“Great Location for Old Town”

Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed February 23, 2009

This is a budget hotel in a decent location - especially for those checking out Old Town Sacramento. Based on the reviews we read, the hotel was what we expected - an average decent place for a one night stay. We're fairly light sleepers and didn't have any problems with the noise, but as recommended, we asked for the quietest room possible (3rd floor facing another building). The breakfast was mediocre at best - but for $89 a night, we didn't expect much. They had waffles, bagels, bananas, and some cereals along with coffee and tea. The free parking was a bonus, and the staff were helpful (not overly so, but certainly not rude or stand-offish).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
35  Thank Mobile_Mirandas
msacoldtown, general manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2009

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We welcome all comments about your stay .
I hope if you are in Sacramento you will visit us again.
Management

Reviewed January 19, 2009

This hotel is definitely my home base when I'm in Sacramento (once or twice a month). They do just about everything right.

The staff are fantastic. They are polite and attentive. The check-in desk is efficient. Any time I've brought up an issue, they have been quick to resolve it.

The rooms are clean and relatively new (compared to similar Sacramento properties which I admit is not saying much). Rooms have a fridge and microwave. There's a nice long counter in the bathroom area. In-room internet is wired and very fast.

Only downside, and I admit it can be a liability especially for sensitive people like me, is that the area is loud. I-5 is a stone's throw away, and the Amtrak station is across the street. However, I find with some white noise (the fan) I manage fine.

Really this place is a very good value. On my personal scale, the quality of the service and the rooms is quite a find for this area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
36  Thank petercs
Reviewed October 31, 2008

My sister and Aunt and I stayed here for 4 nights, the location was great we were across the street from Old Sacramento and walking distance to alot of places. The room was nice and the beds were comfy, and the continental breakfast was wonderful, with hot and cold cereral, waffles and pretty good coffee actually. I would recommend this for anyone wanting a great value and nice location. The only complaint I had was there was 3 of us ladies and they really needed to stock the washclothes and towels a little more liberal, but they were very accommodating when asked. It had a fitness room eventho we never had time to use it but the little courtyard was a nice place to sit and have breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
39  Thank burnacea
msacoldtown, general manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2008

Thank You for your review of your stay at Vagabond Old Town. We always welcome any comments from our guests to help improve their stay with us. We hope you will come stay with us again.
Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2008

There are some very good things about this property :
The location is very close to Old Town & the Capitol.
The staff was very nice.
The rooms are not bad.
The free breakfast is not great, but it's ok.
The pool is nice.
The pricing is fair.

There are some other things you should know :
If you are security concious this is NOT the place for you- the property is wide open on all four sides. Some interesting folks wander through at night.
It is next door to a Denny's that is the first Denny's I have seen with a security guard.
It is indeed quite noisy at night- I turned the fan on for white noise & that made it workable.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
7  Thank denygold

Thank You for your comments of our hotel.
We do hope you will try us again. .
Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2008

I experienced significant noise issues similar to those noted in other reviews. One night I called the front desk because of a party in rooms below mine that had also spilled into the parking lot; the front desk said they would send over Security and after about 15 minutes the noise died down. However, two hours later (1:45 a.m.) the party had spread and it was incredibly noisy - I called again and this time there was no change after my call. My room was right around the corner from the lobby so the front desk had to be aware of the situation and they ended up being neither proactive nor reactive. Despite other things to commend this property, I cannot advise anyone staying there due to the noise issues.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank IdahoBased
msacoldtown, general manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2008

I'm sorry your stay was distrubed by the noise
outside. We did have a couple of groups staying with us. I most definitely will speak with my staff to make sure this does not happen again. And thank you for your comments.
Management

Reviewed September 3, 2008

We just got back from an extended Labor Day weekend stay at this hotel. We booked it because of its location (walking distance to Old Sacramento), but because of the price we were only expecting "okay."
This place is amazing! The rooms were well-appointed and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud it was so comfy! The extra bonus of having a fridge and a microwave in the room helped defray our meal costs as did the excellent continental breakfast the hotel provides. If you stay here, try one of their make-your-own waffles.
The staff was friendly and always helpful any time we went into the office to ask questions, get directions, etc. We were very impressed overall with our stay here and recommend any one interested in staying in Sacramento, and want to do it for a lot less than the Holiday Inn across the street, to stay here.
And when you are in the office checking in, be sure to pick up some cookies. They are in a green basket on the counter.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
41  Thank VenusRising
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Clean facility with superb location. There is nothing fancy but nothing wrong either. If you are here for a day or two only then this is a good place to stay.

Stayed: July 2008
40  Thank 606zpx
msacoldtown, general manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2008

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your postive comments and hope to see you again.
Mangement and Staff