“overall good stay after getting some issues resolved” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas

Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Reno, Nevada
“overall good stay after getting some issues resolved”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

When we arrived and all during our stay the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I'm sorry for the average rating, but I've stayed at other Residence Inn's and I've had high expectations. I've been told the property was built in 1992 and has been undergoing renovations. There is room for improvement in the housekeeping department. The bed looked nicely made, but upon closer inspection I found a blood or ketchup stain on the comforter and the kitchen cabinets, the coffee maker and the stove were dirty. Also the bathroom ceiling fan housing had a fuzzy layer of dust.
After I called the front desk and notified them of these problem, they came quickly and took care of everything. It would have been nicer if these thing would have been checked as the room was being cleaned initially. Our room was on the freeway side, but there were double windows, which muffled the sound and it was tolerable. The free breakfast offers a variety of items. In found the bed comfortable and the rooms spacious and nicely outfitted.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the freeway if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank marianne f
RobertR261, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your recommendations. We value your insight and appreciate your loyalty to the Residence Inn brand. Please accept my apologies for the oversight on your comforter. I am glad we were able to quickly address any room issues. Our sincere thanks for your positive feedback on our complimentary breakfast and spacious rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Daly City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed for two consecutive weekends for basketball tournaments. We did not stay in the room for a lot of time, but from staying here last year, the rooms looked much better. But the bath handle to control the temperature of the water was backwards, and we were confused on why it wouldn't turn on. The toilet took a long time to fill, and when it was filling, we could hear it. Anyway, outside near the lobby was a small swimming pool, but big enough since not many people swim there. We really liked the basketball-tennis court, but there should be two baskets, one on each side. The barbecue was a great resource to have, and we took advantage of it both stays. Make sure to get to it first, because it is a first come first served. Sleeping was comfy on the bed, it was just right. However, the sofa bed did not come with enough sheets, so I felt cold trying to sleep. Waking up, I was happy to have a complimentary breakfast. Just enough; sausages, eggs, biscuits, yogurt, and more. The cooking staff was not friendly, though. But the rest of the staff were very kind and resourceful. Overall, we had a great time and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RobertR261, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your thorough feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your consecutive weekends at Residence Inn Natomas. It's also great to hear you took advantage of our dual BBQ's! Our full kitchens make preparing meals a snap. We strive to provide the best all around service and apologize for the toilet filling slowly and the shortcoming in friendliness. Please rest assured these will be addressed. We look forward to serving you and hope to see you soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here on a Sunday in March 2013 in Building 4, Room 423, which is a studio suite upstairs unit. This suite is great; it’s very spacious and has a cozy home-like feel to it, with plenty of natural light coming into the room. This suite appeared exactly as it did in the photos on the Residence Inn website with the exception that it had a fireplace in it, which I was not aware of prior to booking the room; this was a nice surprise. It’s a wood-burning fireplace and wood is not provided in the room; however, you can purchase it from the front desk for the pricey cost of $10 per Duraflame log. The kitchen has a full refrigerator, a two burner stove (electric), microwave, and is fully equipped with utensils.

The only shortcoming the suite had is that if you’re a very light sleeper, then the sounds might disturb your sleep. The two windows in the suite face the parked cars in the lot which did not provide loud sounds; however, it also directly faces the very nearby freeway which can be a little noisy. During the day the freeway noise was noticeable due to it having more traveling vehicles, but I did not notice it much at night when it has fewer cars frequenting it. Additionally, the sounds that come from the refrigerator throughout the night might be a little bothersome if you’re not used to it or if you’re a light sleeper. I noticed that the natural temperature in the room during the night, without the use of heat or AC, tends to alternate between hot and cool/hot and cool, but setting the thermostat to your desired temperature should easily remedy it.

The breakfast was great. I thought it was going to be somewhat continental style, but it was more than I expected and tasted delicious. There are waffles made from batter, eggs, a spinach/egg/cheese/English muffin concoction (delicious), parfaits, cereals, and much more to choose from to eat and drink. It was really very tasty.

This was my first time staying at this Residence Inn and the first time in several years that I stayed in a Residence Inn at all, and I was very pleased. I usually prefer to stay at Embassy Suite hotels, but the Residence Inn has given them some competition in my opinion. If the Residence Inn provided a free daily happy hour, they would totally rival the Embassy Suites for me. Unfortunately, I was only able to stay here for one night because when I booked the room it was completely booked up for the second day I needed, which caused me to have to stay my second night elsewhere. Despite having a full sized suite at the other hotel, as opposed to a studio suite at the Residence Inn, I still enjoyed the Residence Inn better because the floorplan is designed more spaciously, full kitchen, more modern décor, and breakfast. The Residence Inn studio suite had more of a cozy, home-like feel, whereas the hotel I stayed at for my second night, although a regular sized suite, had the typical floorplan of most hotels, tiny fridge, and no stove to cook on.

