All reviewspower innroom was cleancomfort innparking lotgreat place to stayfreewaymaidsratessac
Reviewed November 20, 2017

My daughter and I had planned to arrive in Sacramento by train, rent a car, sightsee for a few days, then drive to Reno. She was delayed enroute and I was a day ahead of her - and I don't drive. I left my luggage checked, spent the day at Old Sacramento, then took the light rail line from the train station to Power Inn and walked about ten minutes to the motel. This was easily do-able and basically flat.

As many reviewers have noted, the motel is basic. There's nothing wrong with basic. My room was clean and comfortable. The a/c worked well - important, since it was 100F outside.

With no vehicle available, I walked to the Wendy's a block south, at Folsom and Howe, for dinner. Other options were available within walking distance to the north, on the other side of the freeway - a couple fast food places and a Denny's.

The motel was very understanding about cancelling one night of my daughter's room reservation on short notice. She did arrive the next day and said her room was fine, as was the pool.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Satish c, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2017

Thank you for your positive review and we are happy that we have contributed positively during your stay with us. Looking forward to your future stay. Thank you.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

So we were on the third day of a road trip and getting really tired of spending money just to sleep for the night. So I cheaped out and we stayed here, even though it was way out of way in East Sacramento. I didn't realize where it was until my companion started navigating me that way and at the point, I just decided to stick with the plan. So we had a bad check in experience. Having just made the booking on our phone, it took 20 minutes for the booking to be received by the hotel. It was late and we were tired so we could have done without that. The rooms were basic and old; the sheets were so worn that the pilling of the fabric had pilling. But it seemed clean enough and did not smell bad. The internet worked well, which was a plus; I have stayed at lots of nice hotels with terrible WIFI. Also, the neighborhood looked not so nice, so they have gated parking which I really appreciated. Wish I'd had that in hotels on my way up to Davis, when my daughter's entire wordly belongings were in the car. In summary, staying here was not a terrible experience, but I can't heartily recommend it. If you get a really low rate, then I would say, go for it.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank pwillard
Gnisac, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

We would like to sincerely apologize for the situation you experienced while being a valued guest of our hotel. The staff and management are constantly striving to provide our guests with quality accommodations and service. It appears we may have fallen short of our normal goals and standards. We assure you your situation was an out of the norm experience during your stay. Rest assured we are striving to make improvements in all areas of the hotel. We do appreciate your comments as they help us to strive in creating a positive experience for our guests and I am grateful for your feedback we have recently received from Good Nite Inn Sacramento page this has enabled us to eliminate an issue that will help us better serve our guests in the future. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope we will have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Bugs on walls. Old dirty sheets.hair on towels.dirty carpet couldn't,tell what color it was almost black with dirt.dried blood outside our door.just another California cheep motel.stay anywhere but here.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Gnisac, Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because business travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Good Nite Inn.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

First thing I noticed was the smell of decay in the room then the ammonia in the bathroom. I checked the bedding finding multiple pubic hairs and stains. Another quick check under the beds and found a lovely large roach. I checked in, got a refund and got outta there all in less than a twenty minutes.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Gnisac, Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Twenty plus years ago, this used to be my hotel of choice when I had to go to Sacramento, which was a lot at the time. Being an older property, of course, it's dated and needs upgrading. I noticed the room just didn't appear cleaned very well when I arrived. I was suspicious of cleanliness and pulled back sheets and saw two hairs in the sheets. I picked up the pillow and found a hair under there as well. I was disgusted and went down to the front desk and she went and got me sheets and handed them to me! I was there because family member was in hospital, so I was too drained to hassle with them and just made the bed myself.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Gnisac, Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

We would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences that might have had during your stay with us. We wish these items were brought to our attention during your stay so they could have been handled in a prompt manner. We can assure all of our future guests that we have put some policies in place to limit if not completely eliminate this issue. Once again we would like to apologize to you for the issues that arose and hope that they would consider us in the future as we are a very active company in taking care of our problems.