All reviewspool and hot tubfree breakfasteasy accessfreewaypets
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The cleanest and most efficient hotel I have stayed in in years. Highly recommended. Everything from the grounds to the rooms were very well taken care of. If I didnt know better I would say that the hotel was brand new.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Escape367369
Reviewed June 15, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This La Quinta is right off of I-5 just north of downtown Sacramento. This is an older place but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good but not excellent. The staff could be more attentive during busy times because they frequently run out of one thing or another and you have to go to the front desk to get things resupplied. Their internet service is barely acceptable. It is slow and the routers do not cover the property very well. The result is that service is intermittent and slow. We had to change rooms to get any service at all. We got upgraded to a suite at no charge and that was nice. But I'd be more happy with a standard room with fast internet. The fitness center was clean. The two bikes that I used had problems with their heart rate monitors not working correctly. And it would be nice to have a treadmill. But the fitness center is open 24 Hrs. and that's handy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from I-5. It's quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have stayed at many La Quinta's over the pass two years covering half of the USA but this stop was the worst. The room was very small for a King Size, no Fridge or Microwave. The computer table nearly fell apart when I sat down to get some work done. A closer inspection of the table revealed all eight leg bolts were about to come off the screw so I tightened them up the best I could. My computer was acting up so I went to the front desk and asked where the business/executive center was located. The desk clerk stated there was no such of center and recommended I stop by the Office Depot (next door) if I was in need of computere access. Informed the desk clerk their website clearly showed a computer for patron use. She had no comment.
The bed felt like a slab of concrete. I slept better in Iraq with IED's around me. But the final straw was the breakfast. Wow, I thought I was in California (Green, nutrition, health) Ha!!!. Carbs, Carbs, and more Carbs. I immediately checked out and stayed at the Lions Gate.

Room Tip: Stay at the Lions Gate at McClellan Park.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business