Stayed one night at the Vagabond Executive, as part of a weekend trip on the Megabus. The hotel is very close to the Museums and Old Sacramento to the west, and just as close to Amtrak to the north. Everything we needed or wanted to see was within walking distance, a bonus, as we had left the car at home.
Check in was quick, in a welcoming lobby, with informative staff.
The room was clean and equipped with a hair dryer, coffee maker, fridge, TV, phone, alarm clock and microwave.
My kids made use of the outdoor pool, even with the outside temperature in the mid 40's (oh to be young), the housekeeper brought them warm towels fresh from the dryer, which was a nice touch.
The fitness room was well equipped, but a little cramped. More than 3 people in the room would be claustrophobic.
The outside patio will be a great extension to the breakfast room when its built in time for the spring weather, which brings me to the highlight of the hotel...
The free breakfast is GREAT value, fresh waffles, bread and bagels with a toaster, cereal, sausages, eggs, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, apple and orange juice and coffee. Its a great way to start the day, and end the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vagabond Inn Executive hotel in Sacramento (Old Town) is located just off I-5 and a half block from Old Town Sacramento. From here you can walk to the Capitol, Crocker Art Museum, and Downtown Plaza. Our Old Town hotel is only minutes to the Sacramento Zoo, Fort Sutter and outdoor recreation activities in the Sacramento Area. Our hotel in Old town Sacramento serves a daily, complimentary, continental breakfast, and free wireless internet. At the end of a long day take a swim in our pool, soak in our spa, get in a work out in our fitness room or watch cable TV with HBO. For business travelers, our Business Friendly rooms have ample work space and a large TV with remote control. We also have rooms that are handicap accessible. Please inquire with the hotel about availability. For your added convenience, the free high speed Internet is available in all rooms. There is a restaurant on the premises and a complimentary shuttle to Sacramento International Airport, train and bus stations. We do not accept pets. Great value, friendly people- it's how we do things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town Hotel Sacramento
- Vagabond Hotel Sacramento
- Vagabond Hotel Executive Old Town