Hilton Sacramento Arden West
$122
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$134
$169
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$89
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$139
HolidayInn.com
$117
$81
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

All reviewsthe executive loungethe arden fair malldiamond memberbusiness triplobby barfront desk staffsacramento areawould stay here againbreakfast buffetshuttle servicevery nice hotelfitness centerbed was very comfortablefreewayconferencedowntownkey
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Pros - Free Parking, Shuttle Service and Outstanding Bell Service as he was willing to shuttle us to the CalExpo at our convenience rather than stick to the every 2 hour schedule. Also, room was well appointed and food and drink available until 11:00 pm.

Cons - Booked a Concierge Level room at higher price which indicated Concierge Lounge availability. When we tried to use the Concierge Lounge our room key would not allow access. The Front Desk advised "only certain VIP customers could gain access" BUT in a condesending way let us know she would give us access this one time. Didn't appreciate the attitude especially based on the cost of the higher priced room.

Additionally, rooms are noisy. Rooms facing the freeway are very noisy but also rooms not facing the freeway are noisy from the air conditioning units on the rooftop below our room. Bad design as we could hear our neighbors entire phone conversation through the adjoining door. And finally the "one man" staffing at the bar was insufficent for the crowd so the service was bad.

All in all, not worth the $200 a night price tag.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This was the second time I'd stayed here, both times through Hotwire, this time with my wife. Parking is free. Hotel is convenient to highways but not near much of interest other than Arden Fair Mall. The room was quiet, though showing its age (e.g., worn furniture). WiFi was $12.95 for 24 hrs. (front desk clerk had first said the only options were $4.95 per hr. or $9.95 for 12 hrs.). Bar had no draft beer and bottles of premium beers (e.g., Sierra Nevada) were $6.50, which I found excessive. Hotel seems to cater to groups and there was a large wedding party when we were there. Unfortunately, we were given a room amidst many of the wedding guests, and late at night some guests became very noisy. When my wife looked into the hall, hotel security reps there said the problem was resolved, but the problem continued. When we phoned the front desk we were told a guest was "extremely intoxicated," and offered to move us to a better room (we declined, since we didn't want to repack in the middle of the night). The front desk rep said they could ask the offending person to move to another room but couldn't force them (despite the noise?). I said that if they couldn't resolve the problem we'd call the police. Fortunately, the noise stopped. We did get two free breakfast buffets the next morning as compensation, though only after we requested this. Apart from the noise, and the high bar charges, the stay was okay, but next time we'd probably opt for a downtown hotel despite the parking charges.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I was in town for a family emergency. The hotel was located near the freeway, and just a few miles from Sutter General Hospital where my brother was. It's also near a large mall, which was helpful to get my mind off things, as they had a theater. The front desk staff went above and beyond. I believe her name was Monica? She assisted me with a fax that was more than challenging, as the recipients were very hard to work with. She assisted me with a smile. I believe the person I made the reservation with was Gabby? She was extrememly helpful as well. All the staff were great, I'm sorry I don't remember more names. The person who served us for lunch was from Romania. I can't remember her name, sadly, but she was great also.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This Hilton is clean and convenient, and the beds are good, but the staff need better training.

COMPLAINTS:
- I asked for a quiet room, the staff put me near the elevator and the window facing the freeway.
- I went to eat in the restaurant below, and the staff seemed oblivious to seafood questions along with the waiter complaining how much he had to work over the weekend when it came to filling out his tip for the bill (never have had that happen to me anywhere -- outright manipulation to get a higher tip).
- No recycling bins anywhere.
- The showerhead was not low-flow -- it probably blasted out 3-4 gallons per minute; I'm sensitive to waste when I travel, and I thought that was inexcusable.

PLUS:
- The concierge desk was kind and helpful in arranging a cab for the morning -- more courteous than the front desk.
- The fireplace in the central lobby was nice to sit by for a bit after dinner.
- The bed was comfortable.
- The sink area is ample size.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2010

As you drive through Sacramento, most hotels/motels have signs advertising free wireless internet and continental breakfast. I expected Hilton would offer the same due to it's reputation, however I was seriously wrong. For five days of wireless internet, they wanted to charge approximately $40.00 or $3.00 per hour. The cheapest item on the breakfast menu was approximately $11.00 (eggs, toast, hash browns and juice) very standard. The little coffee cafe was NOT open everyday, so plan ahead if you need your morning cup on the go. I am a bit of a neat freak and was a bit disgusted when I discovered someone else's hair in the soap dish in the bathroom and in the tub. Lastly, the windows were NOT double pained so I could hear everything outside. On a positive note, it was located near a mall and several restaurants, there was free parking and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business