“Fair stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My sister, dad, and I came up to Sacramento for a wedding and decided to stay here because of the location. It wasn't too far from where the reception and right across the street from the mall. We checked in early so our room wasn't ready yet but they gave us a temporary key that gave us access to the pool and fitness center if we wanted to kill time there. We were also given their signature warm chocolate chip cookie, I thought it was way too sweet.

We decided to kill time at the mall across the street. They gave us a phone call an hour later to let us know our room was ready. Our room was a good size, plenty of walking space that we're not bumping into each other. We had no issue with cleanliness in the room, it was just fine. When we were ready to check out all I had to do was pick up the phone and that was it.

The only weird thing about the hotel was the layout and we got a little lost trying to get to the fitness center. Also our room was on the complete opposite side of the pool and fitness center. If you want to be closer to these amenities, make a note of it to the fron desk when checking in. Show owner comment »

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear lamb1028,

Thank you very much for your survey. Based on your feedback, it seems like overall you had as good experience, beside the fact that the property is spread out and that your room was away from the pool and fitness center. Unfortunately, some thing are out of our control (e.g. lay out of the property), but I am happy to see that the things our can control such as room cleanliness, finding you a room as soon as possible for an early check in, giving you temporary key to use the fitness center and business center while we are getting the room ready for you.

Pleased now that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very accomodating, clean, comfortable room. Beds/pillows were clean and offered a sound sleeping experience. Breakfast buffet solid quality with good choices. Quiet and plenty of parking with direct access to room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Mark D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent business trip to Sacramento. It seems like you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just returned from a week's visit to my old hometown and stayed at the Doubletree on Arden Way. What a pleasant surprise. I had read numerous reviews indicating this was a pretty mediocre hotel and almost booked at another Hilton close by. Then common sense ruled and I booked here mainly on price. The whole experience was top notch. Check in was very professional and quick by Ron. He did what he could to find an upgrade as a number of professional groups had large bookings. Very large and spacious room on the 3rd floor near the end of a wing was provided. The room was twice as big as the one nighter I spent at a competitor in Orlando the day before...for less money. All the amenities that most hotels provide were there. The usual bath accessories, great flat screen tv, balcony, although a small table and chairs out there would have been quite nice. One of the two double beds provided me with 5 nights of very restful sleep. Very comfortable.
I chose the daily breakfast buffet over the hotel points and do think I got a bargain. Fresh strawberries and raspberries everyday along with other fruits, bagels, muffins as well as hot foods which changed each day. Coffee, juice and milk were also included. Copies of the USA Today and WSJ were provided at the counter each morning. In the afternoon a small bar opened near the buffet while a full service bar opened in the evening and had a very nice variety of micros and specialty beers on tap with many TV's. There was two different occasions, once at the bar and the other at the buffet where I was more or less ignored forcing me to speak up. The breakfast waitress only came to my table when I called her and then she forgot my order of toast. The nachos at the bar took me an hour to get. Minor details but those types of things shouldn't happen.
The manager met me at check-out and quickly had me on my way without going to the front desk personnel.
If I was to return to Sacramento and needed a hotel this one would be on the top of my list. It's not what I would consider a resort type of hotel but a great bargain and really close to a lot of the top sites in the area, Old Sac, ARCO (ooops...Sleep Train) Arena, the rivers, etc. A very stylish Arden Fair Mall was directly across the street. A number of very good restaurants nearby. The airport only 15-20 minutes by car.
In short everyone of the staff I was in contact with was very positive, cordial and professional. My hats off to all of them. This is a very nice and comfortable hotel at a very good price.

Room Tip: Can't really speak for the rest of the hotel but the top floor towards the end of a wing was ver...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Crtk,

Thank you very much for the detailed review. I am thrilled to see that you had such a great experience while staying with us. Please know that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team and Ron, along with the rest of the staff will be recognized for the service provided.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

After reading reviews on TA, I was sort of worried. The security issues, in particular, concerned me. But the doors do have a security lock and the hotel is very well kept. Room was very clean, everything was fine. Coffee is weak, but the food was generally very good. This was a business trip.

Dear Linda K,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to Sacramento. I am happy to see that you felt safe I our hotel and that you had a great experience during your business trip.

Whenever your travels bring you back to Sacramento, remember that we are here for you.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our stay was pleasant but not as professional as other DoubleTree experiences. Staff was friendly. Room was comfortable. However there were problems too: Entrance from outside door was difficult in that it did not open reliably. Trash was removed from container and left in a black plastic bag on the stair landing 24 hours. Maids forgot to replace coffee and did not clean the coffee pot. Lighting was too dim to read comfortably. The desk needs two chairs so that two people can use computers. And finally, instructions on what to do if we were ok with not changing the sheets and towels were left in our room. We support conservation and followed the instructions to prevent changing the linens but they were changed anyway. On a better note, we absolutely loved your cookies.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Fran,

Thank you very much for the four stars survey posted on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to see that overall you had an enjoyable experience despite the little inconveniences encountered. Please know that I read your review very careful and I will personally follow up with our staff to rectify such occurrences in the future.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

First the good. The hotel is easy to find and there are a number of restaurants within walking distance. Check in was easy, quick and efficient. I only stayed for one night and did not sample the dining facilities so will pass on commenting on that.

Now the not so good. The hotel is somewhat haphazard in terms of layout and finding my room (1221 - on the 2nd floor of the 'Cal Expo' wing) was a trek. Signage is particularly poor and needs improvement. The corridors are dark and uninviting with tired, dirty carpets. The room was marginally better but had a decidedly funky smell. The A/C was very ineffective and I was hot most of the night. Overall the room left me underwhelmed, everything is there but it doesn't look particularly clean and could do with a thorough refurbishment. I did not receive a final bill under my door and when I went to reception, there was only one person covering the front desk, in a major hotel at 8:00 in the morning, resulting in a 10 minute wait just to get a final bill. Since the hotel is not near anything of great importance, I think charging $6 for parking is a bit cheeky. Next time I will park on the road. The Capitol Freeway can be heard from the room at least on my side of the hotel) and the windows do not block much of that noise. The hotel wing I was in was 3 stories and unfortunately cheaply built out of stick and paper (wood and sheetrock) and as such neighbor noise, especially the elephant upstairs, was very noticeable.
Overall I think there are better hotels in Sacramento and I cannot see myself returning.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking parking lot (and thus not facing Capitol Freeway).
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Tim F,

Thank you very much for the specific details provided in your survey. Please know that your feedback is valuable and will be used to improve and learn. I am hoping that this experience will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Pretty nice hotel. Not the best location but easy access to freeway and plenty of things in surrounding area (mall, Cal Expo, etc). Great front desk experience at both check-in and check-out (even give you hot, fresh cookies at check-in). Layout of hotel was not great because it was very large and spread out, but not enough elevators so lots of walking back and forth to get up and down with a stroller and bags. Housekeeping service was very nice, but very very slow - waited more than 1.5 hours late at night to get pillows and a crib, after being told twice it would be 5-10 minutes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Bonk00,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please know that the feedback provided is valuable and will be shared with the rest of the team. Have a great rest of the week and we hope to see you again in the near future.