“Homless, Drug addict Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Sacramento North

La Quinta Inn Sacramento North
Ranked #56 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
ca
“Homless, Drug addict Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here while attending a softball tournament and this hotel is a no tell motel! The first day a homeless man was swimming in the pool and was watching my 13 yr old daughter. Staff kicked him out and he threatened he would be back and later that night he came back and a group of dads had to chase him 4 off 4 times since the Hotel took no action. 911 was called and they didn't even bother to come. There was pubic hair all over the bathroom floor, blood on the light switch of the bathroom and hole in the ceiling, the bathtub was brown and moldy, we wore flip flops to shower. If that isn't enough there are actually people that LIVE at this hotel with their 7 kids, dogs and drugs. The dogs bark at all hours of the night and the kids ran wild unattended. The smell of them smoking pot was so overwhelming that our AC would suck in the smell and blow into our room. When I complained to the front desk there answer was " hope you enjoyed your stay see you next time" ... if you want child stalkers, drugs and unhelpful staff than this is your hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MoMoftwoCA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Calabasas, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My co-worker and I stayed here for one night on a business trip. We chose this particular hotel because of location and price. The only positive comments I have are the bed was comfortable, the staff at the front desk were smiling and kind, the free slow internet, and the free so-so breakfast. EVERYTHING else about this hotel was terrible. Within 10 minutes of checking into our room we had what seemed like a drug crazed homeless man banging on my co-workers door. Thankfully my co-worker did not open the door and called the front desk instead. The situation was handled quickly by the front desk attendant threatening to call the cops and yelling at the man who continued to band on the door. My room smelled strongly like piss and his room smelled like cigarette smoke. The bathtubs in both of our rooms were disgusting. I wore my flip-flops in the tub. The walls between rooms were thick enough not to hear what other guest were doing (thankfully), however the walls attached to the street were paper thin. We stayed in room parallel to the in and out drive through (about 50 feet away) and all throughout the night I got to hear food orders and very loud music. All in all I will personally NOT stay here again. Creepy, old, and a safety risk. Good luck to all those who give it a try, I hope you experience is better.

Room Tip: any room NOT near the in and out drive through
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JenniferLooy
campbell river, bc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Spent two nights here last week escaping failed air conditioning in my mom's home. These used to be good hotels.

It was shamefully poorly maintained. Hallways were dirty, chairs in room had really disgustingly stained seats. (Ugh!) Room wasn't prepared--only one facecloth, one coffee packet. Day two the cleaner thought we'd booked out.

Air conditioning worked, mostly, but was noisy. Fridge had been unplugged and the door closed. It smelled.

Agent at checkin was barely civil.

Coffee at breakfast was the worst I've been served in this country...Bagels were stale. Cream cheese may well have been warm and then re-refrigerated--tasted odd, and my mom developed stomach cramps.

Nearby food sources --an In & Out Burger which is pretty good and a lousy uncivil Boston Kitchen where the food smelled gross. I didn't try it...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Liz B
Cypress, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked a King suite--did not get a suite. We are Elite Members and should have had priority access, especially since we booked the room weeks in advance. The hotel "hot tub" was a green horror. The inner hallways were dirty and poorly maintained. The room was reasonably clean, but poorly maintained and desperately in need of a carpet cleaning. The air conditioner was loud and rattled all night--I guess we should be thankful it worked. The tub didn't drain very well, so by the end of our showers we could have taken a bath. I have stayed in better Motel 6s. The breakfast was disappointing. The staff was friendly, but I probably will not ever stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Janipurr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacramento
Crowne Plaza Sacramento
Crowne Plaza Sacramento
#37 of 80 in Sacramento
Ramada Sacramento
Ramada Sacramento
#45 of 80 in Sacramento
Lions Gate Hotel - A Lexington Legacy Hotel
Lions Gate Hotel - A Lexington L...
#1 of 5 in North Highlands
EconoLodge Sacramento North
EconoLodge Sacramento North
#52 of 80 in Sacramento
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo

Been to La Quinta Inn Sacramento North? Share your experiences!