Hilton Sacramento Arden West
$189
$170
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe executive loungethe arden fair malldiamond memberbusiness triplobby barfront desk staffsacramento areawould stay here againbreakfast buffetcal exposhuttle servicevery nice hotelfitness centerbed was very comfortablefreewayconferencedowntown
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Disappointing for a Hilton property. Killed about five fruit flys per day in the bathroom over a four-night stay. Staff was otherwise friendly and helpful. Probably should have complained, but I had already settled into work and didn't want to pack up again to change rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nzedhoneymooners
HiltonSacramentoMgr, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear nzedhoneymooners,
Thank you very much for staying with us! We're truly sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down during your stay. We encourage all of our guests to inform us of any problems in their guest room and we apologize that we didn't have the opportunity to correct these during your stay. We hope that you'll give us another chance if your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Melissa Dunson - Director of Front Office

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Always stay here when visiting Sacramento..prices reasonable...staff attentive and always willing to go above and beyond. Concierge level has extra nice touches from robes in rooms to high end bath products. Convenient location for shopping, dining and sight seeing. They charge for parking now which was something new since I was there last - not thrilled with that - but it did seem a bit more secure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear lizzysparks,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and your kind words. We truly take pride in knowing our guests had a great experience. I hope you will join us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here while at a busy convention, and overall, the hotel was pretty good. My room stayed at a comfortable temperature during a heat wave. I was checked in and out quickly. The bed was comfortable. I did have a few problems. There were no bellhops that I could see when I checked in, so I thought that I had to unload all the heavy stuff from my car by myself without a luggage cart. When I called the front desk very late Sat night to request an extra pillow, no one answered. I tried calling all of the hotel services using the labeled buttons on the phone, but no one answered. Finally, I used an outside line to call the front desk, and this time the phone was answered on the third ring. I told the front desk fellow that I'd had to use an outside line, but he brushed me off and charged me $4.20 to get him to answer the phone. The 420 part got a lot of knowing grins from a bunch of us given how lethargic he answered. So at least we were amused. Still. Bleah. The furniture in the rooms needs to be steam cleaned. There was sticky stuff (please tell me it was just syrup) on the arm of the room's sofa. The restaurant was understaffed horribly, which is mystifying given that the hotel wasn't at all surprised by having 800 people show up: this convention was planned for a long time in advance. But overall, the stay was all right. My friends and I had a lot of fun at the convention. Staff responded quickly and professionally to unexpected things like a sudden need for extra chairs in the great hall during a big event. The bar staff, in particular, seemed to take all the chaos one thing at a time, and kept the appearance of having good humor even when convention attendees were verbally abusive. I sure hope that the hotel noticed how professional the bar staff was even when customers were not behaving as well as they should.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Amy E,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback is essential to improving our product and service. We are always willing to assist all guests with luggage, during a large conference such as the Westercon convention the wait for the next available employee maybe a few minutes but we are always here to serve our guests. During this holiday weekend we extended the hours of all our outlets to accommodate a group of this size to ensure all guest’s had a wonderful time. I appreciate your kind comments about staff as well and I encourage you to please feel free to contact me directly in regards to any billing issues due to having the use an outside line to contact the front desk. I hope you will join us again in the future should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We gathered for Westercon 66, and the hotel had a great layout for this size convention. The rooms were quiet despite a crowd that could be raucous (and fun). It's also conveniently located near restaurants and the Arden Fair Mall, so really, if we needed anything the hotel didn't have, it was a short hop down the road. I don't know if I would need to be back in Sacramento in the near future, but I would definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Derek M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really enjoyed having the Westercon event here at our hotel and I am glad you had a wonderful time. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope you will have a reason to visit us here in Sacramento again!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for four nights. Rooms were large and pleasant with good air-conditioning (it was 107). Pool was small but nice. Bartender fixed a really good tall rum and coke. Breakfasts were tasty and abundant but the coffee in the restaurant was undrinkably bitter BOTH mornings I had it (and that's after adding double cream and four sugars). My only real complaint was no free wifi except in the (very crowded) lobby. The hotel wanted $9.99 plus tax PER DAY for wifi in our room. That's just silly. They have the wifi there. Our using it does not increase their cost. Most mid-level hotels provide free wifi, but somehow Hilton thinks that if you stay in a "name" hotel they should be able to charge you more. I was very disappointed in their policy. If I hadn't been attending a conference, I would not have stayed here. I would certainly never come back on my own.

Room Tip: The lowest numbered rooms are near the front elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear MemElaina,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Thank you for your feedback about our internet options. We do offer a higher quality product in our internet service, it is high speed and with such a large facility we offer two networks so all guest can enjoy this product, but due to this we do have to charge for it. We understand our guest’s opinions and we are searching for options that give our guests different selections. Currently we offer complimentary access in our lobby and business center and we are looking into offering a basic option that gives guests the option to check emails and surf the web complimentary in their guest rooms. I hope you will consider joining us again in the future should your travels bring you back to Sacramento.