“Great Find”

Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
OC
“Great Find”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel is a great find. It is a deal, close to the Capitol and other Sacramento attractions. The staff was very nice upon check in. We had a family suite, two connected rooms (one king and two double beds) with one door to the outside for under $200.00.

Room Tip: Ask for the "family suite" if you are traveling with more than two people, there is a whol...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hungarian first
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The bad reviews here really freaked me out. I needed a room right away and this hotel was the only one available in the area. I called the Manager and asked him about the issues brought up here at Tripadvisor.com. To be candid, I am glad that I did. William, the Manager, was extremely pleasant and greeted me when I checked in.

Sure, the hotel is a little older and my room showed some age. Overall, both the room and bathroom were clean. The service at the front desk was fine and the restaurant hostesses were pleasant to me. I don't have any complaints about my stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room located near the main lobby
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Oroville, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Upon checking in the staff was very nice and made sure I had everything I needed. The property was clean and well kept. The room was very nice and clean with all the amenities stocked. I would stay here again next time I am in Sacramento.

Room Tip: The rooms have Balcanies so ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Pros:
-cheap
-place where you can sleep

Cons:
-Dirty bathroom floors
-dirty vents
-I don't think they change the bed sheets..
-curtains are dusty, as well as the whole room. Felt like it was getting into my eyes.
-dirty toilet
-old building
-stains on walls

I'd suggest that this hotel should clean their rooms ALOT better

• Stayed July 2012
Cypress, California
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed the night on June 20 in this Doubletree Hotel in Sacramento and had a pleasant stay for the night. The room and amenities were very nice as most Hilton hotels tend to be. My room had a decent size patio which overlooked the pool.

Great pool, exercise room and Karaoke which is always cool (I personally admire the people who can't sing that are brave enough to get up in front of a crowd full of strangers) and close to many restaurants (Elephant Bar) and a mall (ladies, there are plenty of stores that you will enjoy) is located across the street where the local Starbucks is also located.

The hotel was busy with both a family reunion and a Elk's like convention was taking place. But with the size of the hotel it never felt busy.

One strange thing about the hotel rooms, I have been in many hotels but I have never been in one where the doors open out to the hall way which was very unique.

VERY IMPORTANT: listen to the front desk agent when she gives you your room number. This is one big hotel (not as big as a Las Vegas Casino Hotel but big), I was checking in with a group and I missed the directions on how to get to my room. The reason this is very important is because your room is located in a certain wing with it's own name (E.g. El Dorado, etc...) and each wing has the same room number as yours and if you miss or don't hear what the name of the wing is, well, good luck in finding your room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were visiting family and friends in Sacramento and stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. We had a two bedroom, one bath suite. It was ideal for our family as we had a bedroom for adults and a bedroom for kids and we could close doors between two rooms for privacy, sleeping, etc. Room showed signs of wear and was in need of updating. Location was ideal for us as it is just off business 80 and easy commute to Grass Valley, Davis and Sacramento. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Two big conventions were in the hotel during our stay which may have contributed to our issues - VFW and Elks. Last day there was a racing group that we were warned would be noisy. Our room was located next to steps and across from ice machine. Seemed to also be a cheerleading group in the room above us on the first night. Noise level was quite high and sleep wasn't the best. Lots of noise also from the parking lot. One night a car alarm went off at least half a dozen times, another night there were sirens (hotel is located about a block from a fire station).

Seems like each night we had an issue in the room. Hotel staff was always quick to fix the issue, but there should not be so many problems. Night 1 - 2 bath towels total in 2 bedroom suite. Call to housekeeping, they didn't have enough clean, brought some a few hours later. Night 2 - temperature outside over 100, air conditioner running to keep the room cool. When housekeeping came in, they put towel on bathroom floor to catch drips from air conditioner in celing that had constant drip. Not sure why they didn't call maintenance to have it fixed. Unfortunately, I had a nasty slip and fall on big puddle of water on tile. Maintenance came, drained drip pan in ceiling, apologized and sent housekeeping back to clean up the wet floor. Night 3 - returned to room, no clean towels, housekeeping left a note saying they were out and would bring more. Had to call a few hours later to get towels delivered. Night 4 returned from day out and found they were using our room as a storage place for conference room stacking chairs. Had 15 chairs in stacks throughout our room. Again call to front desk and maintenance came about 45 minutes later to move the chairs across the hall to where the ice machine was. Night 5 returned once again to lack of towels and no hot water.

Front desk staff was outstanding - very friendly and helpful. As a Gold level Hilton Honors member, we had free buffet breakfast each day and it too was quite good. There was lots of fresh fruit, always had scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon/sausage, oatmeal and a variety of muffins and pastries. Had a rotating other hot dish of pancakes, waffles, blintzes, etc. Service staff in restaurant were very helpful and remembered us from day 2 - remembered our beverage preferences and brought them to table before we even asked. All of the staff had smiles on their faces and were willing to help.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Eureka,CA.
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed there for three nights, by the third day iIwas just getting used to the place ,this hotel is so large they should give you a map when you check in... the service was as big as the hotel and very clean, the food was outstanding for hotel food. We will be back next month, my new found hotel when Im in Sacramento

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business