All reviews bagels pool and hot tub free breakfast easy access sacramento area freeway pets starbucks
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I needed a place to crash overnight on a quick turnaround trip to the Sacramento area. La Quinta fit the bill perfectly. It had everything I needed as well as being nice and clean. The front desk was very friendly and helpful and I will definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We were meeting in the Sacrament area for our own girls reunion. This laQuinta Inn was the one the closest to our destination.The front desk people were very friendly and helpful.However, our only complaint was that the toilet seemed to have a very slow drain and the water came up to the lid. We called the front desk at 9:30 pm for a plunger and they weren't able to send anyone to our toom. We went to the desk to get the plunger and it worked. Also the showerhead is unstable. When we checked out, we returned the plunger and told them our issue and they took almost $17 off the cost of the room.I found that to be a very pleasant surprise. They apologized for our inconvience.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Cruiser319971
Reviewed January 5, 2012

As an individual for business, for job interviews, for family get togethers I use La Quinta , they are a franchise hotel group. In my view they are outstanding value, compared to others eg at one end motel 6 or 8, or Holiday inn which usely near double of LQ.
SO with this in mind, there were a few minor things less than you would expect at other LQ
Passably acceptable for a short stay for longer then a miss.

Room tip: Check website, use AAA membership if have,AARP too for lower rates, LQ love pets
Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Sat by the pool and within 20 minuets it became apparent two guys on the third floor across from the pool were dealing. They were so open that they carried on their business on cell phones standing outside their room and while walking the hallways.

Later that night when we returned from dinner we had to park at the rear of the motel. When we got there we noticed a couple of guys and a girl. The girl was "servicing" men in cars parked in the office supply parking lot next door to the motel.

We spoke to one of the employees about this and she said they had thrown out the drug dealers but the drug dealers started screaming racism and the manager let them back on the premises. OK, that's cool, you have drugs and prostitution but you don't have me anymore.

That's the bad news. The good news is that your car is probably safe because the folks doing "business" out of this motel would not want the attention a vandalized, stolen, or broken into car would bring.

By the way.... I am a former law enforcement officer and a pretty good observer.

Room tip: Front side if you want easy access to drugs. Back side if you want easy access to hookers.
Date of stay: October 2011
3  Thank Froggy04
Reviewed October 3, 2011

There may not be enough room for this review! Upon checking into our room after a long day of travel we discovered that in the recently renovated hotel there were towels for one and the new tv did not work. When I caled the desk I was informed that they did not have enough towels for all of their rooms and that they would try to get a technician the next day to fix the TV!

After that, I needed an iced drink so I wandered down the hall and around two corners to the ice machine for a bucket of ice. No luck! Out of order. I even walked down a flight of stairs to find another ice machine out of order! Returning to my room I called the front desk and was told that the only operating ice machine was down three flights of stairs and across the motel property! Room temperature was sounding good to me.

After sleeping on that we wandered down to the lobby for the complimentary "breakfast" to discover a feeble offering hardly worth the effort. To take our minds off the night and morning I stopped at the desk to remind of our need for towels and to ask for directions to the "complimentary" pass to a neighboring health club. I was instructed to show my room card at the health club two blocks away and pay $5.00 each for a one-day admission to the club. Am I the only person who knows the definition of "complimentary?"

As our stay continued I had to ask for towels for two everyday! Each time I was reminded that the motel did not own enough towels for all the rooms. A business friend of mine tells me he stays at LaQunta's all across the country and enjoys his stays. My advice, "Matt, stay away from this one. Stay someplace else!!"

Date of stay: October 2011