DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
$160
$150
Priceline
1,489 results
All reviewsdouble treeelephant barmall across the streetwarm cookiesarden fair malllarge hotelstate fairparking feebusiness tripcal exponice staybed was comfortablesacramento areaconferencebanquetrefrigeratorcalifornia
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Most Doubletrees are very good. This one is the largest I've ever been in. The grounds are very nice with a little creek and good landscaping. The room was spacious, quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful. I'm not a huge fan of malls but for this area is was good be next to Arden Hills as it gives many air conditioned opportunities for eating and shopping. They have a BJ's brewery that worked for my appetite. I was on a discounted rate as it was a conference so the value for me was excellent. I wouldn't necessarily choose it for a vacation spot but was very good for a conference venue.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank xysticus
kenjr50, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Xysticus,
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and your stay. I am very glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience! Our staff works very hard to be friendly and helpful!

Our hotel is on 19 acres and we have a park like setting…so it is very nice. As you commented on, our hotel is just across the street from the Arden Fair Mall and there are a variety of restaurants within walking distance. We are also the closest hotel to Cal Expo, where the state fair is held every year We offer shuttle service to the mall, and several other restaurants and shopping areas around the area.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in the Sacramento area.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

WHAT A NIGHTMARE THIS DUMP IS! I Arrived after a 2 hour drive from the Bay Area, 5/4/12 at 11:30am. The unfriendly, uncaring front desk clerk informed me the King bed room wasn't ready and to come back by 1:30pm. I decided to do lunch at the Olive Garden and returned to the hotel by 1:30pm. A different front desk clerk informed me that the King bed wasn't ready and that check in time was not until 4:00pm. I could wait until then or I could "downgrade" to a Double Queen bed room that was available. I was tired and opted for the Double Queen not knowing I would be put in the Eldorado Wing, apparently, the "ghetto" section of the entire hotel complex. The stairwell carpeting has black stains on every step and smelled something awful. The bathroom in my room needed some serious cleaning. During the night some idiot threw a bucket of wet sand all over the front of my new Mercedes-Benz E350 that had just been professionally detailed. The following evening a new black Audi 6 parked next to my Mercedes had a bucket of wet sand thrown all over the back of his car. Sunday morning my last day, the electricity was shut off during the night for over 4 hours. A police helicopter kept circling overhead apparently looking for someone or something. This is the worst hotel stay I have ever experienced . I will never again stay in a Doubletree or any other Hilton Hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the Eldorado Wing altogether!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jawohl

Dear Jawohl,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you had during your stay!

There were several things that you brought up that concern me greatly and I have left you a message to discuss with you. Let me say this, the service you described that you received is very uncharacteristic of what we normally deliver (please see other TA comments). I am concerned that you experienced less than a friendly, warm, caring welcome to our hotel. In addition the cleanliness issues you describe are not even close to our normal levels. This is the first time I have heard of any form of vandalizing (wet sand on cars) at the hotel.

I apologize for all of the mishaps that occurred during your stay and like I said, I have sent you a message so that we can discuss this thoroughly.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We booked into the Doubletree Sacramento using Hotwire, and were pleased that the result was a large resort-style hotel around a central courtyard and pool. Be sure to have directions, the facility lies a few blocks off the highway across the street from a large shopping center in an area of low-rise business parks. There is a fee for parking (it may be waived if you are a Hilton member) - restaurants and shopping are at least a ten minute walk. The hotel itself is well maintained with nice lobby and corridor areas, coffee, cafe, and restaurant service, a couple of shops, and a well-equipped business center in the lobby. Check-in was handled well, and the staff was friendly.

However, because we'd done the discount booking, we were placed in the Folsum wing, I think the area is reserved for air force recruits (there's a banner over the hall) and the rooms are completely trashed. Only a few sticks of furniture, stained carpets and mattresses, cracked toilet facilities, and toenail clippings in the carpets. If a hotel wants to offer a discount rate to attract business, why make people who take the offer suffer? Why treat airmen this way either?

We talked with both the desk clerks and the manager the next morning, who agreed that the accommodations were poorly maintained and inappropriate. They moved us to another wing of the hotel, the difference was night and day. Furniture, a clean bathroom, a workspace, all typical of the Hilton / Doubletree brand. No surprises otherwise: good WiFi, a mini-bar, TV with local channels and movies, a firm bed, good hot water in the shower.

But just an inexcusable start to the stay.

Room Tip: Stay out of the Folsum wing!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DaveH-ExPat
kenjr56, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Dave H,
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We believe that all reviews good and bad are very helpful to everyone, especially our hotel team as it gives them the opportunity to improve those areas that we have fallen short in.
As you mentioned, we do have a portion of our hotel that does serve new recruits just prior to entering the military service. They do have an assigned area and we have to maintain very strict standards set by the military. I am surprised that you found your room in this condition and am looking into it immediately. Please accept my apologizes.
I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay was pleasant and that our staff handled your situation quickly.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had a good night sleep, which is my main goal. No noise issues like others on the first floor complained about. I even faced the busy road and the low level roar didn't bother me. I like the firm bed with cush tops and down pillows, but if youre allergic to feathers I imagine you could ask for a change. I didn't like paying $8 for parking and there is no free breakfast ($14 for breakfast buffet) which brings the value down in my books.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The facility is huge, I was shocked. It is right across from the Arden Hills Mall so lots of restaurants nearby/within walking distance. But the facility should be updated. The bathroom door wouldn't stay open, so during a shower it started to smell like mildew/mold. They also charged for parking, which doesn't make any sense unless they are trying to keep the mall people away.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family