“Basic room, central location”

Motel 6 Sacramento Downtown
Ranked #70 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
San Francisco, California
“Basic room, central location”
Reviewed May 2, 2008

The location is very close to downtown Sacramento, about a 10 minute drive from the Capitol and the Convention Center. My room was a good size, but furnished sparsely. When I checked in, they did not honor the Click 6 discount rate from my confirmed reservation from the Motel 6 website. That got fixed in the morning after I complained.

• Liked — Location is central.
  • Disliked — Had difficulty getting the promised rate.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2006

I am staying here (basically sleeping here) while my wife is in a nearby Hospital for surgery. I It is very close to the Hospital, so since I would only be sleeping here, I thought I would role the dice for a night. Wow, was I ever surprised. It looks like they just finished remodeling the rooms, and my room was excellent for a Motel 6. Everything was very clean. The bathroom was clean and the shower very functional. No bath tub for those that need a tub. The bed was comfortable. They have a decent pool with lounge chairs, tables and unbrella's.

This is a Motel 6, so don't expect frills. It's an inexpensive and clean motel, and does the job for the price. A couple of words of advice. Try to get a room facing the pool. The neighborhood is not the best, so I would stay away from the rooms on the back of the Motel. There are several great restuarants within walking distance, but I would save the walking for daylight hours. If you like Mexican food, try La Fiesta just down the street on Alhambra St. Great food!

If you want to save money, and want a clean place to sleep and shower, this is a good option. If you want Continental breakfast, morning paper and pay per view movies, you are at the wrong place.

Oh, and speaking of breakfast, there is a Starbucks right across the street off the back of the Motel on Alhambra St.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bath, England
Reviewed April 22, 2006

We stayed here for one night as part of our three week road trip around California. I booked on the internet literally hours before we arrived - worth doing as the rate is cheaper than if you just turn up. I had not had time to read the reviews, but I have to say it really wasn't that bad. The location is not particularly lovely - it's just off a noisy freeway - and the manager did tell us not to park out the back as the car would be safer in the parking lot in front of the office (he said they had a security guard at night), which implies the neighbourhood was not all that great at night. Having said all that, the room was small, but clean and the television a perfectly acceptable size. We didn't have any problems at all - everything worked just the way it was supposed to and I didn't notice any noise other than the hum of traffic, so as somewhere cheap to crash for the night, it was fine. Also the location is very close to Sutter's Fort and from there it's a short drive to Old Sacramento, both of which were fun to see. There's also a Starbucks right around the corner, if like me, you can't drink the coffee they give you in the morning.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank violetbloom
Alameda, CA
Reviewed August 18, 2005

I made reservations a few weeks in advance. We got to the motel around 7PM, and they didn't have any rooms ready for us. We had to sit in our car for like 45 minutes while they cleaned a room. When we got to the room, the shelf holding the telephone had fallen off the wall. I phoned the front desk asking for another room, and was told they would call me back in 10 minutes. 30 minutes later, no call. I called the front desk again, and they told me they had no additional rooms to put us in. No discount offer, not even an apology. At around 7:30AM the next morning, a pack of bikers started revving their cycles in the parking lot. They just let the motors chug away while they yelled conversations with one another. They threatened anyone who told them to shut up. It is the motel staff's RESPONSIBILITY to deal with things like this, so again, I called the front desk and their response was, "I talked to them, they're leaving." ONE HOUR LATER THEY WERE STILL THERE. Still revving. No sleep for me and many other angry patrons. This place is dirty, small, LOUD, and the staff is incredibly rude and apathetic. Quite possibly the worst motel stay of my life, and I got stuck in a hooker motel in Chicago with hourly rates and mirrored walls/ceilings that was much more pleasant than this poor excuse for lodging.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank interstate604
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 23, 2004

I got stuck in a bind and needed a room for 2 nights, and decided to stay at this motel. Let me tell you I regret that decision. 1st off all the price was too high. Next the second I got into the room I noticed how truely bare it was. There is a desk with a tiny TV on it, but how can anyone do work on it. The phone outlet is across the room. So needless to say this motel is not business friendly. When I looked inside the bathroom there was only 1 towel, and half a roll of toilet paper. The closet had only a couple hangers, and of course there was no dresser. I had to store my clothes mainly on the floor. I decided to take a shower only to find the shower door would not close all the way, so water was leaking all over the floor in the bathroom. The only good point was they offered FREE local calls. I was hoping to watch a little TV before bed, however they only offered a small selection of channels. I decided against watching TV and tried to get some sleep. When I checked in I asked the front desk clerk for a quiet room. However they put me in a room next to a dance club that a friend told me used to be a strip club. No needless to say there was loud music/partying all night long. The next day i noticed the carpet had some serious burn marks. I travel alot and stay in hotels like Motel 6 all the way up to The Fairmont. All of these headaches for $53 a night after tax. In my mind that is way too much. I advise for the same cost stay at the Econo Lodge, or Travel Lodge. They both offer alot better service and rooms. Then to top it off the 2nd night I had some guy who appeared homeless knocking on my door, asking for a previous tennant. I told him he had the wrong room, and he kept looking around to see what sort of belongings I had with me. I only assume he was thinking of robbing me. So needless to say I will never stay here again. I would rather be on the streets.

14 Thank shadow1978