“Perfect in Sacramento” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Guest Suites Sacramento

Guest Suites Sacramento
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sacramento
Guest Suites Sacramento
You added Guest Suites Sacramento to your Saves list
2804 Grasslands Dr, Suite 2814, Sacramento, CA 95833-3512   |
London
“Perfect in Sacramento”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have to admit; this really did look too good to be true and I thought it was a scam; it is anything but. My wife and I recently stayed for eight days at the apartment. Our unit was upstairs (first floor) overlooking the man-made lake through some trees. SactoSteph pretty much described the units to a 'T' so I won't repeat. What you need to be aware of is that they are offering apartments. So, if you need a front desk staff, somebody to wait on you, etc, this would be a wrong fit. But, if you're an independent traveller, they're perfect. Staying for over a week, we were concerned about our waistlines if we ate out for that many meals; we cooked pretty much all of our meals in the apartment, taking advantage of Sacramento's many farmers' markets. One night we even cooked for nine. Although I-5 is only minutes away, you never hear the noise of the freeway; in fact, the only thing we heard were the quacks of the ducks. For those who book this through Expedia, be sure you call the day before and set up a meeting time. My only complaint - which is pretty small - is that they have those horrible plastic lined mattress protectors which make you sweat all night. I took it off and we slept like champs. I've stayed in some very poor hotels in Sacramento; and a few good ones. This is by far the best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Velo_Mitrovich

Business
SacramentoCA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We took an in-city vacation from our home in early August 2011. Well, it felt like a vacation, but we were evicted from our home while our house was under construction.

I needed a place for my two kids, hubby and I to stay for a week. I was not looking forward to a hotel because it was pricey and we'd be sharing a room...taking on food expenses, etc.

THEN, I discovered an apartment complex that I used to live that had short-term rentals. This place is great.

It's a gated, upscale apartment community two exits from downtown Sacramento. Our unit (#106) was ground level and offered our family access to the beautiful pool, feeding the ducks in the "fake lakes" and access to their gym.

It's a true apartment with Granite countertops throughout, a full, stacked washer and dryer, living room with fireplace, two flat screen tvs (one in the LR, one in the master br) and great closet space. There's a private patio as well. The unit is carpeted in an industrial carpet. The bathrooms in basic linoleum. CH&A worked great.

The kitchen was a standard apartment kitchen with a full-size fridge, full-size oven, built-in microwave, coffee maker, rice maker, plus all requisite utensils, plates, cups, and mugs.

During the week we had a daily maid that vacuumed, did dishes and made beds. IMPRESSIVE! The development is very quiet. You're assigned a gate pass and parking spot.

I got a $99/night rate. I thought it was too good to be true and checked it out in person. We LOVED it and will recommend it to family and friends visiting Sacramento. Our only recommendations to owners are to: ) add a few extra sets of dishes and utensils. For a family of four we really ran through items. 2) We never figured out how to use the gate. Fortunately we squeaked in behind other residents. 3) The sheets are rather threadbare. They could stand to upgrade to make the experience entirely perfect.

This would be a great short-term spot for folks relocating too!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SactoSteph
Makawao, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

With not much information to go by, this place looked too good to be true but take my word for it, it's absolutely WONDERFUL!! All the comforts of home plus daily maid service! It's just too bad you can't get accommodations like this everywhere you go! If you're ever in the Sacramento area, you have to give them a try!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank 808country
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

This place is amazing, beautiful grounds, nice helpful office staff. Complete comfortable living like it's your own place. No 5 star hotel can offer this kind of comfort. Parking at our door, a garage, washer and dryer inside the spacious unit, WITH laundry supplies, fully equipped kitchen, wood burning fireplace, two nice patios, quiet, awesome pool and jacuzzi.....I have been referring people since our stay. The best home away from home I've been to in years...and I'm going back again and again!!!!

L. Brown, Tucson, AZ

• Liked — Comfort, location, accomodations
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank ScootiePuff
Visalia, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

I found this place on the internet. I picked it because the one picture they had looked nice and it was very reasonable ($99) a night. It wasn't rated so let me rate it now, two stars. This place is made up of duplexes and although they are full suites they are very plain and old (need updating). The place is gated, so be aware if your are getting in late to take their phone number because no one is there to let you in. They don't tell you this when they e-mail your confirmation. I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• Liked — The place was gated.
  • Disliked — The bed was very uncomfortable.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MarieVisalia
nashville tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2006

This place is primarily intended for extended stay guests, but because there were openings they allowed us to stay for just one nice. the 2-bedroom suites are very large and very nice. it was a wonderful place to stay all around! and $60 cheaper than homewood suites

• Stayed February 2006