“Confirm smoking status of your room!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
Ranked #16 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Eureka, California
“Confirm smoking status of your room!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Check-in staff was very friendly. The warm chocolate chip cookie offered at check-in was a nice welcome. My room was quite large and had a sliding door that opened onto a balcony. The issue I had is that I wasn't so sure my coworker and I were in non-smoking rooms. For about 15 min one evening I was smelling cigarette smoke, and my colleague found a pack of cigarettes in her room, as well as two dirty socks! The location is very good, close to lots of shopping.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear dr-mary-bw,

Thank you very much for your survey. I am very sorry to see that our staff was friendly and you enjoyed the cookie received during the check in process. I did see however your comments regarding the items found in the room. Please know that I personally followed up with the housekeeping team to ensure that they take the appropriate actions to eliminate this from happening in the future. Also, the hotel is a non smoking hotel but unfortunately there are situations in which guests are smoking, violating the hotel policy. We are charging $250 non smoking fee in these cases.

I trust that this experience will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hungarian first
Napa, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Reservations were a hassel. They had me booked in different rooms for each night. They did fix it when I checked in at the front counter. Everything else went well. Everyone there was helpful and curtious and the desk clerk was knowledgeable of the surrounding area which he helped me locate a place to get over the counter meds at 11pm.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Benjamin Q,

Thank you very much for the four stars survey. I am sorry to hear that you encountered some inconveniences during the reservation process but I am happy to see that our staff corrected the situation during the check in process. Please know that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team.

Have a great weekend and we hope to see you again soon.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I attend out of town meetings for my work several times/year. I haven't been a happy customer for the most part of the year because every time I take a shower in one of the hotels, the shower drain always gets plugged and I'm bathing in ankle-deep water! Yuck! I am SO HAPPY that didn't happen at my stay at the Double Tree Hotel in Sacramento last week! First time every this year I didn't have to call maintenance! Yay for Double Tree for keep their plumbing in working order! Thanks!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Myla A,

Thank you very much for your survey. I am glad to see that you had a great experience while staying with us and that you did not encountered any of the inconveniences you have been through, while staying at other properties. It is nice to see that the hard work that our staff is doing pays off. Next time when you would like to have an enjoyable stay, come back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento. We will be delighted to have you.

Pleasant Hill, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Staff throughout the facility were friendly, helpful, & welcoming. Food from the restaurant & at our event was wonderful. All locations were clean, with one exception. The closet in my room (2120) had a strong mildew smell that I did not notice until my 2nd night. Last, I could not set the shower head to avoid random spray; just a mild irritant.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business. I am very sorry to learn that room 2120 had a strong mildew smell and that the shower head was not easy to operate. Thank you for pointing out shortfalls, we will immediately review these and get to work. I am glad to see that you found our staff to be welcoming, helpful and friendly. Please know that I will share your comments with the rest of the team.

Thanks and come back soon!

Nalcrest, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

over the years we've stayed here at the double tree many times. for the most part we enjoy our stay, that said...the layout is weird & parking is not really close to your room. plus the hotel now charges $8 per night to park! we booked a room with a king bed & got 2 full size. a fridge in the room would be really nice. would we stay here again, probably...the location is good for our needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear k h,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your travels to Sacramento in the past years. Please know that your comments are valued and will be followed up upon.

I am hoping that this experience will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I am traveling for business and the Doubletree Sacramento was my 5th hotel visited during my stay. This was the worst of all of them. I pulled my sheets back after a long day of traveling and there were little black hairs EVERYWHERE. Now I can forgive one but not several. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone from housekeeping up. Over 20 minutes later someone finally comes to change my sheets while I awkwardly sit here typing this review. Do not recommend. Will not be staying here in the future. Grossed out.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Nener143,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Sacramento. I have to say that I am embarrassed to see the condition of the room you occupied. Please know that I will personally follow up with our Housekeeping department and will take the necessary actionist ensure that this will not happen in the future.

Director of Rooms

Travelers are raving about these Sacramento hotels

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Chose Double tree due to location near hospital where wife was having surgery. Easy access to restaurants and shopping at mall. Room was nicely appointed, quiet in spite of nearby freeway. Parking was safe but at a cost.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Steve,

Thank you for the four star review posted on TripAdvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to serve you and we are thrilled to have been your host hotel.

Thanks and come back soon!