“Great location, staff, and nicely updated”

Quality Inn Downtown
Ranked #47 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel while visiting family. We loved the location being downtown, just minutes from the Capital, Old Sacramento, the Train Museum, and so much more. We arrived late at night and the desk clerk was real friendly and welcoming. The rooms were beautiful and have just been renovated. Don't judge the book by its cover on this one, from the outside it looks like an old exterior corridor hotel. When we got here we could see that the hotel has been renovated from the lobby, the rooms, to the exterior painting. We enjoyed the hot breakfast, the clean rooms, the comfy beds, and our stay. We will certainly stay here again while visiting our family in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed December 10, 2013

France's, the manager on duty was awesome, so nice. My room was clean and quiet, and my bed was very comfortable. However, the room had an overpowering smell of Febreeze or some kind of deodorizer that was a non-stop recipe for headaches.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We are a family of five, so we had two rooms. Blankets were limited, but the heaters did a good job of keeping us comfortable. Only one of the rooms had a thermostat controlled heater, so that room's temperature was, of course, more comfortable. The rooms looked and smelled clean and the updates are very nice. In room refrigerators, microwaves, extra outlets, and coffee pots all made it much easier on our family.

The light in the bathroom went out the first night and they fixed it the next morning. The front desk was extremely helpful and efficient.

Breakfast foods were the same each morning, food was adequate, not exceptional.

Location was very convenient to the convention center a very short walk. It is within walking distance of several places to eat, but I will note that this is not a very nice area, we always walked in a group after dark.

Parking is free and extremely well-lit.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here based upon the glowing reviews but I failed to realize that not all the rooms are yet renovated. Mine was not. The demolition had begun, missing base boards, paintings, torn wall paper, cracked walls, etc. Everything worked alright but it was the saddest room I've had in recent memory. Check at the desk to see if you can get a renovated room. I'm sure they are quite nice.
Also, this property uses Dish TV. If you are unfamiliar with their service, be careful which buttons you press on the remote. The channel listings were not available, so just start with channel 3 and hit "channel up" to see what's available.
My one night was alright and I'll stay again when I hear that renovations are complete.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were happily surprised that this older hotel had very upscale accommodations--granite bathrooms, crown molding and beautiful paint job in the bedroom, extremely comfortable bed. At the complimentary continental breakfast, we enjoyed the addition of sausages and potato patties. Within several blocks there is a variety of restaurants including Subway, Thai, Italian, and Japanese. What clinched our decision to use this hotel for future business trips is the outstanding staff-- the desk staff, maintenance people, and housekeeping were all exceptionally efficient, pleasant, and just so nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I promised the manager a good review, and here it is...Check in was hassle free and they provided a receipt with internet passwords on it, so there was no confusion about tapping into the WIFI. Room was modern and clean.The bathroom had been renovated/updated with granite tile and new fixtures. I slept great, as the bed was comfortable and the property was quiet and secure. Breakfast area was clean, and food was as expected, waffle maker, danish, juice, but also had sausage and hash browns. I saw boiled egg, cereal, yogurt. Mostly, the breakfast bar was well-stocked, even as we popped in toward the end of the designated breakfast time. Coffee was not as strong as I like, but overall, I was pleased with the meal. All the staff we spoke with were friendly, and made us feel welcome. The hotel was just a few minutes drive from the Ace of Spades concert venue. I will definitely stay here next time I am going to a show in downtown Sacto. Great room at an affordable price.Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eddie M
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days starting July 30 2013 while visiting the Sacramento Convention Center. I stay in hotels 300+ nights yearly. This hotel will be the ONLY choice for me in the future when my travels bring me to Sacramento. My room was clean and very fresh. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure was great and plentiful. Breakfast started at 7 and was hot and fresh. NOTE......... this hotel is downtown......... there are security doors to limit access to guest rooms. Dont be put off by that, its for safety and it works. I dont have a single complaint. Overall a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business