See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 15, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 11, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This La Quinta is right off of I-5 just north of downtown Sacramento. This is an older place but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good but not excellent. The staff could be more attentive during busy times because they frequently run out of one thing or another and you have to go to the front desk to get things resupplied. Their internet service is barely acceptable. It is slow and the routers do not cover the property very well. The result is that service is intermittent and slow. We had to change rooms to get any service at all. We got upgraded to a suite at no charge and that was nice. But I'd be more happy with a standard room with fast internet. The fitness center was clean. The two bikes that I used had problems with their heart rate monitors not working correctly. And it would be nice to have a treadmill. But the fitness center is open 24 Hrs. and that's handy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from I-5. It's quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have stayed at many La Quinta's over the pass two years covering half of the USA but this stop was the worst. The room was very small for a King Size, no Fridge or Microwave. The computer table nearly fell apart when I sat down to get some work done. A closer inspection of the table revealed all eight leg bolts were about to come off the screw so I tightened them up the best I could. My computer was acting up so I went to the front desk and asked where the business/executive center was located. The desk clerk stated there was no such of center and recommended I stop by the Office Depot (next door) if I was in need of computere access. Informed the desk clerk their website clearly showed a computer for patron use. She had no comment.
The bed felt like a slab of concrete. I slept better in Iraq with IED's around me. But the final straw was the breakfast. Wow, I thought I was in California (Green, nutrition, health) Ha!!!. Carbs, Carbs, and more Carbs. I immediately checked out and stayed at the Lions Gate.

Room Tip: Stay at the Lions Gate at McClellan Park.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Deanne L
Reviewed May 30, 2012

La Quinta was highly recommended to me because they are dog friendly. I arrived to find beautiful outside grounds and had rented a mini king suite with frig and microwave. The room was quite large and had nice furniture and up to date flat TV's. The frig was quite small with no freezer compartment or light over the area. It had no silverware or dishes. The only sink was in the next room, where the bathroom is. The breakfast was one step above a continental with no eggs or meat. The juice machine wasn't working and they ran out of milk and had to put out a gallon. They did have a toaster. There were a lot of shady characters lurking about. The worst thing of all, was that my dog, my wife, and I got flea infestation. We didn't know it until we were on the road and both of us complained about red marks and itches we had after the second day. I had sprayed our dog with a pet concentrate called cedarcide which bugs hate. he is white and out popped fleas everywhere, Apparently La Quinta does not spray and yet charge you extra for your dog. In conclusion, I paid $334.64 for 3 nights and feel it was a rip-off. I intend to write their corporate office for a refund and will not stay at a La Quinta hotel ever again. I wish I had traveled in my RV, paid the extra cash for gas and been much happier. I know my dog would.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family