“Great customer service”

Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great customer service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel does not have an airport shuttle as it is probably 15 minutes drive away; however, the SMF airport is small, and a SuperShuttle is an easy booking while picking up luggage. The hotel itself is nice, and the customer service of the staff is outstanding. Whether I was walking down the hall to my room and passing someone from housekeeping, or if I was walking past the front desk - I was always greeted with a friendly hello. When I did need assistance (my bathroom sink was clogged), not only was the repair prompt and fast, I was given a free cookie for my inconvenience. Probably would've received a cookie upon request anyway, but it was definitely a small gesture that went a long way toward making this stay enjoyable. The hotel itself is very large with three or four "wings", and the walk to my room was considerable. If walking is an issue, ask for a closer room. My room rate included a scrumptious breakfast buffet that never left me wanting. Yes, perhaps the hotel needs some updating, but as a fairly picky traveler, this hotel exceeded my expectations. Additionally, this hotel is located just across the street (walkable) from a large shopping mall (can we say See's Candy?), as well as being very close to good dining.

Room Tip: If walking is an issue, ask for something close to the front desk. There are three or four "wi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear MaryAnn G,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I am very happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Please know that your comments will be shared with the rest of the team.

Have a great rest of the week and we hope to see you again soon. We have plenty more cookies...

Cosmin Nicula
Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hungarian first
Fairfield, California
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Picked this hotel due to location and close proximity to the hospital my husband was having surgery in. I made my reservation through hotels.com for 3 nights but needed to add another night due to my husband's extended hospital stay. The room was clean and bed was comfortable and Crystal who delivered my room service was as sweet and kind as could be. That is where my positive experience ended. First of all you should know you must pay to park per night and pay per day for wi-fi. That's outrageous. My in room coffee maker was not restocked daily. The pre-order room service tag (that you hang on your door at night so room service gets to you at specific time next day) was missing after first day which meant I had to wait on room service . My magnet parking pass failed so after 13 hours at hospital I had to drive back out and go in to office. Clerk was efficient but not friendly or apologetic. Then I went to my room and door key failed. Another trip back to main desk and still no apology. I had to extend my stay and they offered an inflated rate for a Monday night stay, no deals. Weird isolated dark entrances to buildings made me feel uncomfortable when returning late at night. Look elsewhere if you can.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Rustydog0,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit at the DoubleTree Hotel. Without constructive feedback from a guest such as yourself, it is not possible for our company to measure the quality of service provided.

I would like to thank you for the feedback and offer my sincere apologies to you for the inconveniences you encountered while being a guest of our hotel. Please know that I have personally spoken with the appropriate department leaders so that we can take the necessary corrective action and prevent any of such occasions in the future.

As a guest of Hilton Hotels, I am sure you have come to expect the very finest from us, as well you should. It is my endeavor to rebuild the trust and I am hoping that in your future visits to Sacramento, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel will remain the hotel of your choice.

Cosmin

Travelers are raving about these Sacramento hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've stayed here many times for work and its decent, but rooms really need updating. My shower/tub had mold in grout edges, tub drained very slow, older stained carpet, etc. I was surprised to see blankets used between sheets instead of comforters.

Meetings rooms are like most - nothing special, but are ok. Would be nice if they didn't do major work outside when someone is meeting. Same goes for working in rooms above their meeting rooms. The noise is very distracting.

The food is decent in the cafe; the Buffett is always a good value, and quick. The bar/lounge is being remodeled so we had an event downstairs which wasn't as good. Lunches were ok and service was good. The location is near an older mall - Arden Mall. Its fine, but not the best area to walk around after dark. Lots of chain restaurants nearby. Great new place in mall.

This is a large older, spread out hotel. Long walk to meeting rooms. Some remodeling and updating would help. Overall, service was pretty good. Wireless connections throughout hotel spotty.

• Stayed February 2013
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear CBWA Arvada,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with your fellow travelers your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please know that your feedback is valuable and will be shared with the rest of the team. Our goal is to always improve and learn and we will take appropriate action to eliminate some of these occurrences from happening in the future.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel during your convention and we are hoping to se you again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Whether business or family travel take note. This hotel is dated by any definition. Green carpet and old wood are common. My door had a 1.5" gap underneath. The service was poor too. I asked for a non-connecting room when I walked in. After a lengthy walk to my room, surprise, it was a connecting room with the TV from next door booming in. There are some good restaurants across the street too: I couldn't get anyone to service me in their restaurant/pub is how I learned this lesson. There are many great Doubletrees around but with a hotel chain with a wide variance of quality, this one falls at the bottom.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for the feedback and offer my sincere apologies to you for the inconveniences you encountered while a guest in our Hotel. Please know that your feedback will be used to improve and learn.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times in the past years for work, and this time my room was better then normal. Room was spotless on arrival including bathroom. Very quiet room as well, even though the hotel was fairly booked. Was dissapointed with the service in the restaurant, however the food was good. Lots of military people staying at the hotel, and they have some sort of special menu and access to the salad/soup/dessert area. I requested just one trip through the salad bar, and was told a huge price. I asked why everyone else was going up there and he said it was because they were military and it was allowed for them. The table of cute girls next to me asked to go up there and he told them ok but not to tell anyone.... not cool. But either way the food that I did get was good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Jarod M,

First of all I want to thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Family. Please know that your feedback is very important and it will be shared with the rest of the team. I am pleased to see that you were happy with the room, but I apologize for your experience in the restaurant.. Please know that I will personally follow up with the appropriate department leaders to ensure that this will not happen in the future.

I trust that we will see you again in your next visit to Sacramento.

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The first night our tailgate was stolen from the parking lot-keep in mind when you stay at this hotel you have to pay to park in their parking lot. When my husband became aware our tailgate (and 2 others) was missing he went to speak to the manager who told him that it was not Doubletree's problem- hmmmm. That afternoon I spoke to a different manager who let me know that he would fill out an incident report and send it to his insurance company-OK now I have filled out a police report, incident report, and have just heard from Hiltons insurance that we cannot prove it happened there-(although the adjuster told my husband there was another claim for another tailgate stolen from that night) and we are on our own- So we paid to park in a lot that was supposed to be secure and incurred a cost of a tailgate for a 2009 F350 Longbed pickup-to the tune of 2000.00+

Stay at your own risk-I will never stay here again. And I will make sure everybody I know does not as well.

Thanks for nothing DOUBLETREE-

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kari C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit at the DoubleTree Hotel. I would like to thank you for the feedback and offer my sincere apologies to you for the inconveniences you encountered while a guest in our Hotel. Please know that I have personally spoken with the appropriate department leaders so that we can take the necessary corrective action and prevent any of such occasions in the future.

Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Arrived on a Monday at 3:20pm and was told my room was not ready. I had a conference to attend at 4:30 and wanted to shower and change. I received the standard line from the front desk that check in begins at 4pm. Are you kidding? Room was finally available at 4:05 pm. Not a good start. The hotel is very dated and tired. Layout is poor, like a 60's style motel that was pieced together with long hallways connecting each building. Room was OK but the noise coming from the bathroom vent was so loud that I had to sleep with the door to the bathroom shut. Staff was friendly and apologetic but I would choose to go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business