“Nice spot, nice folks, good stay...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Thought I'd post a positive review, some of the ones here might give you the wrong opinion... I had a trade show here in town this week, stayed here 4 nights. Ate here at the hotel for breakfast daily, dinner one night and drinks/ appetizers one night with some colleagues, all great. Service in the bar was on the slow side, but other than that every encounter with a staff member was pleasant. Breakfast was done well with some creative items on the menu. Bed VERY comfortable, updated furnishings and nice decor in the room.

Pet friendly, we had our two miniature dachshunds with us and there are lots of places to take them for walks, the pet charge was $50 for the stay. Only beef I had was that I'd called to say we'd be in very late the first night and had to wait 15 minutes at 3 am for the system to come back up... I'd hoped the person I spoke with would have had it printed up.

Internet access is pricey, I'm a Hilton Diamond member, so no charge for me, but I agree, it's common for most mid range hotels these days to allow access at no charge. That's the worst I can say though; all in all, a nice week in a nice spot.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
dunebuggyfun, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2010

Thank-you for your response and choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento! We like to hear the positive feedback too! We would like to thank-you for letting us know about the bar staff and we are looking into the internet pricing. We look forward to your next stay with us, so we can beat your expectations again! Thank-you again for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento!

Reviewed December 28, 2009

This is a nice hotel, especially for the price I got via a bidding website. If i would have had to pay full price, I do not think I would have reviewed it a highly. No fridge, no microwave, and we were disappointed no in-room wireless internet. There was a $10/day fee for a connection. it was very quiet, but it was over the Christmas holiday and there weren't many guests. Very good location to freeway and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento! We take into consideration the price of our internet on a daily basis, unfortunatley we are held to a corporate standard. We do offer a number of packages, that include internet access wit the room rate. When reserving our hotel next time, please ask the reservation agent to help you find these packages. Thank-you again for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento!

Reviewed December 3, 2009

When I checked in at 9pm I found the smoke detector in the room was beeping. I called the front desk and asked for a new room. Was told that they would not accommodate my request and that they would send an engineer to the room. After 20 minutes I took my bags to the front desk, told them I'd be sitting in the chair in front of them and asked that they inform me when the smoke detector had been fixed (9:20 pm at this point). Forty minutes later (10pm) I approached the desk and asked if the detector had been fixed yet. The woman called the engineer and was told that he'd called the other woman at the desk 30 minutes before to let her know it had been taken care of. As far as I'm concerned this was completely unacceptable. Will not stay at this hotel again, and will think twice about a Double Tree. I travel A LOT. Have never experienced this level of disregard here or internationally.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Thank-you for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento! We missed an opportunity to WOW you, so we thank-you brining this to our attention. We will take this to our Front Desk team and your this situation as a training item and We look forward to your next visit, so we can beat your expectations. Thank-you again!

Reviewed November 25, 2009

I have reserved a couple of rooms for my friends and I for the upcoming weekend, and I am already regretting it. As per instructions after booking the rooms online I called the hotel to confirm the number of beds...as I was needing two rooms, each one with double beds. It seemed to me like a simple ordeal, but the clerk on the other end was rude and wasn't very helpful, as he was telling me that he couldn't hear me... though I could hear that it was extremely loud in the background like club music or something on his end of the line. He told me to call back and hung up on me. Very unprofessional. Didn't sound to me like a nice quiet place to stay at, especially since it is only a wed night and not even the week end yet. I am not feeling very confident that i will arrive on friday and get exactly what I've reserved. Is it not important to have well mannered, knowledgeable staff answering phones, since they may be the first person a guest may interact with at a hotel? Hope they will be more impressive when I do get there. I only rated it 1 star because I have not checked in yet. Perhaps I will change my mind after after the week end.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
dunebuggyfun, manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2009

We apologize for your first impression of our hotel! The priority of our staff is make you feel welcome and appreciated; clearly we missed an opportunity to WOW you! We are embarrassed that your first impression made you want to write this review. We would like to know how your stay went, so that we can follow-up on any other concerns. Thank-you again for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento!

Reviewed September 25, 2009

My vehicle was broken into and items stolen just outside the portico to the right of the entrance. I was close so I did not think there would be a problem…boy was I wrong. It amazed me that the employee was not even surprised and just went about the business of gathering his report information. He informed me that the Sacramento Police Department is understaffed, do not treat car break-ins as a priority and to call them is useless. You must file your report online. I have used this hotel for presentations, seminars and meetings in the past, but now I will think twice before using them again. I will also make sure I warn my travel industry partners before they think of using this hotel for their functions. The room price is usually good, but not when you have to replace everything in your car. It seems that lately the hotel is a target for the criminal element, as they have learned that the Doubletree Hotel Sacramento takes little interest in stopping their productivity.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Just perfect! Great place to stay and no drawbacks. Enjoyed.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Stayed 3 nights for a convention in midst of cross country trip. Before even checking in I was concerned about this hotel. I was meeting people out there for a yearly convention . Called another guest who had arrived the day before I was scheduled to and got some disturbing news. The organizer upon checking in had nobody to help her unload her car for an event that was planned well in advance (years). While unloading on a trip to her room her car was broken into. All convention attendees info ( credit cards etc.) was stolen. This was a great inconvenience and worry for all 300 plus of us. What kind of hotel is this? At check in I asked clerk straight out if I needed to worry about my car in their lot. I was told that it did indeed happen a bit and that hotel had no security or cameras in lot. For what this hotel charges per night I don't think it would kill them to hire a couple of guards or install some video so guests feel safe. All that being said this hotel is clean quiet and well maintained. The public areas are pretty and staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds are nice with a large pool and lovely gardens with a stream and ducks. The property is sprawling so be ready to do some walking to and from your room though. Okay place to stay if you are not driving or have a rental. would recommend but with some warnings.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank highwaybound40
dunebuggyfun, owner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2009

Thank-you for your response! The Doubletree Hotel Sacramento did house the convention, however the incident did not happen here. After further investigation, the incident in question actually took place at a competitor hotel located accros the street. The Doubletree Hotel Sacramento takes the security of guests, guest’s property and safety of our employees very seriously and investigates all reported situations. We have a security team onsite that monitors and patrols the entire property, though we can’t be everywhere at all times, we strive to do our best. We apologize for this occurrence and hope that it doesn’t deter you from choosing our location in the future. We would like to take this opportunity to Thank-you for choosing the Doubletree Hotel Sacramento and look forward to beating your expectations next year!