See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I always enjoy staying at La Quinta North. It's close to everything close to downtown and it's clean. Every time I Stay the staff always takes very good care of myself and my family. Tasha La Tosha, Tony maintenance Francis and Shane. Even all the housekeepers are very courteous and take good care of us.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0631GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

WOW - Thank you for your amazing remarks regarding the entire team! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge them and we will definitely pass on your comments to recognize them for a job well done. We hope to see you again very soon the next time you're in the area. Thank you!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Staff was friendly, room was clean and the coffee was good, but too many extended stay people with women screaming at significant other in the middle of the night. Also had a problem with birds dying in the parking lot.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0631GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing you recent experience with us. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay, however we appreciate you brining the other items to our attention. We assure you we will use your comments to improve our hotel for the future. Thank you and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I am reviewing the least expensive, smallest room offered. We opted out of the room fridge, which would have been a few dollars more and given us a slightly bigger room apparently.

We stayed here with our 2 dachshunds on a 3-night visit with friends in the area. We’ve always had good experiences with La Quinta & we expected the same here. Well...

First the pros:
- they allow pets and don’t charge extra for them
- the towels were nice and fairly thick for an inexpensive motel
- Inexpensive. Definitely a good price for Sacramento (averaged $80 something a night)
- Easy to find right off the 80.
- Seems like a decent area. I didn’t feel unsafe in the slightest, although I didn’t know if I should be concerned or pleased to see a security person walking the grounds at 6:45 a.m. when I was walking my dogs.
- There’s an In-n-Out right next door! For native Californians that’s a big plus.
- I found the mattress surprisingly comfortable (more about this in the cons)
- The basics were met: soap, shampoo, ice, tv with basic cable
- Looks like there was a minor remodel, with a new bed frame, an accent wall painted a lovely eggplant color, and a couple of nice photos on the wall
- The area our room was (147) was actually quite quiet. I suppose it’s the dog section of the motel since there’s grass and the pet relief area right there. No street noise or bright lights to disturb one’s rest.
- The pool and hot tub both have a pool lift to help folks in wheelchairs get in.
- While I didn’t use them, nor did I see anyone else in them, the pool and hot tub looked nice.

The cons:
- There was mold in some of the grout of the shower/tub. My husband says it was also on the ceiling and the shower curtain. Maybe a fan in the bathroom would help?
- While most hotels/motels have changed to the curved shower rod to give a little more room in the tub shower, this La Quinta skipped that in the remodel (assuming there was indeed a remodel).
- Seems to have skipped the bathroom entirely in the remodel. You have to straddle the toilet or get in the tub to shut the door. I’m an average sized woman & husband an average sized man. I expect a large sized person would find this uncomfortable. The bathroom & sink area appear old & dated.
- The mattress (I said there’s more about this): soft and sank in the middle. I literally had to put my legs in the air & fling them down to give me the momentum to get upright & out of bed. It was like an ‘I Love Lucy’ episode! I normally like a hard bed & I had strong reservations about whether I would be awaking with a backache, but my back was fine in the mornings. Still, I’m 58 years old & morning calisthenics to get out of bed wasn’t planned on.
- Carpet seemed pretty old & my dogs sniffed at it like “eeww! Dogs have done stuff here!” I kept my socks or shoes on when walking around. Just noting- my dogs did ALL their business outside in the appointed pet area.
- Room not quite cleaned as one expects. The black office chair at the table was covered in short white hair which I took to be pet hair of some sort. Maybe run a lint roller over it quickly?
- No box of tissue in the spot for it in the bathroom. Is that now considered a luxury, as at other budget motels?
- Breakfast seemed a bit sub-par when compared to other La Quintas we’ve stayed at. After a glance we chose to go to a nearby restaurant.

My question to myself when writing a review is always ‘would I visit here again?’ I’m conflicted with this La Quinta. Maybe yes if our dogs are with us, but maybe not if we’ve left them home.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
LQ0631GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

We greatly appreciate the detailed review of your recent stay. It is great to hear you had so many positive things to say regarding our hotel and services. However, we apologize for the trouble your experienced. I assure you we will go over your comments with the entire team here to ensure we all understand where we can improve for the future. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed September 16, 2018