One other thing to note, this place is somewhat difficult to find once you exit the freeway, but I called them while driving up and down the street to find it and the woman at the front desk was very kind and patient, talking me in, providing me excellent directions while I drove. Also, the gentlemen at the front desk who checked me in was very pleasant and kind, and he called me shortly after I checked into the room to make sure everything was to my liking. Customer service was great, the only somewhat bad customer service I received was when I later called the front desk to inquire if they provided logs for the fireplace and the lady who answered was very curt as if it was labor to provide me the information. She had a tone as if I was bothering her and she sounded very attitudinal. It definitely had to be a different person than the two wonderful people I dealt with earlier that afternoon at the front desk. This, and the other shortcomings, are minor in my opinion and do not override the otherwise wonderful experience I had here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RobertR261, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed our standard suite. We provide considerably larger floorplans than a traditional hotel room. It's also great to hear you liked our new decor and extensive hot breakfast. We look forward to serving you at Residence Inn Natomas.
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Recently stayed here for business and had a seamless stay-- all thanks to the very helpful General Manager, Sean and his A+ staff. They were attentive to my needs, friendly and even overly patient after I continually "harassed" them with keycard problems (apparently, user error). :-) Other pluses were clean rooms, quality food and shuttle to/from airport. Thanks again for a great stay, will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RobertR261, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for the A+ grade on our General Manager and Associates. We aim to provide the best service with the comforts of home. We are happy to pick you up anytime in our 24HR Airport shuttle.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok, I've stayed at many Residence Inn hotel's before but this was by FAR the nicest one. Funny thing, when researching this place I did not find many user photos which made me a little skeptical of the "too good to be true" photos on the Marriott website. Turns out, this place is better looking than the photos on Marriott's website. The front reception was so nice and very informative. We only stayed here for one night before we traveled back to Tampa but were very impressed. The rooms are very large, the wifi is great, and everything was so... NEW! I wish we stayed at this type of hotel during our entire 2 week visit to California (that wouldn't of been possible we went to 3 different parts of California) but when I come back to Sacramento for business or pleasure... I'm staying here!

Room Tip: Great rooms... don't think anywhere could go wrong. I guess I would say bottom floor if you have...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your excellent feedback on our newly renovated property. We appreciate your kind words and take pride in providing the best service and amenities. We look forward to your next visit to Sacramento.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Front desk staff especially Fabian and Kass went above and beyond their duties. They were so helpful and considerate. Overall wonderful place to stay but housekeeping could use some improvement. Location was excellent and central to all major freeways.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RI95833, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed your long term stay with us.
Thank you for recognizing our front desk for their exceptional customer service.
We value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again at the Residence Inn Natomas.
Fairfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas hotel was just a weekend getaway for us, but as a long-time business traveler, I could see the value of this property for others as well.

First, the location. The property is nicely situated in Sacramento; centered as much as Sacramento offers a center to most of the business and tourist attractions of the area. It offers airport shuttle service, and is close to both the I-5 and I-80 freeways for easy access. In spite of the placement, the hotel seems especially well insulated from traffic noise.

Amenities include the traditional Residence Inn long-term stay extras such as free daily breakfast buffet (the eggs are of the reconstituted variety, but the fresh fruit and variety of breads are nice), evening receptions (mon-thu) with complimentary beer and wine, and large guest rooms with full kitchens. Fireplaces (compressed log-burning) are also a pleasant option available upon request.

The property also sports some well-maintained common areas in addition to the standard "guesthouse" lobby/dining facility: a pool, barbecue patio and a tennis court; although the latter seemed too wedged in to allow for any serious gaming.

The staff was functional and friendly enough without being overly impressive.

Finally, the hotel is situated on the backside of a mini-mall with easy access to a number of fast-food options such as Carl's Jr., Starbucks, Jamba Juice, etc. There are extensive shopping/dining/entertainment opportunities nearby Natomas Marketplace.

Room Tip: Although I was not able to make a direct comparison, I would imagine that rooms on the West side (aw...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RI95833, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
As a seasoned business traveler we appreciate your insight on your weekend getaway. We look forward to serving you in the future and providing a great location for your visit to Sacramento.