“Great place for our needs”

Good Nite Inn Sacramento
Ranked #33 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great service and a nice room. Everything was clean and the property looked good. We had a queen room on the 3rd floor. There is an elevator which was great. No breakfast, but for the price and location to the freeway, it was the best deal of a 2 week trip. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kippeppi
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Please accept our sincere thanks for your recent correspondence regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel. We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome. We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I arrived at 1am and there was a smashed up car outside reception so a bit intimidating. Also I got the impression there are permanent residents at the hotel who would maybe be homeless otherwise.

That said I wasn't terrified, just a bit nervous. My room smelled as though the previous resident had been smoking all night, even though I had asked for non smoking.

Nevertheless the bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean too.

In the night my room actually shook and also there was banging on my floor from the room below. No idea what was going on there.

The staff were nice but at night they are behind a safety window.

I'd stay here again if I was travelling on a budget with my boyfriend but would avoid going back alone.

Room Tip: Don't arrive late at night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank smukketravel
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found our service to be efficient though we are very sorry to hear of the areas where we fell short. We pride ourselves in providing a consistently clean and well maintained accommodation. Your feedback will be put to good use towards that end. We are sorry to hear that this did not meet your expectations. We hope we’ll have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Excellent service and very good place, very good prices very pretty place the only thing there were not towels but went to front desk and they helped and they were very helpful. this is my second time i stay there and both times were excellent. If I every return to Sacramento which I doubt that hotels will be the one I will stay in. Loved it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank velma n
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for completing the online review. We truly appreciate your feedback and kind remarks. We are constantly striving to deliver a high level of customer service and are extremely happy to hear that you experienced just that! We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. Again, thank you for your time and for staying with us!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Staff were friendly and helpful. Very nice at an affordable rate. I don't have any complaints, my husband would have liked more channels on the TV. But since I'm not much of a TV watcher, it didn't bother me a bit! Compared to the other choices you have for motels in the same price range this one tops them all! It only takes a few minutes to get to nearby hospitals!They have a clean pool and an elevator, too, which is rare with such value! I will stay again if the need arises!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dana R
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience. We are pleased that we were able to WOW you! We look forwarded to your next visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have now stayed several times at this motel. For the price it is ideal. We only want a comfortable bed and a clean bath as we are out the entire day and return around 9 or 10 at night. I have also stayed at the Comfort Inn next door. If I am going to spend alot of time in the room..there the rooms are outfitted more and you do get breakfast and a newspaper. You also pay $50 extra for that. The Hyatt is also wonderful downtown and that is about $170 a night. Adds up over two or three nights..especially if you are in the room only to sleep. So far I have found Good Nite Inn to be just fine..and will be back. I agree with another reviewer..this is a solid basic place to stay, not a resort. I appreciate having choices to suit different situations. I hope the rooms stay as clean and functional as I have found them in the past and I will certainly continue to return.

Room Tip: I like first floor rooms for ease of in and out..
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank chicagogw
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting UC Davis. I see the references to sketchy people in other reviews...what an understatement! There was definitely questionable activity going on creating an unsafe environment. The room smelled horrible even though it was non smoking. The front desk clerk barely spoke English. We were there one hour before realizing we did not feel safe staying over night. Of course, they would not allow a refund for either of the two nights we had booked through SW Airlines/Travelocity but even being out the money didn't matter. We couldn't get out of there fast enough!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank lbarboza
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

We would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences that might have had during your stay with us. We wish these items were brought to our attention at check in ,during your stay or during your check out so they could have been handled in a prompt manor. We are available 24 hours a day to my staff and for all the guests if needed either in person or by phone. We can assure all of our future guests that we have put some policies in place to limit if not completely eliminate this issue. Once again we would like to apologize to you for the issues that arose and hope that they would consider us in the future as we are a very active company in taking care of our problems.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This place was horrible. I have never stayed in such a rat hole. The first night there I found a childrens book tucked in between the sheets and blankets of one of the beds. When I brought it to the attention of the front desk, I received the response of Our cleaning staff always does a great job. Well apparently not. I wrote an email upon returning home. The manager responded with We are aware of problems and we are working on fixing them. No apologies, No we want to make this right. Nada. This place and the staff suck.
Also I just received a letter in the mail that all of my information was stolen, during a breakin. What the hell?? There is supposed to be a front desk person there 24 hrs a day?? something doesnt sound right about this. It has also taken them a month to send out the letter about My information being stolen. Great job Good Nite inn. Buyer beware. This place is cheap, but you most definitively get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bart A
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because business travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Good Nite Inn