed in downtown Sacramento's 4* hotels. Yet... this hotel is very... very close to downtown; just one exit away. Highway access is easy, and having a gas station right in front of the hotel is a convenient for us before we headed back home on the road. Oh... last but not least, the room is spacious, clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rump4k

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Governors Inn Hotel. Our Front desk team and housekeeping staff strives to exceed every guest’s expectation from the moment you check in until the time you leave. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Sacramento.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We got a good deal on this hotel through priceline. We thought it was great. Clean, spacious, well-appointed and comfortable. We had no problems at all and the desk staff was helpful. Getting downtown was quick and easy. As for the neighborhood... it gets a little sketchy a few blocks away and the McDonalds adjacent to the hotel doesn't attract the best crowd. But it isn't anywhere near as bad as some would say. Still, like any urban center with free parking (or any place, really) it's best to stay in well-lit areas near the entrance and use due caution. We can't speak to the luggage handling as we manage by ourselves whenever possible.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple