“Several Problems”

Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed September 5, 2006

We arrived at 5pm to check in only to be told our room was not ready and to come back in thirty minutes. We returned in one hour and had to wait an additional twenty minutes to receive our room. The room was shabby and had some type of pink liquid splashed all over the curtains. The loft window was missing a screen. The breakfast buffet was extremely picked over and poorly staffed. I definitely will not return to this hotel.

Stayed: September 2006

Reviewed June 21, 2006

My husband and I choose the Residence Inn while visting my family and attending a large track and field tournament in Sacramento. We called the hotel to insure our room would be held since we were arriving late. A really friendly lady at the front desk not only re-assured me we would have a room, but she also made sure we had a ground floor since I have trouble with stairs. Upon arrival, I found what I thought was an upgraded room, so I called the front desk. Come to find out, that was the standard room! The room was very clean, with lots of towels and enough room for my parents to come over for dinner. Breakfast was also a wonderful surprise. The staff was very friendly, the food was fresh and wonderful! I almost didn't want to check out and go to our next destination. I plan on staying with the Residence Inn for all my trips to Sacramento.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank j2thelo76
Reviewed May 31, 2006

Here is an overview of everything:

Breakfast Buffet:
GREAT! The best I have even seen. It was even free! There was everything you wanted. They had cereal, skim and regular milk, bagels, toast, jams, butter (promise and regular), a waffle maker where you can make you own waffle, orange juice, english muffins, toaster to toast your breads, doughnuts, oatmeal, yogurt, and they had eggs and sausage one day and buscits and gravy the other time we were there. It was GREAT! The best way to save your money. The only down side was that it took them quite some time to refill when they ran out. It was open fairly long as well. They also serve dinner (not all days but most) but we never attended.

Room:
Our room was awesome. We were a family of 5 and we all felt we had enough room. Once you entered there was a kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and countertop with chairs. The hotel even provided some common utensils like silverware, a few pots, colender, plates, cups, and bowls. Right next to the kitchen was an arm chair and couch that had a TV a tiny fireplace it was a living room. Then a foot away was a table with 4 chairs. There was a small desk and then they had a pull out bed that came down fromt the wall (queen size). Then there was a small flight of stairs that led to the "adult room" there were no doors to the rooms and if you were in the "adult" room you could talk to someone who was in the kitchen. THe only down side was that we couldn't watch any of the mvies the hotel offered. There were 2 bathrooms each with showers. There was no room service but they had local restarants' numbers (chinese, pizza, and mexican). Also, in walking distance from the hotel is a MC Donalds, Chillis, and Red Lobster.

Service:
I wouldn't say they had they GREATEST maid service but no comments that would be negitive. The front desk worker was so nice. THe room we were originally going to get was down for maintence and the worker was so nice about it and made sure we were happy with our new room.

Pool:
I didn't go in it but it was rather small. The pool is right outside the place where they serve breakfast so many people ate out in the sun by the pool.

Gym:
VERY SMALL....maybe 3 tredmills and a stairclimber. Not the best but good enough if you need to work out.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank Andreas K
Reviewed May 4, 2006

Stayed at this hotel while on company business in the area. Stayed here in 2004 & 2005, but my last visit was much better. Desk staff was very helpful and the new beds were nice. Great central location near dining & shopping. Overall I had a much better stay than previous visits. Will stay here again next trip to Sacramento CA.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank HereTodayGoneTmrw35
Reviewed April 18, 2006

Stayed here on business for 3 nights and was happy with this place and will probably stay here again.
Only difficulty was getting there at night since directions online were a little vague and the streets in the area are somewhat confusing.

Security walked me to my room since it was very late and raining. It was also very difficult to find a parking space since it was fully booked. Extremely helpful check-in staff.

The room wasn't luxurious but it was spacious and well equipped. Full size refrig, microwave, pots, pans, dishes, etc. Breakfast was quite good and included in rate. Also have a "happy hour" on weeknights which was less than spectacular but free wine was good enough to take a glass back to the room.

Lamps in the room could use a little repair but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Lots of restaurants in the area so there are plenty of choices for places to eat, some within reasonable walking distance. Even so, I had food delivered one particularly rainy night and it was nice to be able to put the extra food in the refrig for eating the next day.

There were people using the heated spa and pool and they seemed to enjoy it. Overall a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Longwood Traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have always enjoyed it. There has been some turnover but for the better.....the new team brought in has really made my last stay the best yet. Great location, great breakfast and clean room, which is all I ask for. Manager's reception is great too! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
NYC
Reviewed September 7, 2005

nice friendly staff. clean room. but despite the security guard in front, our car was broken into at night. the burglar tried to remove the radio. but only managed to break it in the process. sign.

• Stayed: August 2005