“What I expected”

Ranked #16 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
San Marcos, California
“What I expected”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

From the reviews I was expecting average and that is what it was. Te hotel is older so there is some wear and tear. The workout room is dated but it got the job done. For the money and if you are willing to drive 15 minutes there are some much better options in the Hilton family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Donald S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you found your experience to be an average one. Our goal is to deliver great service and clean rooms to our guests, so if you could provide more details about your experience, it will help us improve and learn.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hungarian first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I must say that the employees were all very helpful and nice. The room was clean, and decent size, and the bed was comfortable. The buffet at the hotel restaurant is better than average, and the cooked to order stuff wasn't bad either. The business center and bar were also a positive experience. Now for the down side: First of all, the design of the property is mind-boggling (check out an aerial view on the web, you'll see what I mean.) It was a 5-6 min. walk from my room to the conference rooms at a brisk pace, which got very old, very quickly. My room faced West, and when I checked in the curtains were open and the room was hot. The air conditioning was very ineffective. After running it for several hours, the room still had not cooled down at 10:00 pm. The talk amongst several of the guests on my first morning at breakfast was the complete lack of hot water (which did not affect me. Different wing, I suppose). This was fixed by the next day. Although there is a ice and vending room on every floor, I had to go down one floor for a working ice machine, and two floors for an actual vending machine. I found myself taking the stairs because the elevator was very slow, and sounded like it was on it's last leg. The large HD TV is beautiful...until you turn it on. Not sure if they were stretching their bandwidth too far or what, but the picture was often pixelated. Others in my group experienced the same problem. I couldn't help but notice there was no shortage of employees standing around, especially during the afternoon and evening. If they shifted some of that money toward improving the infrastructure it would be a very nice place to stay, despite the inefficient design.

Room Tip: If yours is a warm weather stay, try to pick a room that doesn't get the afternoon sun. The A/C...
1 Thank Paul M
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Paul M,

Thank you very much for filling out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. Although I see that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, I also noticed the rest of the comments regarding the inconveniences you encountered. Please know that your feedback is valuable and we will look into correcting the things that we can correct so they will not occur in the future.

Again, that you for your sincere and detailed feedback and I am hoping that this experience will not prevent you from returning in the near future.

San Ramon, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel was not the best in my opinion. the hotel and the room was decorated nicely and the staff was nice, but there were a few hiccups. It isn't in the best area, and I had a room on the bottom floor which made me nervous. The television was broken and when I tried to use the pool/spa the spa was overwhelmingly hot that you couldn't even stick your feet in. When I mentioned it to a staff member it was pushed aside and no one can out to fix it. It was at a dangerous temperature, which I believe should always be maintained, and it wasn't.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Kathryn M,

Wow, it seems like there were quite a few inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for that I apologize. Please know that your comments will be shared with the appropriate department leaders and we will take necessary actions to prevent them from happening in the future.

Thank you again for your survey and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Aside from my room being too far, the hotel experience is always excellent. I stayed in a parlor suite and it was very spacious and clean. The restaurant goes out of its way to welcome its guests and meet their needs. I am always pleased with the excellent service the hotel staff provides.

Room Tip: Parlor suites are great upgrades
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Scottlove,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review posted on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our staff took great care of you. Please know that your comments will be shared with the rest of the team.

Cosmin
Pacifica, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The staff were friendly and professional. The room was spacious and clean. The business center was comfortable and the computers functioned efficiently. The food was good and the overall experience was of an efficiently run hotel and conference area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jay C,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. It seems like you have enjoyed your experience and our staff took great care of you. Based on the feedback given it seems like we will see you again next time you are visiting the area.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We'd never been to Sacramento and decided to stay here for a "get-away" from San Francisco. The staff could not have been nicer, but the condition of the property was awful. It is in serious need of a makeover, and until the property owners put some much-needed resources into it, it isn't likely to get any better. It is tired and smells of the MANY years of use it has had.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jeff H
Dear Jeff H,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your “get-away” trip from San Francisco. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff and for your comments regarding the condition of the hotel. Please know that your comments are valuable and will be used to improve and learn.
Have a great rest of the week and we hope to see you again soon.

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here on business in April and it was a very nice place to stay. The hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants and the on site restaurant is also very good (enjoy the lamb chops). As a Diamond Hilton member, we received coupons for the breakfast buffet which is also very good. All of the rooms have a small patio which is a great place to have a cocktail and relax watching the sunset.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear David L,

First of all I want to thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Family. I am glad to see that you had a great stay with us and that you have enjoyed what we have to offer. Have a great week and please come back and see us soon.