“horrible non accommodating”

Good Nite Inn Sacramento
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
“horrible non accommodating”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm actually here at my stay and I can tell you that I've been up since 5am this morning what is no television connection I've called the front desk several of times in regards of the situation it is now 936 a.m. 4 and a half hours later and still no television I've called in after 3 * is there another room that I can you switch to she reply NO and there's nothing that she can do to accommodate me undead standard procedures unfortunately!?!? WTF I could have went to Motel 6 not to mention the rudeness of the other room are highly noisy the rooms are paper thin walls I've been here for 3 nites and not 1 night have I had a easy going stay the people are not considering I heard sexual noises all throughout the night which is fine but when you hear banging of the headboards and screaming as if someone's being hurt throughout the night from a long drive is not acceptable at least I could have gotten a couple percent of my next day but is time to move on at 9:43a.m. March 19th 2013 this place sucks as not to mention I have to bring incense too deep clean out the smell when it's clearly post non smoking throughout the faculty there are cigarette burns on the desk mattresses and headboards which are very noticeable if the management knew what he was doing he can charge an extra 50 dollar deposit make money and keep your phone and cable working not to mention can't make local calls on my have to have a 20 dollar minimum on it wowerz! checking out

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank woolee1
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences that might have had during your stay with us. We wish these items were brought to our attention at check in or during your stay so they could have been handled in a prompt manor. We are available 24 hours a day to my staff and for all the guests if needed either in person or by phone. We can assure all of our future guests that we have put some policies in place to limit if not completely eliminate this issue. Once again we would like to apologize to you for the issues that arose and hope that they would consider us in the future as we are a very active company in taking care of our problems.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've had Good Luck at other Good Nite Inns in the past -- clean, bright rooms and a friendly feeling -- so I was surprised when I arrived at this one. Besides the white glop and Q-Tips on the entrance walk (which, I realize, might have been there only a short time), the check-in process was tedious. I was given a parking pass to fill out and put on my car's dashboard... I asked the clerk if the parking lot is especially popular; she smiled and said yes. Then there were six or eight places on forms to initial or sign and agree to, including a long list of House Rules. (I felt like I was checking into a hotel in a bad part of town, where many of the guests might have to be threatened with prosecution to behave themselves.)

My room was on the third floor. The elevator floor had a cockeyed carpet with dirt around the edges of the plywood floor. (See photo.) As I opened the room door, I was hit by a blast of chemical-type smell that reminded me of a room with new carpet and padding -- but the crpet was worn. (I aired out the room by opening and closing the room door, over and over again, for five or ten minutes. That made the smell bearable.) Luckily :-(, the housekeeper (or the previous guest?) had left a trial-size package of "Breathe Easy" nasal strips next to the (mineral-stained) washbasin. (See photo.) The fridge wobbled. It, and the microwave on top, were close to the door -- because, I realized later, the microwave's power cord was too short to strecth to the electric outlet otherwise. The microwave was perched over one edge of the refrigerator. (See photo.)

The king-sized bed was spongy; the two headboard pieces were too wide for the bed, tilted and dusty on top.

My overall impression was of careless maintenance and housekeeping. (Come on, Good Nite Inn, it doesn't cost that much to clean the elevator floor or add a short extension cord so the microwave can sit neatly on top of the refrigerator.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for bringing to our attention about maintenance and housekeeping and walkways. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and assure you that this problem has been addressed with our staff. We credit our success in the Lodging industry to providing good service and accommodations at affordable prices. We thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards. We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality. You are indeed a valued customer to us. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The plusses: Run by honest, decent people, and very bargain priced. It was also in a fairly safe area, the room was clean albeit basic. It was a bit loud, although could have just been the people I stayed next to. Overall you get what you pay for: in this case it's a decent value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rockymtn9
Thank you for your positive feedback! We are delighted to hear that you always enjoy your visits at our Inn and our friendly service. We appreciate your favorable comments on our associates, and we am privileged to be working with such a great team. We value the relationships we have developed with our customers and the repeat and referral business which we depend on. We look forward to welcoming you back to Good Nite Inn Sacramento
Chico
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I use Good Nite Inn Sacramento weekly for my work and experience respect, friendliness and professional behavior by all the staff from reception to housekeeping. Communication is easy with them. I feel safe here and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 867Lois
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stay here monthly. Front desk employees and managment are always friendly. Housekeepers are nice and do a good job. Hotel is well maintained and in a nice area. I recommened this hotel to anyone passing through who wants to stay in a clean, safe, hotel for the night or week.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Ladyallen
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Please accept our sincere thanks for your recent correspondence regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel. We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome. We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.
Roseville, California
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I came to the hotel two hours before check-in time since I didn't have anywhere else to go. I left home and ate lunch early, so I showed up sooner than I should have. However, the clerk was very accommodating and allowed me to check in prior to the check-in time. I thought the location was ideal for the activity I was attending that evening. The room was clean and comfortable and sure enough, I had a "Good Nite's" sleep. Thanks, Good Nite Inn Sacramento.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marc A
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had a reservation and when I got there the lady at the front was quick and very helpful. I got exactly what I asked for and it was a decent room. But when I got to the room it hadn't been cleaned yet. I had to get in the room and get ready to leave again immediatly and the staff helped me out and got the room cleaned right then. And they let me get extra towels after 11 pm when I got back from work.
Very nice staff. Quick, efficent, & friendly service.
Small room with a small bathroom but super clean! And on the backside it's really quite and the parking is close.
And the beds were sooo comfortable!! Slept better than at home!
I'll definatly be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank elms84
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, January 29, 2013