“Bring your team here!”

Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Northern California
“Bring your team here!”
Reviewed August 21, 2008

I agree with other reviewers, this property is huge and can be confusing. We also had a minor problem with our first room (internet dead zone) and had to schlep our luggage to another room in another wing. However! : ) We absolutely loved this place. We've had to stay in Sacramento on average two or three times a year for the past several years traveling with our son's soccer team. We've stayed in lots of different places that were all basically the same, clean but with small rooms and free bagels for breakfast. We strayed from our team this last trip because we had to bring our dog with us and we learned that the Doubletree allows pets. You will not get me into another Holiday Inn Exp or Fairfield Inn for the sake of a free bagel in Sacramento. Our room was large, clean, well stocked and the beds (two queens, not doubles) were heaven. The pool is very big, as is the surrounding area. Because the property is so large, it's a great place for groups and teams. Plenty of space and room to stay out of other peoples way. Can you believe that some people find it hard to appreciate the natural ebullience of a large group of teenage boys? Sad but true. Actually, I think it's the parents who don't chaperone well that they don't appreciate. One last comment, the problems we did have were met with a smile and desire to please from the staff. And the food here is great!

• Liked — Large, comfy room.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hungarian first
North Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Our room was big and clean and stocked and convenient and easy to find considering there was a plaque on the door saying what rooms were on what floor if you entered from the outside which we did. The place is huge Many wings. 6 I think. But they are well labeled and logical. No-brainer. I never used the elevator. Stairs were easy enough. Pool was cold but well-stocked with towels, chairs, sun and shade. No trash to be seen anywhere. The workout room was FANTASTIC. GREAT variety and new equipment for such a small space. They had lots of headphones, water, wipes, tv's, towels, sunlight, etc. Super. The staff were all nice and helpful. Cookies were DEEElicious. Free wi-fi in the lobby with comfy chairs. Ice-maker was close and well-used by us trying to ice-down drinks in the bucket (no frig). Plenty of hot water for long multiple showers. Minimal noise (but if there were noise, that's the other guests rudeness, not hotel's fault in my opinion!) Plenty of parking all around each wing so you don't have to walk the huge property. Checkout a breeze. Good coffee setup in room (no pot-makes one cup directly in the cup). We brought a twin-size Aerobed for our kid and the maid even made it up each day. Comfy beds, extra pillows, good heat/air. Yes, the carpet in the hallways connecting the wings is dirty and/or faded. I didn't care! Super location!! The mall is great too! Just great. I can't complain. I'd stay there again. Might not pay $160+ (I paid $50!) but hey - WELL worth what I paid and then some!!! Highly recommend.

• Liked — Most everything!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank KindredSpirit07
San Jose
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Pricelined this hotel for about $50. So it was about $64 total including taxes. For this price, the hotel is not that bad. The rooms were a little older including the AC system, but everything seemed nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. For the above price. i think that this hotel is actually pretty good.

• Stayed August 2008
Mt. Shasta, Ca USA
Reviewed August 9, 2008

I always wanted to stay at this hotel because it is directly across the street from the fabulous Arden Mall. The opportunity arose on Thursday night because we had to be in Sacramento for a gathering of friends. I called the front desk, did an online search and the best rate for a AAA guest I got was $162. with tax it came up to $183.

We recently stayed in a 5 Star hotel in Vegas for that price.

This hotel is HUGE. I ran into lost upset and disgruntled travelers at every turn, hauling luggage up the maze of corridors with names like El Dorado. With a different elevator in each. The clerk said to go to Floor 3 for a room # 656. We did. Wrong level, for #656 we go to Floor 2! back down we go, with another lost traveler in the elevator.
We find the room, I go to the toilet, NO TOILET PAPER. I mean NONE. Hubby brings me kleenex.

I call the desk, there were other problems with the room,
walk a mile back to the front desk, get another room this time on Floor 3 with #700's.

URG... at 4:30 AM someone in the hall comes in slamming the door 3 times loud enough to wake us up.

This hotel SUCKS. We should of saved $80. and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and had a nicer room.

• Liked — across from Arden Mall
  • Disliked — Overpriced
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladybear

Travelers are raving about these Sacramento hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 30, 2008

This was our first stop on a driving trip from Los Angeles to Vancouver. The DoubleTree is a 'business' hotel - impersonal but well run, efficient and clean - a huge property designed for events and conventions. For our purposes it was precisely what we were looking for - a safe clean property. Proximity to restaurants and shops was not a factor for us since we had a car and could travel to eat/shop. It is a concern if you need to get places. Close to the freeway with loads of parking - a pleasant stay overall and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2008
2 Thank ZachariahBullfrog
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2008

I stayed at this Doubletree attending a sales training seminar. The staff overall was friendly from start to finish, from front desk to restaurant to banquets to housekeeping.

The overall feel of the property is that of a "convention type" hotel with massive meeting space and sprawling guest rooms. But, when it comes down to the product, the Doubletree gets it right. My room was very clean, recently renovated, and had all of the comfort amenities, right down to the suite dreams bed.

I would definitely stay at this Doubletree again on my next visit to Sacramento.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank H00fhearted
LOS ANGELES,CA
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We stayed at the Double Tree for a conference and decide to check out RJ Grins inside the hotel. I was very disappointed in the DJ playing on Saturday July 19th, His music "SUCKED" horrible. We asked that he play some old school and he said he would , he played two and continued to play that nasty rap noise with bad words and sex lerics,just plain terrible. I was very disappointed . The club was recommended by a friend that used to go there.When I told him how the music is now ,he was also disappointed , because he wanted me to have a good time there as far as dancing. I don't recommend the club to any one unless, you like the noise rap music that has no rythme just noise,than by all means go.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business