“Friendly place to visit a friend”

Hilton Sacramento Arden West
Ranked #13 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had a chance to spend a couple of days here before a convention in downtown Sacramento. My highlights of this stay included a very nice buffet in the concierge lounge in the morning, a great little lobby bar, and their restaurant was very good as well. But the best thing I noticed was the friendliness of the staff including the bellman, front desk, and especially the housekeepers who ALWAYS smiled and said hello and then they would be willing to have conversation with you if you actually talked to them.

Room was well cleaned.

Room Tip: Even if you have to pay a little more, the concierge floor amenities are well worth the additional e...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights. My room was very quiet and on the 5th floor. The hotel staff hwere very professional and helpful. Furniture and doors seem a little weathered but my room was very clean and comfortable. Ordered room service and my order came in less than 15 minutes. Using the parking ticket and Parking was a bit of a pain but not too bad. Attended a conference at the hotel and found the conference rooms were a good size and not too cold.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I arrived around 1:00am and I was greeted by a very happy and professional front desk agent. Check-in was a breeze. I was given a room on the executive floor which are the top 2 floors. The room was well appointed even though the hotel is showing its age. The complimentary water and mints were a nice touch. I had access to the executive lounge for continental breakfast. The lounge is quite nice with lots of seating. On the main floor there is a small gym with lots of treadmills, ellipticals, weight machines, and free weights. My only complaint was the freeway noise that could be heard from my room that faced the freeway. It wasn't bad, but it was noticeable in the morning. I would not hesitate to stay here again and every employee I encountered was genuine and courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dr_Drew2
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times when in Sacramento. It is near the Arden Mall and many restaurants/shopping. The hotel bar and restaurant is nice, the personnel friendly in all locations, and the rooms are also nice. They just put in a gate in the parking lot so now getting in and out is a hassle. Perhaps they had a safety reason to install the gate, I don't know, but I don't like it. The rooms have neutral decor and are relaxing with a view of the city lights. I have two favorite hotels in Sacramento and this is one of them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had our confirmation printed with the details in our hand. They messed up the reservation and tried to give us the wrong room. One of our kids had to sleep on the floor. Made us feel unwelcome especially Dante the desk clerk and the night manager we had a late checkout As part of reservation. We had to convince to let check out semi late verses the afternoon checkout our reservations guaranteed .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cheryl J
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been traveling to the Sacramento area quite a lot the past 6 months, and have spread my stays around to various establishments. About 6 weeks scattered throughout the 6 months I have stayed at the Hilton Arden West. The rooms are comfortable and functional. The bed's are very comfortable, and the service is good, with friendly staff. The food in the restaurant is slightly better than average business hotel food. The location is convenient to the city and not a far drive to the offices in Rancho Cordova that I frequent (I was advised by locals to avoid staying in Rancho for safety reasons). It is a little disappointing that the hotel charges for wireless internet in the rooms in this day and age. And they recently added gates to their parking lot and started charging for parking, if not for those two items, I may have given it 4 stars. All in all, it is a good place to stay on a business trip to Sac.

Room Tip: The rooms near the elevator - though there is a hallway between them and the elevator are quite nois...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is an older Hilton property and while it is nice, it could use some refurbishing of the rooms. The decor is a little tired. The bathroom doors are narrow and the bathroon is kind of tight. You have to close the door in order to sit on the toilet because otherwise you are going to ram your knees into it. It does have a grab bar in the tub which is nice and the shower heads have several settings. The staff is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will certainly take into account your comments regarding our rooms. We hope that you'll give us another chance , and we look forward to your return!