“Just OK”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
Ranked #14 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very large hotel as we had to walk what seemed miles to get to our room. Standard room is very small with a sliding glass door to a two person patio (standing only). Did not know they made sliding doors so narrow. Room was clean, shower head almost non functional. Staff very accomodating. Parking is $8.00 per day. They have an on site cafe where we had breakfast. Note that there is all glass on one side of cafe and not one shade to block sun. We watched the service people squinting at tables. Very uncomfortable. We were seated next to the wall where espresso and other speciality coffee drinks were made so all we heard was the swishing of the espresso machine. Bad restaurant set up with a coffee bar just on other side of half wall. Don't even think about having coffee in cafe. It is like water. In this day and age there is absolutely no reason to serve disgusting coffee like that. This is an older hotel that has had cosmetic upgrades but there are areas that have old wood paneling from the 80's. If you can't or don't like to walk this is not the place for you. We attended a convention and different exhibits were scattered all over the property. One activity we walked approximately one city block to get to next activity. Don't think we will be back.

Room Tip: Don't think there is any such thing. We were parked directly in front of our room but we had to...
1  Thank margiesmemories
Hotel M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you for your review. We apologize if we did not live up to your expectations. We are looking into the issues you mentioned with our restaurant, and we can assure you they will be addressed. We hope that you'll give us another chance to show you the world-class service we pride ourselves on. We look forward to your return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I got the Family Suite with a king and two queens. My kids were impressed.

This is an "old school" hotel so we had to drive to the room and walk a little. If you want to get back to the lobby, you will be walking. We did have two TVs which made it nice for everyone.

Because I am a Hilton Honors member, we got six free breakfasts. It was good and the kids liked the variety. The waffle were especially good and the hot chocolate came in HUGE cups.

I prefer the newer hotels but this was perfect for my six-member family.

Room Tip: Might be a bit of a walk to the lobby depending on where you are.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for a terrific review! We are pleased to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to making you just as comfortable!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Doubletree has consistently given me the best and most professional service and accommodations over several years of stays, from the manager, check-in personnel, the maids, waitresses and waiters, to the event set-up personnel, valets and every other employee I encountered. Each was cheerful, accommodating, professional, polite and a breath of fresh air. My room was clean, delightful, comfortable, with everything working and nothing broken.
When twice I arrived with sudden health issues they went above and beyond to accommodate them and lend wonderful support. I could not ask for better treatment!

Room Tip: The floor plan is similar to a bicycle wheel, with wings of rooms as the spokes and conference rooms...
1  Thank A_citizen_12

Thank you for a fantastic review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the time you took to provide us with your comments and feedback. Your loyalty is tremendous, and for that we thank you. We look forward to your return, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

For the past 6 years I have stayed at the Double Tree where my conference has been held. I am typically there for 3 night. This year as always I had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and the pillows were as soft as a cloud! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Staff were helpful and friendly and the housekeeper for my room was as sweet as can be! I can't understand the bad review from Allyse05...it just doesn't make sense. The only complaint I have is the shower head....water squirted out the sides in all directions. Other than that, it was clean, well maintained and super comfortable.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room in the past 6 years of staying here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for a great review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and plan on coming back again. We are looking into the issue you encountered with your shower head, so thank you for bringing that to our attention. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've stayed at the Doubletree three or four times in the last year, I love this hotel. I did have an issue last summer with construction going on in the room above mine but it was taken care of, other than that I have enjoyed this hotel. Every room I have been in was great. Clean, spacious and comfortable. I just wish hotels (all hotels, not just Hilton) would purchase more comfortable couches. I've only had comfortable seating in expensive suites. I look for hotels with balconies, which is why I initially decided to stay here, sometimes you just want some fresh air and don't want to leave your room at 2 am to do so. I stayed in one of the suites, it was huge! The furniture was a bit outdated but the room was spectacular with two balconies, wet bar, huge TV's in both bedroom and living room, dining area with a full sized dining table, recessed lighting with dimmers and a wonderful bathroom and tub!

The staff is what makes this hotel great. From the front desk people to the housekeeping staff, everybody was incredible. I still smile when I think about how charming all of the ladies working the breakfast and dinner buffets were. They kept me smiling during my stay. Some of the food is very good, try the prime rib! The bar is OK, my only problem with it was the tiny TV's they have. I was going to watch some games there but decided to go across the street to the Elephant Bar where they had large TV's. Not a big deal but the hotel might see a larger crowd in the bar if they had larger TV's, I was the only one in there at about 3 pm on a Sunday afternoon during football season. The hotel is in a perfect location, hardly ever any terrible traffic in that area and the Arden Fair Mall is across the street. Several restaurants within walking distance. Elephant Bar, BJ's, El Torito, Cheesecake Factory, all the normal mall food across the street and dozens more within a short drive. Best Buy and Apple Store in the mall too!

Overall a great hotel, I'll be back there in a few weeks! Looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff, they are really trying their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for such an outstanding review! We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoy staying with us that much! We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. It is because of experiences like yours that keep us going day-after-day in our jobs. We hope to continue seeing you at the DoubleTree Sacramento, and look forward to your return. Please come again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

HILTON HAS PENALIZED THIS CUSTOMER FOR PAYING IN ADVANCE. I was not given the conference rate (A $50+ value) when attending the CalVet Women Veterans conference. When I questioned the rate at check in I was told by the desk personnel that they were unable to do anything about it because I had paid in advance. I had to forcefully request to speak to the manager. He then told me the same. When I pressed, he said he would put a note in the computer so when I called the booking service and they then called this property to confirm the conference rate, the computer record would show the approved conference rate. The next morning I was not given a refund but was given an account for HHONORS with a small number of starting points; this is NOT a fair solution in that I do not travel on a regular basis and would not choose to stay at Hilton at those regular rates even if I did.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any confusion over the payment for your room. We are looking into this issue. To avoid a similar problem in the future we recommend to call the hotel directly to make reservations. We hope that you'll give us another chance, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. I arrived around 8:00 a.m. as the conference I was attending was being held at the hotel. I happened to check with the front desk to see if there were any rooms available to check in and sure enough, the front desk representative was very helpful and got me into my king room in the San Jaqauin wing. Staff was very pleasant and friendly, grounds were clean. The hotel is very large with several wings. Conference facilities were good including food service. My room was very comfortable, flat screen TV, a smaller room for a Doubletree, comfortable bed and amazing pillows. The bathroom and shower head were great. I forgot to mention the cookie at check-in, a great treat. I've stayed here before and would stay here again. The Arden mall is right across the street within walking distance and many food choices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your return. We hope you'll get a chance to visit us again soon!