“Good Service”

Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Hickory, North Carolina
“Good Service”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Just 8 min. from downtown area. Friendly staff very helpful provided maps and other info. Nice Breakfast. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fullerton, California
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I’ve stayed at this Fairfield Inn several times on business and have never been disappointed. For those who have never stayed at a Fairfield Inn before, this hotel might still have a familiar feel when you walk in – picture a Courtyard by Marriott with slightly downgraded fixtures. The lobby, hallways and rooms are otherwise quite similar.

Service at the front desk was cordial and efficient. My room was clean, spacious and featured a flat screen TV and free wireless Internet. The first time I sat on the bed I was initially concerned about its comfort, but ended up having a great sleep. The biggest downside was the configuration of the rest room – you needed to be a bit of a contortionist when reaching for the toilet paper.

The breakfast area was clean and well-maintained; available items (aside from the usual "continental" fare) included waffles, hard boiled eggs, fruit cups and yogurt, along with microwavable breakfast sandwiches and quiches. This hotel is located deep within a commercial area, so if you don’t have a car the only restaurant serving dinner within immediate walking distance is at the Courtyard by Marriott next door. If you have a car, there are several take-out style eateries within a two-minute drive; sit-down, table service restaurants are a bit further.

If you’re planning to attend the Cal Expo or have business in the area, this is a reasonably priced property with few frills that is worthy of your consideration.

New Jersey, USA
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Convenient to downtown without the high cost. Clean and comfortable rooms. Would stay there again. Pleasant and helpful staff.

Hemet, California
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We arrived late after a long trip from Southern CA. The staff were welcoming and we slept well. Very comfortable beds! Loads of pillows. Love that. Some people had mentioned being awakened by a train. The sound of the train was very faint and I find the sound of a train soothing. In fact the room was actually too quiet. I have tinnitus and like to have white noise like a fan in the background. Breakfast included a variety of options. I especially liked the waffles and coffee. I've been to some hotels in which the breakfast rooms were not set up with human traffic in mind. Everybody ends up crowded in the corner trying to get their coffee and toast. This particular hotel is smartly laid out. We will definitely stay again since our daughter is attending Sac State.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
St. Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn for three nights while attending a convention in Sacramento. Although this was a busy time, all of the staff was plesant and helpful while checking us in and during our stay. The hotel was very clean, as was our room. We enjoyed the variety of foods that were offered at breakfast. There was the usual bagels, waffles, toast and cold cereal, but also eggs, yogurt, cheese sticks and microwavable egg sandwiches. The location was convenient to eating out as well as shopping. The grounds were quiet, as was our room.

Rohnert Park, California
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed in a standard queen room on the first floor. At first, I almost thought to change having a room on the first floor as I was concerned about noise above us but decided to stay in the room anyway. No problem with noise above us. The only draw back was at night when the trains would rumble by. Quite noisy. This was all night, mind you. Thinking, maybe this is why there were complimentary ear plugs in the room. As far as that the beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. The breakfast is basically a continental style, make your own waffles, toast bread or bagels, juice, coffee, some sandwiches you could heat up in a microwave, dry cereal, fruit, nothing special. The pool, hot tub was nice, clean. The staff friendly and helpful. We had a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Petaluma
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Recently returned from an overnight to the Fairfield Inn Sac Cal Expo. Wanted to stay at a hotel that was within walking distance of Cal Expo. (which it was. Families with very small children may find the distance a bit too long to walk, especially in the heat)

I will list the pro and cons of the hotel. My husband and I felt the hotel was nice and was an excellent value.

PROS -

Nightly room rate - got an excellent room rate with our AAA card.

Free Breakfast - Free and excellent!!! Sausage, egg & cheese breakfast sandwiches, waffles, hot and cold cereals, bagles, fresh baked muffins and pasteries, fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, juices, coffee, hard boiled eggs. Really just a great selection.

Pool - loved having a pool. We were able to see the State Fair in the morning, come back for a swim and then return in the evening when the temp was cooler.

Clean Room - our room was really clean. We stayed in a regular king room (no fridge) HD flat screen TV, small sitting area, desk, free WiFI (which we didn't use so can not comment about the speed) lots of pillows, nice shower head, coffee maker in the room. Not a big room but it worked.

Free coffee and water - they provided free coffee and cold water. I was able to fill up my water bottle whenever I wanted to. (which was often due to the heat)

now the cons

CONS

Front Desk - Front Desk just ok. Friendly enough but not very helpful. Explained we were going to walk over to the State Fair. Clerk didn't really say much. Thought she might have some information to give us for the fair or at least give us some verbal information, but we received neither.

Thin walls - we could clearly hear the family and their children accoss the hall from us. Young kids making lots of noice. I have five children so it does not bother me but it may someone else.

Air Conditioner - it was a bit loud when the air conditioner was on.

TV Remote - TV remote did not always work. I think the batteries were low.

No hotel information book - our room did not have a hotel information book. Didn't know the breakfast hours, hours of the pool & hot tub, etc.. not a big deal just thought it was strange.

Automatic check out - in the moring when we work up, we already had the receipt for our stay slipped under our door. What if we wanted to use cash or a different card? (we didn't want to but...) Also, check out was at 12pm but even at 9am, our phone in the room had no service. I just wanted to call down to the front desk as I had a question but the phone was totally dead. They must turn it off when they process your credit card without notice.

Train noice - you can hear the train whistle all day and night, but it's didn't bug me. The hotel does provide ear plugs in the room for those it would annoy.

Even with the minor CONS, I would stay again if I was able to get the same AAA rate. With the free breakfast they offer, which is just wonderful, it makes the room almost free. Just a really good deal for a night or two.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room.