“Sacramento Hilton Arden Review”

Hilton Sacramento Arden West
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Sacramento Hilton Arden was a great place to stay for my California State PTA Board of Managers meeting. I will definitely stay here again for business or pleasure when in the Sacramento area. The service was outstanding from the time I checked in to the time I checked out.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Darrell H,
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and will be visiting us again! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sacramento.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

On the weekends this hotel is very reasonably priced. The hotel is located in the part of Sacramento that has many shopping opportunities and also many restaurants. I do not like pay $9.00 for parking as they have no security visible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Carol Y,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete our survey. We truly appreciate your feedback as we strive to continually provide excellent service and a great product. It will be shared with our management team. We had installed the parking in February to stay competitive with other full service hotels in the area and priced the parking half of those of our competitors in the downtown area. We also do have security who patrols our parking lot. Please note that we do also offer special package rates that include parking, or breakfast, or both. You may find this on our Hilton.com website. We definitely value your business and hope you will join us again when your travels bring you back to Sacramento.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I used to travel a whole lot so I have many points. Hilton has a cool deal lately where you can combine a little money and not-so-many points, so I bedded down here during a cross-country road trip. The first room I got had apparently had an animal in it. I'm allergic and after about an hour, had to move. They said they didn't keep track of which rooms were pet-friendly, which probably means they don't do a deep clean after dog or cat leaves. Oh well, they moved me and it was cool. Everything else was ordinary Hilton stay. Unlike other reviewers I didn't find the staff extraordinarily cheerful or helpful, but they weren't rude so no big deal there.

One caution: review your bill. I'm in the (bad) habit of just grabbing the receipt from under the door, looking at the total without much attention to detail, and slipping it into my bag. Never had a billing issue with Hilton, but yesterday I was reconciling everything and noticed that they'd charged $12 apparently for the two bottles of water beside the ice bucket. Those are normally just free water unless marked otherwise or on the mini-bar price list. Since there was no mini-bar in the room, I'm not sure how one would know that they were $6 each. Goes to show even old respected brands like Hilton aren't above some shady stuff to make an extra buck or two.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear epointguy,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay, we make every stride to ensure that our rooms are well maintained and I am sorry to hear the first room you checked into was not to your satisfaction. Hilton welcomes pets in our hotels for a fee but we do have specific rooms on each floor that are designated for our four legged visitors. We do a deep cleaning upon every departure to insure that there are no traces of another visitor. In addition we do provide bottle water in the guest rooms for convenience, but each is marked with a large sticker on the top of the bottle to indicate price, in addition we also have signage to indicate the cost. I do hope that if you have encountered a problem with billing you will reach out to us personally so we can resolve the matter. I hope you will join us again in the future and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stay here for business and the location is OK but my office is close enough to walk. Driving to downtown or the airport is not a big deal. The hotel is well managed and is comfortable to fit all of your business needs. Everyone is nice and accommodating and just a well run facility and a joy to stay at. TI get a comped breakfast and the service and food off the menu is very good.

Dear hailb11,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your uplifting comments and happy to see we are achieving what we strive to accomplish, make every guest feel welcome and valued. We hope you will join us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I will recommend this Hilton to my friends for the next reasons:Good service.Polite and helpfull employes.Close to downtown(if you have a car,5 to7 minutes).Nice restaurant and a quiet bar.Starbucks inside the hotel.Shopping mall 3 minutes drive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Orlando D,
I am happy to hear you will be recommending our hotel to your friends. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the staff. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review on TripAdvisor and hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The location of this hotel is not near anything within walking distance so without a car or using the shuttle, the only food place is in the hotel. We were advised NOT to walk to the Arden Mall unless in a large group and were really advised to not walk anywhere in the immediate area due to crime problems. The hotel conference areas appear outdated and not at a high professional level. Staff was surprisingly cheery and helpful considering the noticeable age of the hotel. Have to say that the food was good but got tired of it after the 3 days of being stuck there.

Dear 931atthebeach,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your comments and feedback, we do not recommend walking to the large mall located just ¼ mile from the hotel but it is due to the freeway. There are not complete sidewalks where the freeway off ramps let on and off, instead we encourage guests to utilize our shuttle service that runs to and from the Arden Fair mall hourly. I am happy to hear that the staff was cheerful and welcoming as we strive to provide the best customer service possible. I hope you will join us again in the future should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were here over 4th of July weekend for a fun convention. This was my 1st stay as a Hilton Gold member. The afternoon deserts were wonderful and breakfast was fine in the mornings. Luckily our conference had arranged for free parking (which was easy for them to get since the hotel didn't charge a year ago when the contract was signed).
The lack of emergency lighting during the power outage was quite a surprise. It took 20 minutes for the engineer to get the generator cranked up.
Room was nice and we might well stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear sffan2,
Congratulations on becoming a Hilton Honors Gold member, we thank you for being such a loyal member to our hotel family! I am glad to see you enjoyed your benefits to being a Gold member. I appreciate your comments about the power outage that occurred, it was a SMUD power outage in this area that lasted approximately 20 minutes, we realized during this incident that there was a problem with our generator which we have since addressed as the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and I hope you will join us again should your travels bring you back to Sacramento.