“Out-of-the-way hotel that offers fabulous service with most employees with a smile on their faces!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Washington, D.C>
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed in the Doubletree for a full week. I was there for a conference and extended my stay when my flight was cancelled and rebooked for the next day. The staff went out of their way to offer me my same room at a great price. They offers a shuttle service to the nearby mall and other close locations, and when I went to tip the driver, he wouldn't hear of it! The rooms are recently renovated, and they could still use a little upgrading. But I would definitely stay here again for a conference. It's a little out of the way for downtown Sacramento.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Hungarian first
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I attended a convention at the hotel. I was surprised about the excellent food at a convention dinner. The hotel is very large and spread out. The hallways are long and boring.
Rooms are large but well equipped. The beds were excellent, the work desk in my room wasn;t ready for all my electrical outlets. It took some creativity to find a plug for my computer, cell phone, etc.
The property is aging a little bit. Wireless in the rooms was missing, but I brought my own connection. I understand the hotel is planning to upgrade all rooms soon.
The hotel is an excellent choice for a large meeting or small convention, as long as you're ok with an average facility.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the front desk.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Port Hardy, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2011

It served us well for a one night stop over. I need to watch next time when booking through hotwire and note if "parking""resort fees" are indicated as an extra and if breakfast is included or not. We didn't mind the 3 floors and spread out a little and the actual parking locations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Scotts Valley, California
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I booked a room at the Doubletree Sacramento for a 3-day class at the recommendation of the class provider. I arrived around 10pm after a long (traffic) drive from the bay area. I was placed in room #2302, which was small, had a very outdated bathroom, and a coffee maker which looked like it had never been cleaned, however it was late and I was eager to get to bed before class in the morning.

When I turned down the sheets on the bed, I located 3-4 red stains on the sheets, which appeared to be dried blood or lipstick. The stains were on the pillow cases and the sheets. I contacted the front desk (holding the phone away from my face because it was sticky and gross to the touch). The front desk sent the bell boy up and he moved me down the hall to another room, which appeared cleaner and had an updated bathroom, however the sheets had an even larger stain in the center (a huge dark circle on the bottom sheet). I tried a third room, which had dust balls on the ground and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a few decades. I pulled back the sheets and found a couple large (ten inch) strains of hair!

The bell boy agreed it was “gross” and I went back to the front desk to speak with the manager. The manager did not seem to have any options for me nor could she provide me with a clean room. I checked out and switched hotels.

I’ve stayed at tons of hotels, both domestic and international, however I have never checked out of a hotel before! Nor have I ever found rooms so completely disgusting! While the manager was friendly, she did nothing to resolve this situation or apologize for the disgusting condition of these rooms. Many of the other students in my class had similar stories or complaints about this hotel. Don’t let the appearance of the lobby fool you!

Although I made a few complaints, to date I have only received a form letter response from the general manager. A truly horrible and gross Hilton experience!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Dorfer
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed one night. front desk staff were friendly, clean lobby and bar lounge,

• Stayed November 2011
Park City, Utah
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I've stayed here twice a week for the past few months. (July-November 2011) My company puts us there. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The building is some what dated but is kept up well. There is the arden fair mall across the street with several restaurants including a Fresh Express for those who want to eat healthy. There is an Elephant bar and and an El Torito next door. Chandos Tacos less than a mile west across from the Harley place has authentic mexican tacos. If you like to ride bikes or run, it's less than a mile to one of the best trails there is. The American River trail. Using the trail it's about 7 miles to Old town Sacramento and about 20 to the Folsom dam.

I have read about bed bugs in this hotel but I have NEVER seen any evidence of this in my many stays here.

Room Tip: When it's hot Pick a room on the shady side in the afternoon. The street between the hotel and t...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Eureka, CA
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times. I have been there for both personal trips and work events. the staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice, nothing too fancy, but comfortable. The location is great. It is across the street from the Arden Fair Mall and also multiple restaurants. There is something for everyone. It is a wonderful spot for meetings or conventions as well. I am an event organizer for a large statewide group and we have our event here all the time. There is on site dining and a lounge. I have only used the pool/hot tub a couple of times as I am normally there in the off season and swimming isn't high on my list. If I am staying in the Sacramento area this is the first hotel I call.