1,734 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies arden mall across the street large hotel state fair parking fee cal expo business trip bed was comfortable conference banquet california freeway sac
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

This is an old facility in desperate need of renovating. The hallways are dark and dingy. The rooms are worse. I encountered a homeless person camped out on the (sprawling) hotel grounds walking to my room. The room was dark. The furniture was dark, old and beat up where the dresser and night stand drawers were all open because they wouldn't stay closed. There was mold on the ceiling above the shower, the bathroom sink was unusable because it was clogged up and would not drain. The cold water tap only produced hot water for some reason. I would rate this hotel a 1 except that he lobby was fairly nice and personnel at the check-in desk were friendly and helpful. The restaurant was also nice. I wouldn't stay here again until it undergoes a major renovation.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
JorgeC7253, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello skidudedw,

Thank you for completing our survey about your recent stay at The DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento. It was a pleasure having you with us. I did read in your survey that you felt the property was outdated. I have some great news to share. It is my pleasure to let you know that our hotel property will be undergoing a large-scale remodel to be getting underway in the very near future.

We hope you will be able to come back and visit us to experience the fresh face of the DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento. We are all very excited to be able to share these updates with our guest. Please know that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team and thank you for taking the time out to complete our survey.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

This hotel is in dire need of a remodel and deep cleaning. The room I stayed in was dirty. The room they moved me to was not much better. Housekeeping does not bother to clean the floors in the bathrooms as I had multiple pieces of black hair on the floor and a missing picture, soap holder and a soap holder that was falling off the wall in the shower. I would not and will not stay here again until the remodel and deep clean this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello mwmjam,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Sacramento. We received your survey regarding your guest room. I wanted to extend my apologies, as I was concerned to see that you had issues with your stay and with the cleanliness of your guest room. It is also my pleasure to let you know that our hotel property will be undergoing a large scale remodel to be getting underway in the very near future. I have shared your survey with our entire team so that we may learn and improve.

If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced and we hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

This Doubletree is enormous, which makes it good and bad. The good is that there is tons of parking and the hotel (once you're in your wing of it) does not feel so large. Once you know where to park, the hotel feels quite more manageable.

The bad is that the hotel is incredibly difficult to navigate until you get your bearings, which makes a one night stay more difficult than it should be. I was in the El Camino wing, which is easily a 5 minute walk from the check in desk, bar, restaurant, and coffee shop. The front desk clerk clearly would give everyone a map to help them go towards their room. The hotel, with hundreds of rooms, only had a tiny fitness center that was full almost the entire time.

The hotel room was standard Doubletree, although it clearly had not been renovated in a while. Most of the furniture in my room had been dinged and seen better days, especially the office chair, which made using the desk largely impossible. The room was a decent size and the bathroom had lots of space to spread everything out. The hotel style had lots of different shades of brown, which gives it a 1970s feel.

It was a serviceable hotel for a one night stay, but I would probably look elsewhere for a Hilton brand hotel in Sacramento.

Room tip: Ask for a room in a wing close to the lobby

Hello sjm02446,

Thank you for completing your review about your recent stay at The DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento. It was a pleasure having you with us. I did read in your survey that you felt the property was outdated. I have some great news to share. It is my pleasure to let you know that our hotel property will be undergoing a large-scale remodel to be getting underway in the very near future. If you plan to visit the Sacramento area in the fall of 2020, please send me an email and I will be happy to assign your reservation to one of our newly renovated accommodations.

We hope you will be able to come back and visit us to experience the fresh face of the DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento. We are all very excited to be able to share these updates with our valued guests. Please know that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team and thank you for taking the time out to complete our review.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a family road trip for one night. The check in was fast. The service personnel are very warm and friendly, and they even sent me a text message to check in on our satisfaction with our two rooms. The facility is old but in good condition. It’s close to a mall, lots of restaurants and a movie theater. It ended up being a perfect location for us. Not to mention they were very generous with their famous Doubletree cookies!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Excursion46957012732, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2020

Thank you for completing your survey about your recent stay at The DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking time out to let us know how we're doing.

We are also grateful for your comments you left about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We count on our feedback from our guests in order to provide exceptional service for years to come. Please know that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team.We look forward to your next visit to Sacramento!

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Bed was super comfy, room service food was great, staff was very friendly, got a quick response and fix when heater needed to be adjusted when I arrived and it was nice and quiet. I was hesitant to stay here based on reviews online but had a two day conference here. I made the right choice. Stayed in the Cal Expo wing on the top floor. The carpets and doors are a little dated, and the rooms are a little dark but everything works well. They do have blackout curtains which is nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Excursion46957012732, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2020

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Sacramento. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your positive rating and for taking time to let us know how we're doing. Please know that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team and hope you return in the not too distant future.